Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheadle is Replacing Howard in Iron Man 2

Terrance Howard has spoken out towards what happened with his negotiations for Iron Man 2.

Speaking to NPR, he called the decision “the surprise of a lifetime”.
    “It was the surprise of a lifetime,” he said. “There was no explanation. [The contract] just…up and vanished. I read something in the trades implicating that it was about money or something, but apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren’t worth the paper that they’re printed on, sometimes. Promises aren’t kept, and good faith negotiations aren’t always held up.”

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

so what is he trying to say?? that he had nothing to do with this decision?

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
    so what is he trying to say?? that he had nothing to do with this decision?
    Notice how he didn't deny the fact that he wanted more money.

Method Man

According to IESB while promoting Soul Men Sam Jackson revealed that Director Jon Faverau has contacted him to let him know that the character of Nick Fury will be given a much larger role in the sequel, he also said that he is looking forward to working with Don Cheadle.

Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    Notice how he didn't deny the fact that he wanted more money.
    preety much

sam jacks as nick furyyyy...now we fuckin talking

it's fucked up, Cheadle is a fine actor, but doesn't completly fit that role. like somebody here said they should cast Michael Jai White(he's perfect for that role) as Rhodie or just stick with Terrence.

This hasnt been confirmed by Marvel Studios or Jon Favreau so its all speculation as far as we know.

"Cause she's my bitch - the only cat that i lick
    Throwin that ass like Ciara on the top of that whip...""

Howard confirmed it^^^

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Overall as an actor, I have always liked Don Cheadle

But NOT for this role at all. I just cant buy it.

Plus you already had Howard as Rhodes in the first flick. This is like when they replaced Katie Holmes with whoever that other chick was in Dark Knight. It just didnt work.
    Maggie Gyllenhaal was alot better in the role than Holmes was. Holmes was just a paint-by-the-numbers cute face. Gyllenhaal actually brought real acting to the role. And for those that are on this, "but Holmes was more attractive, so she was better for the role than Gyllenhaal was," you're looking at things like a 3 year old.

You have to understand, Holmes PALED in comparison to the models that were around Bruce Wayne throughout the film that, at any given day, he could've banged to begin with. Obviously, he isn't interested in his girl on a purely physical level. That makes the "looks" argument null in void since Holmes comes across as "plain jane" in comparison to the dimes that linger around Wayne on the regular. Ask yourself, do you really think Holmes could've done a better job than Gyllenhaal in that knife scene with Ledger? Obviously not.

But back to the topic, I was fine with Howard in the role of Rhodes. And, for continuity sake, I wish he would've stuck around. But let's be real, Cheadle is one of the best actors in Hollywood. With the exception of a couple of films, Howard isn't seeing Cheadle at all on the acting tip. Diggs, White...come on. Neither of them are seeing Howard (who isn't seeing Cheadle). Cheadle has proven that he can really change himself for roles, so I have no doubt he will adapt to this role. Honestly, Howard was somewhat mechanic in Iron Man (I was fine with him in the movie since his role was limited). Since it has been hinted that the Rhodes character will be given alot more airtime in the next film, I'm glad an actor of the caliber of Cheadle is portraying him.

If you're more concerned with the "look" of the character, then I assume you were the same folks bitchin' about how Butterbean didn't portray Kingpin in Daredevil.

I'm disappointed for continuity's sake, but as far as film quality goes...this is a PLUS for Iron Man 2, not a minus.
    Last edited by hide1998; 10-23-2008 at 12:42 PM.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Yeah actually Maggie was a fucking UPGRADE from that lifeless robotic bitch Holmes, but damn Cheadle replacing Howard....in a SUPERHERO movie? Doesn't really fit the bill in my eyes
    Same here.

Plus Holmes was always wack and still is.
    bring back begongo!!

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
    Maggie Gyllenhaal was alot better in the role than Holmes was. Holmes was just a paint-by-the-numbers cute face. Gyllenhaal actually brought real acting to the role. And for those that are on this, "but Holmes was more attractive, so she was better for the role than Gyllenhaal was," you're looking at things like a 3 year old.

You have to understand, Holmes PALED in comparison to the models that were around Bruce Wayne throughout the film that, at any given day, he could've banged to begin with. Obviously, he isn't interested in his girl on a purely physical level. That makes the "looks" argument null in void since Holmes comes across as "plain jane" in comparison to the dimes that linger around Wayne on the regular. Ask yourself, do you really think Holmes could've done a better job than Gyllenhaal in that knife scene with Ledger? Obviously not.

But back to the topic, I was fine with Howard in the role of Rhodes. And, for continuity sake, I wish he would've stuck around. But let's be real, Cheadle is one of the best actors in Hollywood. With the exception of a couple of films, Howard isn't seeing Cheadle at all on the acting tip. Diggs, White...come on. Neither of them are seeing Howard (who isn't seeing Cheadle). Cheadle has proven that he can really change himself for roles, so I have no doubt he will adapt to this role. Honestly, Howard was somewhat mechanic in Iron Man (I was fine with him in the movie since his role was limited). Since it has been hinted that the Rhodes character will be given alot more airtime in the next film, I'm glad an actor of the caliber of Cheadle is portraying him.

If you're more concerned with the "look" of the character, then I assume you were the same folks bitchin' about how Butterbean didn't portray Kingpin in Daredevil.

I'm disappointed for continuity's sake, but as far as film quality goes...this is a PLUS for Iron Man 2, not a minus.
    Bullshit

Maggie is a shit actress and sucked in the movie

she has nice dick sucking lips tho

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Howard confirmed it^^^
    Not really, he just responded to the rumors. He insinuated that he signed a contract with them and its a surprise to him that its invalid.

"Cause she's my bitch - the only cat that i lick
    Throwin that ass like Ciara on the top of that whip...""

Veteran Member

yeah ; i wasnt too happy about this when i heard...

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Bullshit

Maggie is a shit actress and sucked in the movie
    So you actually thought Holmes was better??? That speaks volumes for your tastes in actors.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud