When it comes to production and diversity of the varied artist producers tend to work with Madlib is most likely the most diverse producer I’ve heard in years. A producer with such alias coupled with musical styles such as Yesterdays New Quintet, The Beat Konducta and Quasimoto comes the next entry in BBE’s Beat Generation series. A man that can go from jazz to hip hop to blues and then marry all three genres without such synchronization is amazing and very inspirational. From classic albums with the likes of MF Doom, Talib Kweli and fellow beat-smith and luminary Jay Dee (aka J Dilla RIP) madlib is the go to guy for the best music not just for hits and great songs but if you want the best to brought he’s the producer I think allot hip hop fans want to be.
This album is by Madlib incorporates allot of his styles from his jazzy production on tracks like “Heat”, “Park light” (which is very dope and psychedelic) and allot of others that show Madlib spitting without his “Quasimoto” alias and attributed voice pitch. I think one thing that strikes me with this album is that Madlib packs more confidence than ever in his rapping ability as well as a dope strong production that blows allot the prototypical producers away that similarly rely on gimmicks, etc. but still Madlib shows his diversity off more than ever. As far as the guest artists such as Guilty Simpson, Defari, Oh No, Prince Po, Roc C and Frank-N-Dank among others all give allot of illness and versatility that matches Madlib’s production beautifully. For example Prince Po’s flow on “The Thang-Thang” matches in sync with the ill drums jazzy synth coupled with some tambourines timed so perfectly along with the track sounding so upbeat. And to the album most lyrical track comes in the form of “I Want It Back” (featuring The Professionals) with its dope truncated hi hats with strong boom bap drums that thump hard. But the lyrics by The Professionals shine so brightly that it’s as if they crafted the lyrics to match the beat because they flow fluidly and ride the beat similar to a surfer riding a wave.
In the end this album is very brilliant but the similarly down side to allot compilations is that they tend to be over drawn with guests that don’t match tone or content of the album. But in the case of Madlib’s ‘WLIB AM The King of the Wigflip’ LP is that he truly flipped samples and all the instrumentation so well that it doesn’t give a sign of boredom or labors of trying to hard sort of speak. And that’s what’s so special about this album and that is why I’m going to give this album a solid 4 out of 5 stars this album is about so much being catchy and commercially great but rather is good music especially for hip hop, 2008 is the year underground rule supremely.

Rating: 4 out of 5