• Wack

13 36.11%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: U-GOD - Mr. Excitement REVIEW THREAD

Niggas Against Society Ironman Starks's Avatar

edit: directed toward Vay :P wade

^^^whatever you say

but Uey did what he had to do with this album

if it had more promotion i wouldnt be surprised if it outsold Grandmasters or NSD

and Silverbacks is waaaaay overrated the last 3 Tracks of Grandmasters beats overpower GZA's voice and Clipse Of Doom and Ragu are just crack wont argue that but better than the whole album nahhh

but i got a 1000 watt amp with nice sized sub woofers

put it to you this way when people ride with me they want Xcitement

and dude why dont you realize that people didnt talk about Think Differently because it was trash and people dont ever want to admit that even the almighty "G.O.D." rza/gza can make trashy music

and all the hype of Bronze Nazareth bein remotely like RZA back in 93-97 has no taste in hip hop
    Last edited by Ironman Starks; 04-02-2006 at 08:18 PM.
    "Ghostface, catch the blast of a hype verse
    My glock bursts, leave in a hearse, I did worse"

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    ^^thanks for the laughs man im gonna give you a rep.

and no i dont hate u-god i just hate bad music.
    lol i never said people hate U-God but im just bringin light to the album after how many hate threads were made about it.

Im about to actually get Hillside Scramblers now after listenin to this.

and to add some more "laughs" i personally like Leathafase more than Deck at the moment :P(real talk)

PS. you better give me my rep point

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Ok, I respect your opinion but Mr.Xcitment equal to fishscale? Naw. The album did grow on me a lil' too.
    "FISH TANK SHOES JUMPED OUT THE CADDY"
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

I don't know, I respect all opinions but I don't fuck with Mr. Excitement. Shit is wack as hell to me. I like U-God but I don't like this album at all. The shit is mad corny if you ask me, I think Uey can do better beat-wise and lyrically. I fuck with all the Wu albums that have come out recently more than I fuck with Mr. Excitement except maybe Prodigal Sunn and Streetlife. The album doesn't even compare with either No Said Date or Fishscale as far as I'm concerned cuz it just ain't raw enough. Buts thats my little two cents about that let me quit ramblin on. I am really lookin forward to U-God's next project though. I think his next move might surprise some people. One Love.

PEACE

^^^ to me Fishscale is better due to lyrical content

but i think i have it just too close to give it a simple Fishscale > Mr. Xcitement

i think they are much closer in dopeness than ive given it

i think its like this

Fishscale:

Pros: lyrically dope, plenty of GOOD guest appearances, RAGU

Cons: beats are good but not all of them on the same calibur, 3 Bricks is terrible, Back Like That

Mr. Xcitement:

Pros: "Gully", U-God's flow is impeccable even now, even his singing isnt all that bad compared to the :X turbo charge, Full Album no filler

Cons: bad guest appearances at times, Heart Of Stone might have the worst hook ever, subject matter and lyricism are shakey at times.

overall they are really close but Fishscale is slightly better.

and Think Differently is trash

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman Starks
    edit: directed toward Vay :P wade

^^^whatever you say

but Uey did what he had to do with this album

if it had more promotion i wouldnt be surprised if it outsold Grandmasters or NSD

and Silverbacks is waaaaay overrated the last 3 Tracks of Grandmasters beats overpower GZA's voice and Clipse Of Doom and Ragu are just crack wont argue that but better than the whole album nahhh

but i got a 1000 watt amp with nice sized sub woofers

put it to you this way when people ride with me they want Xcitement

and dude why dont you realize that people didnt talk about Think Differently because it was trash and people dont ever want to admit that even the almighty "G.O.D." rza/gza can make trashy music

and all the hype of Bronze Nazareth bein remotely like RZA back in 93-97 has no taste in hip hop
    yeah i was bein an ass with that, there are tracks like it's a wrap, roll out, drugs, i'm talking to you, hold on and the one about his pops that are solid and compete with anything on those albums. but then tracks like bump, you don't wanna dance, go get pretty like me (Wtf at this song it's just ridiculous) bring the album down alot. maybe you and your peoples feel those types of tracks, i and mine don't. it's all a matter of taste, and honestly i'm glad wu mcs make music that encompasses all of the different styles and tastes in hiphop, something that some people miss when they want everything to be dark chamber shit.

