Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Writer meets The Director (stream and limited free download) PLEASE STICKY

DrunkenMasta303

i bumped that States of Mind trakk like 5 times in a row, shits FIIRE !!

From the start of the intro you can tell there is a different kind of vibe to this album. Not the same ol same ol. One Day sets the tone for the whole project. Very smooth, listenable sound and solid mix. "I turn tables like vinyl and prove you can't stick me." Prime's productions sound like a classic jazz record that you can rap over. The drums and melodies mesh so well you can't really tell they aren't from the same source. The lines you drop on Deli Discussions are heavy and a lot of people will miss them. No question these are some of the best rhymes you've written to date. On Green Roses I feel like the vocals need some doubling type of effect on em because they get a little engulfed by the beat but just barely. The flow has a contemplative vibe that you can tell a lot of thought went into it. "Simon Says we're losin when the mindless start drivin the bandwagon." Man you are dropping serious lyrics everywhere on this. "A murder machine that moves with no purpose it seems, I blown circuits between the underground and the surface when seen." Blowin me away with lines like this. Live and Direct I wasn't feelin thought this was one of the weaker beats and the rhymes were solid.

The Chorus on State of Mind has anthem type feel. Serious beat from Prime I actually like the changeup better than the main sequence but great track. "Tryin to find a balance with design and talent." "They say I'm a beast so lift the cages." Quotables all over the place eventhough you deliver it in a very smooth style. Prime switches the beat seamlessly. Remember the Avenue is probably the illest on the album classic sound and you ripped it also the tempo adds energy. This cut takes me on a journey. Boquets with a little narrative structure on it. One of the criticisms I'd have is that sometimes it sounds like you're going into a clear story then it breaks up but that may just be your style of writing so its cool. Classic break on Believe It. Mouse with a little battle flow on this I'm feelin it. Although I have mixed feelings on the Incarcerated Scarfaces break. "Give me the open mic I'm ready for action, I'm on stage, on point choosing machetes attackin." Ill lyrics.

A well known rapper dropped a line "My first album had no guest appearances...What's the outcome? I'm crowned the best lyricist." I can't yet say "Mouse is the greatest but he's damn good." Real artistry and skill on display right here. Props on the length of the project. Just long enough that it doesn't get tiring listening to it. You do a great job of just rockin the mic with a relaxed flow. No gimmicks really and you sound comfortable on each beat. Prime lays the beats down smooth. This album has style for days no major drawbacks to putting this in your system at all. Not to only say good things even though its 90% solid the weakpoints I would say are the vocals, they could be clearer on some and on 1 or 2 they were higher and some lower. The second thing I'd say would obviously be the style of the project its so smooth that people who like harder stuff may be turned off. But overall very minor issues. Smooth beats intelligent rhymes and a consistent sound. This is such a tight package it deserves to get pressed. I think that once you find your audience you'll be set. Looking forward to more from the Phantastic 2. Props.
    Last edited by GameOfDeath; 10-04-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Big up to ma boy Mouse..
    https://www.youtube.com/xiliesfwnesofficial

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GameOfDeath View Post
    From the start of the intro you can tell there is a different kind of vibe to this album. Not the same ol same ol. One Day sets the tone for the whole project. Very smooth, listenable sound and solid mix. "I turn tables like vinyl and prove you can't stick me." Prime's productions sound like a classic jazz record that you can rap over. The drums and melodies mesh so well you can't really tell they aren't from the same source. The lines you drop on Deli Discussions are heavy and a lot of people will miss them. No question these are some of the best rhymes you've written to date. On Green Roses I feel like the vocals need some doubling type of effect on em because they get a little engulfed by the beat but just barely. The flow has a contemplative vibe that you can tell a lot of thought went into it. "Simon Says we're losin when the mindless start drivin the bandwagon." Man you are dropping serious lyrics everywhere on this. "A murder machine that moves with no purpose it seems, I blown circuits between the underground and the surface when seen." Blowin me away with lines like this. Live and Direct I wasn't feelin thought this was one of the weaker beats and the rhymes were solid.

The Chorus on State of Mind has anthem type feel. Serious beat from Prime I actually like the changeup better than the main sequence but great track. "Tryin to find a balance with design and talent." "They say I'm a beast so lift the cages." Quotables all over the place eventhough you deliver it in a very smooth style. Prime switches the beat seamlessly. Remember the Avenue is probably the illest on the album classic sound and you ripped it also the tempo adds energy. This cut takes me on a journey. Boquets with a little narrative structure on it. One of the criticisms I'd have is that sometimes it sounds like you're going into a clear story then it breaks up but that may just be your style of writing so its cool. Classic break on Believe It. Mouse with a little battle flow on this I'm feelin it. Although I have mixed feelings on the Incarcerated Scarfaces break. "Give me the open mic I'm ready for action, I'm on stage, on point choosing machetes attackin." Ill lyrics.

A well known rapper dropped a line "My first album had no guest appearances...What's the outcome? I'm crowned the best lyricist." I can't yet say "Mouse is the greatest but he's damn good." Real artistry and skill on display right here. Props on the length of the project. Just long enough that it doesn't get tiring listening to it. You do a great job of just rockin the mic with a relaxed flow. No gimmicks really and you sound comfortable on each beat. Prime lays the beats down smooth. This album has style for days no major drawbacks to putting this in your system at all. Not to only say good things even though its 90% solid the weakpoints I would say are the vocals, they could be clearer on some and on 1 or 2 they were higher and some lower. The second thing I'd say would obviously be the style of the project its so smooth that people who like harder stuff may be turned off. But overall very minor issues. Smooth beats intelligent rhymes and a consistent sound. This is such a tight package it deserves to get pressed. I think that once you find your audience you'll be set. Looking forward to more from the Phantastic 2. Props.
    Sick review Game!!! You pretty much picked out all the best quotables... Mouse was on fire on the mic!!! I am really really impressed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1) One Day at a Time: I think this was the first single...smooth all the way though. Mouse killed this one.

