View Poll Results: Who's the better rapper overall?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Pun

55 73.33%
  • Immortal Technique

20 26.67%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: So it turns out Immortal Tech being better then Pun

Another dead rapper over rated - FACT

Pun is a dime a dozen styled rapper. His topics do not range, he can just flow. There is NOTHING special about him at all.

The fact people say "IM woudlzzz saay by=pun uis betteraasa!!!" is ridiculous, of course he would, Pun's a legend (Cause he's dead).

Want multi-syllable slaughter with ill punchlines? Big L>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Big Pun

One album doesn't make a career, and IT has been getting so much iller.

PS: the "backpack" stuff is just getting plain hillarious, people hating on IT cause he's "backpack" have absolutely no fucking clue at all.

Teachin Da SeedZ

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

However.. the only Latin emcee that would give Pun a seriously hard time with the lyrics is Chino XL if they collabo'd
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    is a widely held opinion on here?

LOL.

whatever. Bad taste in music is bad taste in music. On top of that WOW.

wwwwooooowwwwwww...

WOW.

why though? cause he says stuff that goes against conventional wisdom so that ppl that have been rejected by coventional society can think he's spitting knowledge when he has spend 3 albums talking about slaves and george bush.

yes. a man has gone 3 albums not only talking about the same subject, but in the same mood with similar sounding beats.

meanwhile bigpun has proven his ability to lyrically destroy any rapper you put against him, an unprecidented wordplay,and unprecidented methphors WHILE using that wordplay, legendary beats, classic albums, and platnium success in his life time all while being very raw, very real and going against the odds by being a fuckn 450 pound latino.

geeks.
    On a side note - You genuinely have the worst taste in music on here.

You hate when you don't even listen to the people. "Mistakes" is dissing George Bush? Uh, yeah!

The "geeks" call is the funniest after 10,000 posts and crawling other websites to come back to another and "diss" a person on there. Nigga you are the definition of geek - No hate, just accept it. You're a black dude who lives in whitey land and wears scarves.

Teachin Da SeedZ

Big Pun took syllables and metaphors to a bar that has YET to be reached..
    He's not just putting together a bunch of clever million-dollar words and going around, claiming he'll smash anyone on a record.. he actually backed it up..

Listen to his verse on {Fire Water].. listen to Beware or My Turn.. those verses (as well as all of his others) were multi'd-out but made sense in the process and he placed a vision in your head that he saw in the process of generating those words together.. Like, Pun took lyricism to a level nobody has reached yet.. NOBODY!!

Canibus is one of the nicest EVER, but sometimes he says things that just riddle you and don't come back to reality for the average brain. Sometimes, he goes over heads and people just think he uses a bunch of words to sound clever, him and Pun put their phrases and lines together, WISELY!!

To say the least, PUN shits on 99% of your favorite emcees, dead and alive.. and thats no disrespect..
    Last edited by The Prime Sithesizah; 09-30-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
    Big Pun took syllables and metaphors to a bar that has YET to be reached..
    He's not just putting together a bunch of clever million-dollar words and going around, claiming he'll smash anyone on a record.. he actually backed it up..

Listen to his verse on {Fire Water].. listen to Beware or My Turn.. those verses (as well as all of his others) were multi'd-out but made sense in the process and he placed a vision in your head that he saw in the process of generating those words together.. Like, Pun took lyricism to a level nobody has reached yet.. NOBODY!!

Canibus is one of the nicest EVER, but sometimes he says things that just riddle you and don't come back to reality for the average brain. Sometimes, he goes over heads and people just think he uses a bunch of words to sound clever, him and Pun put their phrases and lines together, WISELY!!

To say the least, PUN shits on 99% of your favorite emcees, dead and alive.. and thats no disrespect..

See? Dead niggas get over rated.

Rakim is better with the syllables then Pun, even Eminem is better with the syllables then Pun. Fact.

Teachin Da SeedZ

Conclude this thread, PUN is beyond centuries nicer than I.T. Plain and simple, no dis!

