05. All Black
    06. Danger Zone
    07. Street Struck
    08. Da Graveyard
    09. Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
    10. I Don't Understand It
    11. Fed Up With The Bullshit
    12. Let 'Em Have It "L"

Produced by Lord Finesse (2,5,7,9,11), Buckwild (1,4,6,8) and Showbiz (3,10)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

This is definitly in my top 5 albums of all time.

I think theres already a thread about this man, but yeah 10/10, one of my favourite albums ever

^^ it might be but it wasn't listed in the review archive so I didn't feel like searching page for page after it (the search function of this forum is straight ass)...

i remember getting this LP when I was like 15 after having heard all great shit about it but couldn't really get into most of it (except for a few like "MVP"; "Put It On" and "Let 'Em Have It L") but this shit has grew extremely much on me over the years. I always appreciated Big L's lyricism and flow but the production wasn't really my shit back then but now i can see the greatness of it... so much that this type of music is amongst my absolute favorite sub-genres of hip-hop and calling this album a straight classic. definitely miss Big L's music alot, he always brought heat - "Lifestylez", "Big Picture" and "Worldwide" documents that though I have a feeling his music would be along the lines of what Jay-Z is doing nowadays if he was still alive. R.I.P.

5/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^^ it might be but it wasn't listed in the review archive so I didn't feel like searching page for page after it (the search function of this forum is straight ass)...

i remember getting this LP when I was like 15 after having heard all great shit about it but couldn't really get into most of it (except for a few like "MVP"; "Put It On" and "Let 'Em Have It L") but this shit has grew extremely much on me over the years. I always appreciated Big L's lyricism and flow but the production wasn't really my shit back then but now i can see the greatness of it... so much that this type of music is amongst my absolute favorite sub-genres of hip-hop and calling this album a straight classic. definitely miss Big L's music alot, he always brought heat - "Lifestylez", "Big Picture" and "Worldwide" documents that though I have a feeling his music would be along the lines of what Jay-Z is doing nowadays if he was still alive. R.I.P.

5/5

^ i honestly thing if he was alive he'd be bigger than jay and nas

I'm happy to own this on vinyl, dope, dope album.

^^ yes i own the original vinyl LP as welll, I think that was hard to find back in the day when I got it but apperantly they pressed up a re-issue i think.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post

5/5
    Yeah, i picked this up when i was about 15 too, and i wasnt gone on the production either. I dunno, it was too rugged, and un-melodic, i dunno, the only beats i really dug were the ones you mentioned, and maybe "The Graveyard" too, but apart from that, nah. Over the years its grown on me to be one of my favourite albums ever.

And as for what Big L would be doing nowadays? Just look at Dizzie Rascal, i dunno why im comparin them, but they both had hard rugged debuts, but that new single of Dizzie's is all over the radio - its a fuckin pop song! I think L would have done something similar to Cam, maybe not as extreme.

Actually, ever notice Dizzie and Big L kinda look alike?

Fantastic album. I have always been a big fan of grimy beats and horrorcore rhymes and this album showcases the best of both. "Dangerzone" is probably my favourite joint on the album with "All Black" running a close second.

There are so many hilarious, witty lyrics. You can tell L had a twisted sense of humour.

"I was taught wise, I'm known to extort guys, this aint Cali, it's Harlem nigga we do walk bys"

"I wasn't poor I was PO, I couldn't afford the O R"

"I been lacing snitches inside lakes and ditches, If I get AIDS then imma start raping bitches"

A true legend.

^^ word..

"Im on sum wu-tang shit so protect ya fuckin neck nigga"
    " DESCRIBE ME, THE KIDS NICE AND HE HOLD SWORDZ "

9/10

"some niggas'd still be virgins if crack never came out" AHAHAHAHHAhaHAHAHahaHH!
    classic album,

YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP. Tony Bandana's Avatar

never heard this one...too be honest , hes iz one rapper im not that well educated on .

i heard a track called EBonics that was ill as fuck

he must of been in the time when i started to give up on hip hop when it was getting mainstream and started spinnin afterhrz housemusic.
    ONGH!!!! SHIT STINK BIG GATORZ , MY DETROIT PLAYAZ ONGH!!!