Beat: 4.5/5 -- Lyrics: 5/5

2) Deli Descusions: One of the best joints on the album. Love the Jazzy feel... Mouse killed that hook. That my favorite part.

Beat: 4/5 -- Lyrics 5/5

3) Green Roses: Not feeling this beat to much, but throughout this brief track by track review I will stress how impressed at Mouses lyrics I am... He saved this one for me. "Writting the iron horse, I paid the cost, emcees crossing the track and get hit by my train of thought." DOPENESS!!!

Beat: 3/5 -- Lyrics 5/5

4) Live and Direct: This is my 3rd favorite track on the album... The hook is ill, rhymes are tight... "so bring the ruckus, I take a mic and I use it.... The way you set that off on the second verse was dope. The beat to me was ill, love the trumpet that comes in from time to time... especially the break.

Beat: 4.5/5 -- Lyrics 4.5/5

States of Mind: WOW this beat sounds like a back in the day RZA beat so much at the beginning that I though you jocked one of his beats lol...But then you switched it up and gave it your jazz touch. I am feelin this joint a lot too. The hook is nice... NY State of Mind is a classic track. "15 minutes of fame, at 11 45...you wont make the party cinderella/ he coaches the pumkin head and I am smashing a .... bitch , now they asking me if the shoe fits...and identity crisis..." Crazy !!! 2nd

Beat: 5/5 -- 5/5

We all Dream: This one is ehhhh. I dont hate it though... just doesnt make me want to go back and listen... I think the guittar riff on the beat is a little off.

Beat: 3/5 -- Lyrics: 4/5

REMEMBER THE AVENUE: WOW!!!! Def one of the all time gems ever dropped on Wu-corp since I ve been here. The scratching at the beggining sets it off, then that ill sample drops... "Right now I am still puzzled, so they call me a misfit" haha. I love the hook too. Everything about this is so fresh. You got some ill shit for somebody so young.

Beat: 5/5 -- Lyrics: 5/5

Boquets: This one is another one of those so so's... I dont like the beat, but I like the concept of the track a lot... Mouse saved this joint again with the lyrism...

Beat: 3.5/5 -- Lyrics: 4.5/5

Believe It: Nice ending track... Solid shit through out.... I liek the ending... "Its crazy... Ridiculous...Whatever..." he he.

Beat: 4/5 -- Lyrics: 4/5

Overall:

Beats: 4.1/5

Lyrics: 4.6/5

Great job fellahz!!! Thanks for listens in the last couple of day... Looking foward to more dopeness.

Peace
    Last edited by 12weLvE; 10-05-2008 at 02:53 PM.

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

thanks for the review man the line really in depth and i appreciate that, btw on States of Mind is really
    "15 minutes of fame at eleven forty five, you won't make the afterparty Cinderella/ your coach is a pumpkin head i'm SMASHING HIM, who's bitch?, now they asking me if the shoe fits lol
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

Quote Originally Posted by White_Mouse View Post
    thanks for the review man the line really in depth and i appreciate that, btw on States of Mind is really
    "15 minutes of fame at eleven forty five, you won't make the afterparty Cinderella/ your coach is a pumpkin head i'm SMASHING HIM, who's bitch?, now they asking me if the shoe fits lol
    I screwed it up a bit lol. That was hot though.

Default Go

pretty nice overall
    ________
    Yamaha RZ350
    Last edited by moose36; 01-27-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

WOW @ the feedback.. lol

Appreciate the love and support, definitely!!

Next project is in the works...
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Let music be your master Socrates's Avatar

I did a quick listen of all of ur tracks and I'm really feelin ur music. Keep it up.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

Veteran Member

It has that abstract vibe, good to hear something different the drum breaks gives it that old school feel good job Prime/Mouse I wasn't expecting to hear something like this on this forum .... Mouse ill lyrics your style reminds me of Blu..
    Last edited by 360beatz; 10-07-2008 at 02:42 AM.

This was ill up and down to me, GOD and Chek already came with the detailed reviews and I more or less agree with them about the few minor weaknesses. Mouse def got a wide open future, hard to categorize him as an MC and thats always good, plus Prime is really out there on his own shit...G.O.D. said it perfect "sounds like classic jazz records you can rhyme over"...Mouse's wordplay is def on some next shit, really clever concepts. Best of luck going forward guys, I know ya'll got a lot in store for Hip Hop. PEACE

My personal fav is Remember the Avenue...

Right then! this took me a bit of getting used to beat wise cos is very different but after a few listens I found it very very good!! The whole album is dope and I would be happy to pay for it if I'm honest. My only one complaint is a minor one and that is mic presence, its not bad but I do feel you get lost in the mix sometimes which is a shame when your lyrics are far beyond your years, the two tracks where this wasnt such an issue was "remeber the avenue" and "Believe it" which were the two stand out tracks because of this!! I think the tempo and audio range of those two tracks suited you 100% and IMO were the best of a great bunch!!

Best of luck to the both of you with this its an amazing piece of work 9/10

Regards

7th lol!!

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

Appreciate the feedback and support..
    Last edited by The Prime Sithesizah; 10-09-2008 at 11:23 AM.
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Dope shit, Remember The Ave is that jam...
    Last edited by Sinapse; 10-09-2008 at 12:12 PM.