i don't think bronze competes with rza at all, but he definitely makes nice music, the beat on think differently the song is better than anything on u-god's album, sorry.

and i'm a fan of u-god, golden arms is a favorite of mine, and that track wildstyle is a banga, i wish it was on mr excitement.

i'm about to send uey's manager some beats through his myspace page, straight up. i've got some that fit his style and allow him to differentiate himself from his brothers, but not compromise his identity and integrity.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 04-02-2006 at 08:58 PM.

Think Differently is trash
    why tho?

and i fucks with turbo charge, that beat is incredible, i think rza sampled duran duran or boy george or something for that, my pops has the record.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Mr. Xcitement is an ass album but it's catchy I cant lie about that. It's a funny album, I get good laughs listening to it. It's not better than Grandmasters even though those last 3 tracks are wack. Not better than No Said Date even though it's not that hot. The only Wu-Tang Clan Group or Solo album it's better than is Trials and Tribulations Of Russel Jones.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by vay727
    why tho?

and i fucks with turbo charge, that beat is incredible, i think rza sampled duran duran or boy george or something for that, my pops has the record.
    well im just not into any of the tracks on Think Differently it was just yeah. it was a big weak album to me. The cover might be the worst in history from wu. i listened the whole way through like 5 times over a week and it just got worse.

but anyways Turbo Charge is tight up until the hook....

"Cause its hard! turbo charge! and I'm doing shit my way!
    Bon Voyage! Shoalin dodge! nigga I'm going shit my way!
    Turbo charge! nigga its hard! cause I'm doing shit my way!
    Yes its hard! praise to god! nigga I'm doing shit my way!"

^^^

Wu Vatican

I am glad people like the Xcitment album, but it's not the album I'll give a lot of attention to. Doesn't cater to my musical tasted. I'm a huge U-God fan too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz
    Mr. Xcitement is an ass album but it's catchy I cant lie about that. It's a funny album, I get good laughs listening to it. It's not better than Grandmasters even though those last 3 tracks are wack. Not better than No Said Date even though it's not that hot. The only Wu-Tang Clan Group or Solo album it's better than is Trials and Tribulations Of Russel Jones.
    thats low dude

i think No Said Date is a great album im just not into Masta Killa foreal

and i just dont like Muggz

the albums arent really far behind its just hard with those things in the way.

Mr. Xcitement is tryin to be too much like 50

Which results in garbage
    "Peace to the number 7
    Everybody else get the 4-9-3-11" - Methodman

well im just not into any of the tracks on Think Differently it was just yeah. it was a big weak album to me. The cover might be the worst in history from wu. i listened the whole way through like 5 times over a week and it just got worse.

but anyways Turbo Charge is tight up until the hook....

"Cause its hard! turbo charge! and I'm doing shit my way!
    Bon Voyage! Shoalin dodge! nigga I'm going shit my way!
    Turbo charge! nigga its hard! cause I'm doing shit my way!
    Yes its hard! praise to god! nigga I'm doing shit my way!"

^^^
    when you're drunk and smoked out that doesn't sound near as wack. shit ugodzilla and mr excitement sound pretty good when your bent off some red stripe and sisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Masta Killa3
    Mr. Xcitement is tryin to be too much like 50

Which results in garbage
    listen to GRODT and then Mr. Xcitement

stop dissin U-God. he sounds on Mr. Xcitement just like GAR just with different beats

Quote Originally Posted by vay727
    when you're drunk and smoked out that doesn't sound near as wack. shit ugodzilla and mr excitement sound pretty good when your bent off some red stripe and sisco.
    ever since Camay i drink Courvoisier(better than Hennessy any day)

but yeah i know what you mean