Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready To Die....overrated

Im in the process of proving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    Some people need to separate music and the things behinds the music.

If music sounds bad, it is bad.

If an mc has bad lyrics and delivery , they are bad.

Their intentions are irrelevant.

Some people don't think it's enough to talk about music, hence they introduce various irrelevant pieces of misinformation.
    eh. for rock and roll or something that makes sense. But the nature of hip hop since day one was interactive and competitive. You look at things like The Bridge is Over by KRS and realize that no other genre can have a moment like that because the nature of the whole thing is different.

Context and competition is important in listening to a hip hop song, if you haven't been paying attention to it i suggest doing so cause it's more of a political community then any other genre, and that double the quality of songs and characters.

Again, i'd suggest paying attention to them, things will sound doper once you get it. This is why i have a hard time getting into irrelevant rappers, and not just me, anyone else.

they're cool, but im watching one of the most epic movies in history and they're not in it.

Leaving them as just guys trying to say clever things over imitation wutang beats when the most clever things have been said and the best wutang beats have been done.

irrelevant. alot of ppl feel the same

SOO YAA WANNA BEEE HARDDCCOOORREEeeeeEEEE

Biggie spits a quoteable for everyone of your favorite rappers average lines

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post

What the fuck are you talking about?

I mean, all the time.

What the fuck are you talking about ever.

12/4 Rawness to Commercialness?

Why should there be any commercialness?

Make music fuckwits.
    ok then,. you like rappers to sound 16/0.
    im more so 11/5

not knowing that im talking about when it's been presented VERY clearly and rather unargueably is not an insult at me...

Rather 'unargueably' ay?

Yeah, arguing with someones opinion would be IMPOSSIBLE right?

Is that 'unargueable' do you think?

Cool.

Shut the fuck up then.

i sense anger in that last post.

im talking about real live things.

biggie left a giant void
    biggie was the most popular artist when he was alive
    ready to die brought attention in hip hop the the east as opposed to the west
    ready to die is more personal honest and real then anything hip hop album (being a stressed out suicidal fat fuck up that nobody believes is with a false dishonest exterior is not commonly discussed in hip hop if you haven't noticed)

these are all real things. real things.

(above: there's gonna be alotta sloooowww singinngg, and flower bringing, if my burglar alarm starts ringin)

'Section 9'

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    these are all real things. real things.
    That has nothing to do with the music.

Yeah, i just think maybe this topic is hardly ever brought up and it would be nice to not have the entire discussion of the quality of the album destroyed by numerous irrelevant and self indulgent posts from you.

But i guess, that's too much to ask.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Not overrated at all. Classic sounds to mark the era. People dont understand, Biggie on this album, all the niggas wanted to be him. He was the dream. All the rappers wanted to rap like him. Even all the bitches wanted a piece. He was the sound of the streets though most importantly, wht they wanted.

I also laugh when I hear underground fans rip on Big. So cluelesss on hip hop.

Shizzah, you really have no idea on hip hop, just leave it alone for a while.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    That has nothing to do with the music.

here is what you fail to comprehend, Hip Hop has always been about more than just the music. Theres no such thing as real hip hop and fake hip hop, its all the same.

you guys said biggie was overrated, i negate, you got mad that you couldn't smell the indonesia. Im also trying to increase you music listening quality by showing the importance of context, but whatever. Im gonna post a mixtape that best exemplifies the illness of context.

If you didn't know or care able the context of the song "Black Republicans" it's just a good song with average verses, once i got it i listen to it 21 times in a row.

ONGH!

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

this discussion is going nowhere. If someone doesnt like an artist for whatever reason, than they dont.

You can post the wettest, nastiest tracks ever(which Biggies catalog is full of), and they will still find the smallest error and yet declare the person wack.

Its just how it goes

'Section 9'

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Shizzah, you really have no idea on hip hop, just leave it alone for a while.
    Alrighty, Lil Wayne fan.

OK! here's context in a context that you guys may understand it.

Supreme Clientele and what was happening at the time. Wutang was falling off dramatically, people doubted they can still do it, and empire was crumbling, and starks disappeared to africa for herbals for diabetes, and people thought he pulled a pre-chappelle chappelle

wutang was fucking over. irrelevant. dust. failed.

THEN

Rigth when that beat hits. RIGHT WHEN THAT BEAT HITS. WWWOOOOOWwWwww.
    This went from being a good pattern of words and sounds to the sonic embodiment of when a superhero is fighting an arch villian, then a building collapses on him. And everyone thinks he's dead, the all of a sudden the rubble starts to move, and be busts out intact, and fuckin PISSED.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww SHIT!
    The songs realness just added that feeling you get in the movies when that scene happens. Then to find out they used of Godzilla sample? the video has ghost being as ghost as possible, waving CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS?! GIANT ROBES?! THROWINg CRYSTAL!? and a Mao painting that says WORK?!

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmnnn.
    Last edited by TSA; 10-05-2008 at 11:34 AM.

You don't smoke weed TSA.

So again, shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    starks disappeared to africa for herbals for diabetes, .
    lol, is this true ?

Yeah, RZA spoke about it, i even remember around that time hearing that Ghost has diabetes and i wasn't even into wu. He went to Benin, it's right next to Nigeria (tho there's a Benin in nigeria and they specialize in herbals, so idk if it was the original in nigeria he went to or the actual country Benin). He said thats where he started rapping in his supreme clientele style cause it just came to him.

Now to have someone vanish while his empire crumbles, everyone talking, then comeback stronger then ever, MIGHTY HEALTHY infact...wow.

sidenote: Pat Bateman plays Louis Logic at parties.

and the fact that supreme clientele saved wu?
    and the album starts with Professor Vancao being sent of a mission to destroy starks empire by killing it's guardian ironman

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowww.
    art.

just calling Mighty Healthy, Mighty Healthy turns the song from a good collection of sound patterns to real fucking shit. a high powered fuck you to doubters.

song quality doubles for those that get it.
    Last edited by TSA; 10-05-2008 at 11:41 AM.