Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ask me about movies

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    and this:

ahhh yes I will do both of these

Banned

Hi, Mom....by Brian DePalma starring Robert DeNiro.

Michael Clayton

Michael Clayton (George Clooney) is an attorney known as The Fixer who is hired to keep the lid on one of their own lawyers (Tom Wilkenson) who has gone off the deep end and threatens to expose one of their shocking secrets and disrupt a large merger.

The Good

The Acting. George Clooney is excellent, Tilda Swinton's character is so well developed, you simply have to hate her, and Tom Wilkenson deserves an Oscar for his performance.

The plot. There are so many little subplots throughout that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. It is really quite satisfying when you realize what it all means on the whole scale.

The End. The climax between Swinton and Clooney is so in your face and strong, Swinton can actually be seen visibly shaking. "Are you so fucking blind that you can't see what I am?"

The Bad

The score. almost non-existent, music is not the strong point of this film anyway.

Swinton. I'm putting this in the bad, because the scene where Tilda Swinton is reciting her meeting lines in her hotel room is very aggravating, but is also a large part of the reason why her character is so hated by me. It's actually quite subtle and brilliant....oh, and can we please never see her with her shirt off again?

Overall

Action junkies and sci-fi geeks will not appreciate this movie. It is a drama for people that like dramas. Philosophy and psychology play big parts in understanding the characters and why it is they do what they do. One viewing is simply not enough to understand it all.

3 Stars

'Section 9'

Thanks for the 2 reviews I requested.

But I'm really interested in your take on my fav movie:

The Usual Suspects

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Michael Clayton

Michael Clayton (George Clooney) is an attorney known as The Fixer who is hired to keep the lid on one of their own lawyers (Tom Wilkenson) who has gone off the deep end and threatens to expose one of their shocking secrets and disrupt a large merger.

The Good

The Acting. George Clooney is excellent, Tilda Swinton's character is so well developed, you simply have to hate her, and Tom Wilkenson deserves an Oscar for his performance.

The plot. There are so many little subplots throughout that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. It is really quite satisfying when you realize what it all means on the whole scale.

The End. The climax between Swinton and Clooney is so in your face and strong, Swinton can actually be seen visibly shaking. "Are you so fucking blind that you can't see what I am?"

The Bad

The score. almost non-existent, music is not the strong point of this film anyway.

Swinton. I'm putting this in the bad, because the scene where Tilda Swinton is reciting her meeting lines in her hotel room is very aggravating, but is also a large part of the reason why her character is so hated by me. It's actually quite subtle and brilliant....oh, and can we please never see her with her shirt off again?

Overall

Action junkies and sci-fi geeks will not appreciate this movie. It is a drama for people that like dramas. Philosophy and psychology play big parts in understanding the characters and why it is they do what they do. One viewing is simply not enough to understand it all.

3 Stars
    Solid review

I dont kno if it was because I took Vicodin before I watched it, but I really enjoyed the movie

Oldboy

A story so original and compelling, with characters so well drawn and interesting, I saw this movie four times in one day. Oh Dae Su is imprisoned in a cell for 15 years and upon his release he is given clues to find and seek revenge upon his captor in 5 days.

The Good

The plot. It moves around so much you are never really sure where the story will take you next. The first time you watch it is like a dream, or nightmare as the case may be.

The Action. The infamous hallway scene is one of the greatest action sequences of all time.

The Violence. Over the top and original. It shocks you.

The payoff. I won't get into detail for fear of ruining it, but let's just say it is amazing. One of the greatest movie endings ever.

The Bad

Lost in translation. I hate the dub over so I refuse to watch it, but reading the subtitles you get the sense that not everything is translated properly.

Overall

One of the 5 greatest foreign films of all time and one of the Top 100 films overall in history. Nothing in this movie disappoints, although it is not for the squeamish.

4 Stars
    Last edited by brock; 09-23-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Hi, Mom....by Brian DePalma starring Robert DeNiro.
    sorry, this one I avoided, perhaps another Deniro flick?, I'm doing the Good Shepard soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    Thanks for the 2 reviews I requested.

But I'm really interested in your take on my fav movie:

The Usual Suspects
    will do

Banned

ok........Good Will Hunting. i just saw it for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    ok........Good Will Hunting. i just saw it for the first time.
    excellent

by tomorrow I will do the reviews for

The Usual Suspects
    The Good Shepard
    Good Will Hunting

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

This strictly films...

Meaning would you include Animes/Animated films brock ?

The Machinist
    The Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by whers View Post
    This strictly films...

Meaning would you include Animes/Animated films brock ?

The Machinist
    The Prestige
    I will do the prestige, I can do any movies I've seen, this won't include many anime films, but I've seen a lot of animated flicks.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Hook us up with a review of 'The Audition' when u get to it

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Hook us up with a review of 'The Audition' when u get to it
    If you are talking about the Korean flick "Audition" I will gladly add it to the list.

Transformers the movie (1986)
    Bronx Tale
    Coffy
    Foxy Brown

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Banned

BRONX TALE

Sonny had five finga's, but he only used tree