05. '98 Freestyle Interlude
    06. Hold It Down (ft. AG & Stan Spit)
    07. The Heist
    08. The Enemy (ft. Fat Joe)
    09. Fall Back (ft. Kool G Rap)
    10. Flamboyant
    11. Causualties of a Dice Game
    12. Platinum Plus (ft. Big Daddy Kane)
    13. Who You Slidin' Wit' (ft. Stan Spit)
    14. Games (ft. Sadat X & Guru)
    15. The Heist [Lord Finesse RMX]
    16. The Triboro (ft. OC, Fat Joe & Remy Ma)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

wasn't really feeling this album that much at first due to some of the production but I just started listening alot to this again and the shit is definitely a banger. there is a couple of joints close to the end that feels pretty uninspired and maybe 2 other that has average production ("Causualties of a Dice Game", "The Heist") but still this is a real banger.. Big L was extremely talented as we all know, great flow, clever punchlines and funny as fuck and while this lp is very different from his debut it's amazing they finnished an album this good after the guys death... I'm not sure how much of the collaborations where actually recorded with Big L but most of them sounds like they were (BDK and Big L has great chemistry), what you think about that??

4/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

4/5
    some really really good joints, and some, eehh
    the intro is crazy, one of my favorites on the album

big l r.i.p, wonder how the rap game would be if he would still be here

Great album, not a patch on his debut though. I always think Big L sounds best over those really hardcore beats like on 'Lifestyles...'

As for wether the collabos were done when he was alive? Hard to tell. On paper i always though that say BDK Kool G Rap, and Guru were put on the album AFTER he died, but it works so well together. I would say though, that those three were added to the tracks after L died.

I heard so much about this album but I still have'nt heard it

'ebonics', 'holdin it down' are bangers...

^^ do you mean that's it?

this album is dope, L was easily one of the most gifted rappers that ever lived and his charisma shines brighter than bright all over this. lyrical masterpiece without a question, but despite that i think this album could've been better if they'd kept a few of the original beats L rhymed over rather than the weak remixes ("Games", "Who You Slidin' Wit") and also adding that freestyle and "Deadly Combination" kinda gives it a mixtape feel imo. here are the changes i made for the album for my iPod, try it out:

01. "The Big Picture (Intro)"
    02. "Ebonics"
    03. "Size 'Em Up"
    04. "We Got This" (ft. Mr. Cheeks)
    05. "Day One '99 (Live in Amsterdam)"
    06. "Hold It Down" (ft. AG, Stan Spit & Miss Jones)
    07. "The Heist Revisited"
    08. "Da Enemy" (ft. Fat Joe)
    09. "Flamboyant"
    10. "Furious Anger" (ft. Shyheim)
    11. "Fall Back" (ft. Kool G Rap)
    12. "Platinum Plus" (ft. Big Daddy Kane)
    13. "Who You Slidin' Wit (Buckwild Mix)"
    14. "Games Females Play"
    15. "Causualties of a Dice Game"
    16. "The Triboro" (ft. OC, Show, Fat Joe & Remy Ma)

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    wasn't really feeling this album that much at first due to some of the production but I just started listening alot to this again and the shit is definitely a banger. there is a couple of joints close to the end that feels pretty uninspired and maybe 2 other that has average production ("Causualties of a Dice Game", "The Heist") but still this is a real banger.. Big L was extremely talented as we all know, great flow, clever punchlines and funny as fuck and while this lp is very different from his debut it's amazing they finnished an album this good after the guys death... I'm not sure how much of the collaborations where actually recorded with Big L but most of them sounds like they were (BDK and Big L has great chemistry), what you think about that??

4/5
    did you just call "Casualties of a Dice Game" one of the weaker tracks??? thats one of L's best tracks of all time, flawless storytelling

There were some good tracks, some really dope tracks and some pretty average tracks, it was a good album, but Lifestyles... is much better and I always go back to that album.

Quote Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post
    did you just call "Casualties of a Dice Game" one of the weaker tracks??? thats one of L's best tracks of all time, flawless storytelling
    yep storytelling is absolute flawless but the production always sounded quite bland to me. the beat doesn't match the vocals if you ask me, altho it's still a keeper cuz the skills L put into it.