• 4 - Brilliant

7 13.73%
  • 3 - Good

0 0%
  • 2 - Boring

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous

^ "Return..." were cool, you get all the cut tracks from this album; "Devil's Son", "Unexpected Flava", "School Daze", "Clinc", "Principal Of The New School" and those from his second LP like "I Won't", "Games Females Play", etc + lots of freestyles and shit. the one problem i had with it was the executive renaming tracks to fool people into buying shit and the sound quality is really weak.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^ "Return..." were cool, you get all the cut tracks from this album; "Devil's Son", "Unexpected Flava", "School Daze", "Clinc", "Principal Of The New School" and those from his second LP like "I Won't", "Games Females Play", etc + lots of freestyles and shit. the one problem i had with it was the executive renaming tracks to fool people into buying shit and the sound quality is really weak.

WTF??........lol, thats fucked up they renamed tracks to fool cats into buying it

If the sound quality is shit tho I might just fuck around and download it because I think I got most them tracks anyway..............thanx for the info

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    word

Great album. Very original, witty and hard at the same time. A shame he was taken away so early :/

My favourite tracks are probably I don't understand it, All black and Fed up with bullshit.
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

Definately one of my favorite albums of all time the only thing that could have been improved was that some of the beats were a little boring but L's lyricism saved it

Veteran Member

masterpiece
    The, U. NY Knicks. NY Jets. NY Mets. > Ur teams = The Truth

Young Dirty Bastard Girt McDirt's Avatar

Masterpiece.

As much as I love Wu and all the associated acts and other albums this is easily my favorite rap album of all time. Absolutely love it. I don't think I can pick a favorite track from the album because they are all so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bg_Knocc_Out View Post
    This is definitly in my top 5 albums of all time.
    same thing,maybe even top 3

I remember accidently downloading dangerzone and when I first heard I just kept it on repeat for about an hour, a few weeks later I downloaded the album and listened to it from mid-late 2008 to late 2009. In that time I was literally listening to it once or twice a day on the train, in class everywhere.

I bought it in the end to support and I think I might as well get it and the instrumental version on vinyl.

I haven't heard it in a while but it is probably top 3 next to Liquid swords and illmatic.

-

Classic album. I love Big L and I miss him. Very good rapper. I heard a rumor that when he was alive, he was gonna sign a deal with Rocafella. If that's true, I don't think he needed to do that because he's a underground rapper and Rocafella would've turned him into a mainstream rapper like Jay-Z hahahahahahahahahahahaha. He probably would've gotten mad at Damon Dash and Jay-Z for trying to get him to do mainstream music when he's not that type of rapper. He should only be with independent record labels because his music is underground.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Definitely a classic. Great punch lines, dope rhyming, and an ill flow. Big L was so talented it was SCARY. Such a shame he's gone because he really was something special. Not one weak track on this album for me.

Big L was the truth.

-

I agree and I miss Big L. If he was alive, I think he would've made some good hardcore albums. I think a lot of rappers were scared of him. I never heard about any rappers trying to battle him. Nas said he was scared of him.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Yeah Big L was truly a unique talent. He was like a 90s version of Big Daddy Kane. He could story tell, freestyle, had battle rhymes, and he could talk about women while being so witty at the same time.

He definitely had a lot of emcees scared I think. And what's even more scary about that is that there were so many great emcees in the east coast at that time.

-

Big L is better than Big Daddy Kane. Plus Big L would've never did songs talking about he loves black women like Big Daddy Kane. Big L did songs dissing black women like No Ends No Skinz hahahahahahahahahahaha.

funny how I made that post 6 years ago.

Big L is still the most gifted rapper ever imo. He even said himself in a '97 interview in Croatia that Lifestylez was ahead of its time. Royce da 5'9 summed it all up in his song Rewind. "I think he better than Nas." that's all I gotta say.