4 44.44%

2 22.22%

0 0%

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LL Cool J - Exit 13

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default LL Cool J - Exit 13

You know I remember back in the days of "14 Shots To The Dome" was great album and "Mama Said Knock U Out" and this is still the same LL Cool J from back then he's just a little older still proving himself because now he’s hungry and you can tell. I agree his last 3 Or 4 albums have been "lackluster" in effort but with tracks like "rocking Wit the Goat" And "that's Ringtone M...." To The Soft Nod 2 His "LL" Part Of His Name. And If It Wasn't 4 Ll Cool J All These Soft Chick Songs From Rappers Wouldn't Have A Blueprint To Follow. LL Cool J is too me the true prototype of what the rapper has become because he’s done it 1st. LL Cool J is both a battler (pka Battle rapper or rather used to be back in the day until he got sonned by Canibus), a story Teller and expressionist when it comes to his feelings. And thus What Has LL has done for hip hop as emcee and an innovator from “Mr. Smith” to “Radio” back from “Walking like a Panther” to “Bigger and Deffer” and dude has been a monster and always will.

Overall This Album Has All The Qualities That Make "LL" - LL Cool J. If it wasn't for "The Goat" you wouldn't have a dope song like "Going Back 2 Cali" for Notorious Big to cover and something ill for Diddy and his Hitmen to sample. So all the hate on "Jack The Ripper" is one hand needed and understood yet no respect for a living legend But rather the fans would praise and Boost 2pac, Biggie, Nas, etc. which to the contrast are all great artists too in their own rights. But what I’m trying to say is that LL is still around from the 80's Era (or the golden era) ff Hip Hop and has stood the test of time. This Album gets 3 1/2 Out Of 5 stars. Regardless of the hate there is no debate he's a legend regardless if the man's star may be fading is to each is own.

Overall: 3 1/2 Out Of 5

Stand Out Tracks

Rocking Wit The Goat

This Is Ringtone M....

Old School New School

Ur Only A Customer

Dear Hip Hop
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 09-22-2008 at 02:24 AM.

I didn't know it was out

yeah I was suprised by this album because it was actually good and that's the first album LL accomplished that with since 2000.. as you say LL has something to prove once again and he certainly does it on tracks like "Rocking With The GOAT"," It's Time For War", "You Better Watch Me", "Ringtone Murder", We Rollin" and "Dear Hip-Hop".. the album got it's share of wack tracks as well but the album is almost 80 minutes so you could easily take out 10 banging tracks and have a real good LP.

I think this is on the same level as "G.O.A.T." and i'd also give it a 7/10.. . can y'all believe that HipHopDX gave this LP 1/10 rating (note that "Tood Smith" got 5/10) - fucking idiots!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

I'll pass on this album. LL is soft now to me. His first single Baby from this album and his last 3 albums has proved to me that he's soft and that's a shame considering the classic albums he did back in the day.

^^ CJ, I'm hearing you I thought the exact same thing cuz his last albums were EXTREMLY weak but on a couple joints on here it's like it's the early '90s all over again. he even got Marley Marl dropping a beat on there; at least check out "It's Time For War", "You Better Watch Me", "Ringtone Murder", "We Rollin" and "Rocking With The GOAT".

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^^ CJ, I'm hearing you I thought the exact same thing cuz his last albums were EXTREMLY weak but on a couple joints on here it's like it's the early '90s all over again. he even got Marley Marl dropping a beat on there; at least check out "It's Time For War", "You Better Watch Me", "Ringtone Murder", "We Rollin" and "Rocking With The GOAT".
    yeah i like those tracks

-

Alright Claaa7 i'll take your word for it and i'll check out his album but i'm gonna have my friend burn it for me instead of buying it LOL.

^^ lol no doubt; there is no chance of me buying this as a full price CD.. maybe if i find it in a stores in a couple years time real cheap or used or something.

It would be a real nice album if he cut these club & love songs, but thats LL Cool J for us. A few gems, but TOO many skips tracks. Mr. President is growing on me.

Top 5: It’s Time For War, You Better Watch Me, This Is Ring Tone M…, We Rollin’, Dear Hip Hop

Grade: (2.5/5) C

-

Wack album. I got it from the library a few weeks ago and i only liked about 3 songs. His lyrics are still good but he has too many soft songs and i wasn't feeling most of the beats.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Definitely better than "Todd Smith", but still stands firmly as second wackest LL album to me. CJ put it well.

Marley's joint was biggest disappointment.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

-

What you think is his first wack album? I think his albums that are wack is Phenomenon, Ten, The Definition, Todd Smith, Exit 13. I don't understand LL. It's no excuse for him to be making wack shit like those albums i mentioned. He's a great mc and he's made plenty of hardcore songs. I don't understand why he'd rather do soft songs than hard songs now. Everybody on here knows he's capable of making good albums like he did back in the day but he continues to make wack shit the last 6 years. I hope Exit 13 is his last album because he's wasting his time continuing to make albums that are wack and then he gets pissed off when other artists sell more records than him. Remember when he got mad that Jessica Simpson's album sold more than Exit 13 the first week it came out? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Then he got mad at Jay-Z when Todd Smith album didn't sell. It's not Jay-Z's fault that wack album didn't sell. Ain't nobody trying to hear wack music from him especially when that album has a bunch of r&b singers, Juelz Santana, Freeway on it LOL.

^^ yeah it's true that he's been doing way too little NY hardcore music since G.O.A.T. but at least "Exit 13" is the best since then imo.. and one can't really blame LL for making soft songs because that was one half of his image all the way from the start in 1985.

-

Yeah a lot of people slept on GOAT album. He got a lot of hard songs on there. Only thing i don't like about LL and Big Daddy Kane is their love songs. If they hadn't done love songs, i would like them more because both of them are lyrically great. Big Daddy Kane got soft for a minute after Long Live The Kane album. LOL@his album titles that have something to do with chocolate and darkness hahahahahahahahahaha. Remember his album titles Taste Of Chocolate and Prince Of Darkness? LOL. Prince Of Darkness album was real soft. He came back hard with Daddy's Home and Looks Like A Job For albums. It's A Big Daddy Thing album was kinda soft.

^^ yeah definitely agree with you there on both accounts.. LL is easily best when he does the hardcore joints, "Mama Said Knock You Out" is a fucking beast to this day.