Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tony jaa new project (the guy from ong bak)

Default tony jaa new project (the guy from ong bak)

Default Re: tony jaa new project (the guy from ong bak)

DOPE! ong bak was incredibly choreographed

jaa is a suple motherfucker

this is his 3rd movie...the 2nd one didnt come out yet......but any ways he is one of my fav kung fu actors...he fighting is hardcore the way he just moves around ur attacks with counter attacks

hes not kung fu
    hes muay thai

well i place him in thier becouse its fighting........well then martial arts .....

Shogun Assassin Liquidswordsman's Avatar

i am very interested! That will be nice!
    'A spade in the club with the heart to wear diamonds' GZA
    'Wizard of Clarks; Tony Oz' Ghostface

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
    usa was built on terrorism

i know right just the name itself makes u think it could be a nice movie

ong bak will beat any kunfu catS ASS
    THAI LAND IN THE HOUSE MUAY THAI SON

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

Sword hasn't started filming yet. Tony's 2nd movie Tom Yum Goong will be released in the USA in November.

Tom Yum Goong's US release 19-06-2006

The US release of Tom Yum Goong "The Protector" has now been scheduled for 10 November 2006 (official date). The Weinstein Company owns the North American rights.

Source: tonyjaa.org

Buddha Assassinator

word is Jaa is directing Ong Bak 2...which will supposedly be unrelated to the first. hopefully whatever jaa does next will have a REAL director and a REAL scriptwriter...cuz the direction and screenplays for Ong Bak and especially Tom Yum Goong were horrible....

as long as they keep Panna Rittikrai (main fight choreographer of both films) on board, his next films will at least be sick in the fight department.

That's Ong-Bak 2 to you and TF. Tony Jaa is back...

Be excited. And a bit afraid. Ong-Bak's martial arts superstar Tony Jaa just got harder. "I've spent two years learning more about Thai boxing," Jaa tells TF. "Elephant boxing. It's an ancient art of hurling, pressing, grabbing, and breaking. You won't be disappointed."

Warrior King is another brutal, no-wires cruncher which sees Jaa travelling to Australia to retrieve a kidnapped elephant (really) and, more specifically, do some serious damage. The carnage is amped through the roof (an elephant chase replaces Ong-Bak's tuk-tuk riot), the opponents are mightier (goliath fighters, Brazilian chopsockers) and the blockbusting centrepiece is something else: a four-minute, unedited sequence in which Jaa batters 50 foes through four floors of a restaurant. "It's not like any other action film," assures Jaa. "You'd better see it."

For all the men in the whole world will some day have the name of Cuchulain in their mouths.

Buddha Assassinator

"That's Ong-Bak 2 to you and TF. Tony Jaa is back... "

no, im talking about a completely different film that is tentatively titled Ong Bak 2 which jaa is set to direct.

"Be excited. And a bit afraid. Ong-Bak's martial arts superstar Tony Jaa just got harder. "I've spent two years learning more about Thai boxing," Jaa tells TF. "Elephant boxing. It's an ancient art of hurling, pressing, grabbing, and breaking. You won't be disappointed."

Warrior King is another brutal, no-wires cruncher which sees Jaa travelling to Australia to retrieve a kidnapped elephant (really) and, more specifically, do some serious damage. The carnage is amped through the roof (an elephant chase replaces Ong-Bak's tuk-tuk riot), the opponents are mightier (goliath fighters, Brazilian chopsockers) and the blockbusting centrepiece is something else: a four-minute, unedited sequence in which Jaa batters 50 foes through four floors of a restaurant. "It's not like any other action film," assures Jaa. "You'd better see it.""

Warrior King = Tom Yum Goong, which was released in thailand last year. its virtually the exact same film as ong bak. the script is god awful, but the fight scenes are a bit better. jaa needs to work with a real script and a real director, cuz aside from the action scenes, tom yum goong was utterly unbearable to watch.

sounds dope...just the path of the movie im not digging as its the same as ong bak
    but as the first ..i wasnt really iin to the story but the action..thats what made me like the flick so much

Buddha Assassinator

i got tom yum goong on dvd...the action is better than ong bak IMO, but the story/direction is surprisingly WORSE than ong bak...so its a tradeoff i suppose...personally i think Ong Bak is a better overall movie...but if ur just about the action, then Tom Yum Goong is better IMO. the fight choreography is a lot more advanced and less repetitive than ong bak, but there isnt quite as much full contact..so theres a nother tradeoff.

The fights in Tom Yum Goong were class, shame about the apparent piss poor story (original dialogue is lost on me), but I only watch these movies for the fights anyway.

Chicks dig giant robots