Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Johnny "J" Commits Suicide

Default BREAKING NEWS: Johnny "J" Commits Suicide

Johnny Jackson, better-known in the music industry and in hip hop circles as Johnny "J", a multi-platinum songwriter, music producer & former rapper, committed suicide in the LA County jail Oct. 3rd.

The hip hop producer who is perhaps best known for his production on Tupac Shakur's (2Pac) albums All Eyez on Me and Me Against the World was born in Juárez, Mexico, in 1969 and raised in South Central Los Angeles by his adopted parents whom his father Is African American and his mother is Mexican-American.

Johnny "J" ran Klock Work Entertainment and had worked with many hip hop, rap and R&B artists over his career.

The hip hop producer Johnny “J" also helped hip hop rapper Candyman become the first hip hop rapper On Epic Records to go platinum with his work on the classic track Knockin' Boots.

Early reports are that the hip hop notable jumped off a tier in the jail causing his death the night of Oct. 3rd. He was in the county jail on a dui charge.

Johnny leaves his wife and 2 children.

RIP Johnny “J". You and 2Pac are again together again. Thanks for all the music.
    http://thuglifearmy.com/news/?id=4519

I didn't know he was locked up. And I hope this isn't true. If it is, rest in paradise Johnny "J".

The HighMindedLowLife SilvaFistz's Avatar

Holy Shit This is Fucking Crazy!! I didnt know he was locked up either. me being from the El Paso/Juarez area always saw him as someone that made it out of here to bigger and better things. And Now He's dead......wow! Rest In Peace Johnny J may U and Pac keep making music in heaven