Quote Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post

Rakim is better with the syllables then Pun, even Eminem is better with the syllables then Pun. Fact.
    Eminem looks up to Big Pun, he was on a Top 25 Countdown of his when he said that. But I'll let you believe your belief, can't dispute it anymore.. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
    Eminem looks up to Big Pun, he was on a Top 25 Countdown of his when he said that. But I'll let you believe your belief, can't dispute it anymore.. lol..
    Uh, so?

He looks up to him and that means...? That doesn't mean he's not better, it just means Pun inspired him and once upon a time was at the top of the game. Times change.

Listen to;

I'm not a fan of Eminem, and I'm at work so havent even LISTENED to that, but I'll guarantee he murders the syllables like no one else ever had.

PS: Syllables mean fuck all. MC'ing has A LOT to do with how you spit, in delivery IT wins hands down. Topic choice? IT can do what Pun does then some.

Pun is a dime a dozen "im the illest" rapper, he's just fucking good at it.

Again, Big L>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pun

Teachin Da SeedZ

BEHIND SECTION 9 CATHEDRAL'S STAINED GLASS

yo kool g rap "the streets" is nicer than any pun song

I mean click on my sig and hear people rip it up like Pun can, and thats when Planet Asia was fucking young.

Thats not very hard to do, thats just making words rhyme.

There's a reason we call them MC'S and not RAPPERS. Work that out and you can climb razah's ladder. Schools over little nuccas.

Teachin Da SeedZ

I mean click on my sig and hear people rip it up like Pun can, and thats when Planet Asia was fucking young.

Thats not very hard to do, thats just making words rhyme.

There's a reason we call them MC'S and not RAPPERS. Work that out and you can climb razah's ladder. Schools over little nuccas.
    That's what you'll never get about Big Pun...His multis weren't just random words that rhymed...They actually had a meaning behind them and he was able to make sense of them...while delivering those verses in amazing ways.

That's what makes him so great...He isn't considered great because he's dead.

And stop with the comparisons with Big L, Kool G Rap, Eminem, and Rakim...This shit is about Immortal Technique vs. Pun...Bringing up some of the greatest rappers of all time and saying they're better than Pun is pointless.
    Last edited by Rode Block; 09-30-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
    That's what you'll never get about Big Pun...His multis weren't just random words that rhymed...They actually had a meaning behind them and he was able to make sense of them...while delivering those verses in amazing ways.

That's what makes him so great...He isn't considered great because he's dead.
    I know he's great, would never say anything else, dudes a legend, but legends are built from reputation over time as much as ability. A NFl, soccer, AFL or any sport legend from the 30's won't be as good as those now, but he's a fucking legend still.

Check the songs I posted? I could post another 5,000, just check Rakim, Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane's catalogue. Also, the "meaning behind them" argument when comparing Immortal Technique and Pun is kinda pointless, not many MC's have more meaning behind their words then Technique.

Also want it known I don't always agree with Immortal Technique's conspiracy theories, but it makes you think.

Teachin Da SeedZ

Quote Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
    And stop with the comparisons with Big L, Kool G Rap, Eminem, and Rakim...This shit is about Immortal Technique vs. Pun...Bringing up some of the greatest rappers of all time and saying they're better than Pun is pointless.
    Did you see why they weren't brought up? Cause apparently no one is as ill as him with the multies...

Uh, yeah...

Teachin Da SeedZ

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Eminem is better with the syllables then Pun. Fact.
    Yes.

It's all down to the listener...I love both of them.
    But for me...Technique is fucking on some next shit.
    His content, delivery and anger is off the scale.
    And people who don't hink he has "Mic Skills" obviously haven't done their homework.

Yes Pun's flow was ballistic and he snorted when he spat
    He literally jooked beats with his rapid tongue...this is my favourite Pun track :

But I wouldn't say I feel that anymore than when Technique spits.

"Remember The System Can Never Stop Whats Been Set Into Motion
    Like Volcanic Erruptions On The Floor Of The Ocean
    My Purpose Is To Burst In The Surface
    Emerced In The Smoldering Lava From Verses
    Surronded By Murder Mami's Not Bitches Thats Worthless"

Technique is a great Emcee...

Hate all you want.
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 09-30-2008 at 08:50 PM.