Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Copying Wu

I agree & disagree i run through the audio section I see shark bigting & alot of dick riderz how ever i do hear talent with both spitting & beats more with the beats doe
    but listen niggaz is fanz, so kidz is like artist being molded by the moment, I am from where wu from, grew up in stapleton/parkhill I would spit on sum wu/gravedigga/method man influence shit back in the day but I develop my own sound, my own style

tho i dont condone bitting, bitting is wack however it's like bitting is the shit to do these days niggaz in the industry doing it kids is doing it, niggaz iz bitting jayz/fitty/weezy/2pac and more on streets its crazy so i do understand ya point & i do agree however sum these kidz up in here are still growing having found there own idenity & even if they stuck on that shit so what let them live if thats what they want to do, niggaz will sound the same just look out 4 the niggaz that sound different

Rap is so broad there is so many different catagories of rap niggaz is gonna get in where they fit in, me I'm mo ol skool i want to break out the gate with something fresh & create my own following but i anit knocking no one what ever makes you happy if you bite it's just gonna make the other kidz shine

Quote Originally Posted by D-Infinite View Post
    Actually TSA, Lords Of The Lo-Fi and that image is actually all about freestyling beats on the Roland SP-303 or SP-404 hardware.

Criticize all you want, but a few of the producers and MC's who have done the whole kungfu steez have ended up affiliated with the Wu. Cilva is the main example...is he a biter? White Lotus from Myspace does all Kungfu stuff, and he is affiliated with Beretta 9, Holocaust, Kevlaar, Lost Children Of Babylon, etc.

Maybe they are doing a certain type of music, to tap into a certain fanbase, and affiliate themselves with a certain group? At least they ain't out there bragging that they are part of Wu like those main Future Chamber cats.

It is a bit stupid to think that EVERYONE talking about 5% and all that is biting. Maybe if they were hollering that they are part of Wu, yeah then it biting...but otherwise...

Infinity is a dope dude, i respect his opinion, he has been on the site long enough to know what the deal is in there...he knows the Audio Booth...there is a bit too much of a kungfu influence but most MCs and Producers on there are expanding beyond that, Lord Zero & Majin Den are on an anime vibe, Sleep Sinatra, Varan, Complex, Devamps & Black Sunn have gritty NY vibes, i'm preparing a move into political hiphop...some of them just use the kungfu steez as a theme that they find enjoyable...and mad respect to that!

It's not your place to open your mouth mate...so how about keeping your head in Gen Chat where it belongs....
    here's the funny part.
    sleep sinatra is from ungritty nebraska like me

everyone you listed are style biters, and maybe they shouldn't be trying to tap wus established empire and instead making their own legacy instead of being dick riding faggots with shitty looped beats and voice samples

you sound like a dickrider exposed. if you have a music page please post it so i can see if you dickride hard has my spider senses and the neediness of your post indicates.

i bet anything you bite wu's dick.

kungfu is wutangs thing, get off his dills, it's pathetic..you mean to tell me you have nothing unique to offer in life?

anyone talking about 5% on wutangcorp.com is biting wu
    shut up and quit trying to be 'rational' or whatever about it, cause you and i know they didn't hear all that divine equality zig snack zig mumbo jumbo on c-span lol

that shit is something they heard wutang say, and thought it was cool cause wutang is cool so they said it too

MOST OF THEM AREN'T EVEN BLaCK

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    graveyard shifter
    is the shit, as is Skampoe, but still.

"Dawnin' On A New Day..." AK Spray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pmack215 View Post
    ^^^^^ and who is that in the pic??????

that's Graveyard. One dope ass motherfucker. And a vet here.

PEACE

Yeah, ive been saying this for a while

Its all that Kung Fu shit thats REALLY played out now though. Even the Wu themselves dont use it. All this swords, chopping off heads, dragons is REALLY gay and cheesy, and it was my only problem with Cilvaringz I.

People try to sound overly serious saying all this kung fu shit, and i literally cringe when i hear it

The chessiness is unparalleled

Tsa, I hear what your saying to a degree, but does that mean that anybody who makes a hip hop beat using music samples of any genre are biting Cool Herc and I couldn't tell you who was the first to sample any form of media into there beats but does "The offical adventures of .......Flash" ring any bells and that was long before Rza started doing it. I don't think people should base there whole shit round it personaly and peeps should try and do there own thing, but theres no harm in paying homage to the pioneers to a degree be they wu-tang or anyone else!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    I kind of agree.

Went there a couple of times and apart from Skampoe, I don't see much talent there.

Sorry.
    Peep my beats ^^ myspace.com/sleepy_4ever "WU" is a tribute beat to the wu tang but not been getting alot of love... noone posts any feedback yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Luz7533 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he just said drop the Kung Fu shit. You're not in any Chamber. Shaolin is thousands of miles away and you've never seen it. Swords died out circa 1800.

no, he whinged about every aspect of the music people make & post in the audio section, from the beats to the rhymes to the kung fu shit....

besides, Shaolin is further from Staten Island than it is England, & Rza & them had never seen it when they first did the shit, plus me personally, i never did that shit like they did it, i mean i sampled the music from from some kung fu flicks and once or twice i sampled some dialogue and made it into a hook, but thats about it

Last edited by DEVAMPS; 09-23-2008 at 10:46 AM.

I hope you put me in that fucking one percent TSA.

Originality is key in any song or beat making.

My songs range from horrorcore to more personal songs on a soul influenced beat. I dont have a catalogue of over 115 songs for no reason. one has to expand above any artist that was an influence and craft there own style.

and if you do for some reason claim that I dont rock an original style...browse my music and recognize.

Caught up with the sky
    Shot at God.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Notik View Post
    I hope you put me in that fucking one percent TSA.

Originality is key in any song or beat making.

My songs range from horrorcore to more personal songs on a soul influenced beat. I dont have a catalogue of over 115 songs for no reason. one has to expand above any artist that was an influence and craft there own style.

and if you do for some reason claim that I dont rock an original style...browse my music and recognize.

i think that TSA didn't name anybody in particular, so ur 'excuse' is not needed.

but i agree with everybody here, there's 2 many emcees/beatmakers that are biting.

being influenced is not equal to biting.

Excuse?

are you saying i'm trying to excuse myself from copying a style?

Caught up with the sky
    Shot at God.

if the fact that these artists sound like other artists is that big an issue for you then dont check for them.

every artist has influences, artist who inspired their approach to making music. certainly it will benefit these artists in the long run to develop their own musical identities but as long as what they put out is quality then its all good.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

early on ill admit i was guilty of tryna sound like wu..but i was 12 and all i knew was wu..i developed as an artist since then im 20 now and i dont think i sound like wu at all so im happy with my current place..but i do agree alot of dudes in audio section sound just like low grade killa bees..i remember back before the crash the audio section had alot of ill talent that never came back to post after the site came back up..spheres of the mind, unnatural thoughtz, etc....theres still dudes there who do the shit with their own style..i dont check the shit out much anymore cuz it all sounds very similiar to me..but whatever works for that person i guess, just do you i suppose

AIM = mbatLyricipher
    www.myspace.com/lyricipher

Quote Originally Posted by H.Notik View Post
    Excuse?

are you saying i'm trying to excuse myself from copying a style?

no, no. u started with some kind of explaining, which is not necessary.

i didn't say nothing against u. it's all kool