0 0%
  • 3 - Weak

0 0%
  • 2 - Weaker

0 0%
  • 1 - Wack

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showbiz & AG - Runaway Slave (1992)

Default Showbiz & AG - Runaway Slave (1992)

01. Still Diggin'
    02. Fat Pockets
    03. Bounce Ta This (ft. Dres of Black Sheep)
    04. More Than One Way Out The Ghetto
    05. Silence of the Lambs (Remix)
    06. 40 Acres & My Props
    07. Runaway Slave
    08. Hard to Kill (ft. Fat Joe)
    09. Hold Ya Head
    10. He Say, She Say
    11. Represent (ft. Big L, Lord Finesse & DeShawn)
    12. Silence of the Lambs (ft. Freddie Foxxx)
    13. Party Groove
    14. Soul Clap
    15. Catchin' Wreck
    16. Party Groove [Instrumental]

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

incredible debut album from, along with Gang Starr, the greatest duo in hip-hop's history filled with soulful melodies, horn samples and jazzy breaks courtesy of the production talent of Showbiz.

Show also holds his own on the microphone (something he would stop with after this LP) but of course the real shining star on here is Andre The Giant who touch on a wide range of topics from the positive and negatives of drug dealing to how rumours can fuck up an entire life to the supression of minorities in America and of course there is enough tracks to show they knew how to rock a party back then.

the album is pretty low on guest apperances but the album is sprinkled with interludes between songs hosted by fellow D.I.T.C. members Fat Joe Da Gangsta, Lord Finesse, Diamond D and even Freddie Foxxx. we also got one of the first apperances on wax from now legendary Big L who represented well along with Show/AG, Lord Finesse and DeShawn on "Represent" - a posse cut in the same vein and caliber of/as A Tribe Called Quest's "Scenario" or Wu-Tang Clan's "Protect Ya Neck".

If you haven't got the chance to check out this album yet you must do yourself a favor and pick it up as soon as possible because this is truly one of the greatest and most inspiring albums of the '90s and also the one that set the standard of what a D.I.T.C. album should sound like if you ask me.

Favorite tracks include "Represent", "Soul Clap", "He Say, She Say" and "Hard to Kill" but there ain't a bad song available on this joint - the only problem is that it's one of them albums that is constantly out of print but once in a while a re-press (mainly from Japan) is pressed up and made available to the public so check for it.

10/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

It in my top ten of all time.

Along with "Word...Life" and "Lifestyles Ov Da Poor & Dangerous" its my favourite D.I.T.C album. This is just the essence of dope NY hip-hop from the early 90's

Like you said its hard to get hold of, thats why im glad i got my original version with the original cover sitting at home. I paid a bit for it though, something like 30 or 35 euros, but it was well worth it.

^^ yeah that's nice, I would like to have that original version - i got the Japanese re-issue with the full picture over all the cover like the vinyl. inside your booklet is the photos and all that in colour, I mean on mine there is one of Show & A standing together with the same clothes as on the cover but inside there's about 4-5 different photos when they were younger, etc. but they are black/white on mine and looks kinda cheap - is that the same on the OG copy?

Liquid Swordsman Wu-Tang Gambino's Avatar

Runaway Slave & Goodfellas are both classics.

Classic, DITC in full effect.

i wish i could find these cd's to buy. aint nobody got em

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Gambino View Post
    Runaway Slave & Goodfellas are both classics.
    so are "Full Scale LP" and "Live Hard" if you ask me, that's why I put them up there with GangStarr as best hip-hop duo of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^^ yeah that's nice, I would like to have that original version - i got the Japanese re-issue with the full picture over all the cover like the vinyl. inside your booklet is the photos and all that in colour, I mean on mine there is one of Show & A standing together with the same clothes as on the cover but inside there's about 4-5 different photos when they were younger, etc. but they are black/white on mine and looks kinda cheap - is that the same on the OG copy?
    Yeah, i think so, its been years since i looked at the booklet, ill have a look next time im at my parents house (ive a good few of my cds still there)

I looked at the booklet in ther version of this album i have, and i think its exactly the same as you mentioned Claaa7. One side has the big pic of them, same one that was used on the "Fat Pockets" 12", and on the back it has black & white pics of them.

I dont care how much i listen to this album i absolutly LOVE every second of it. This album is relativly slept on, and imo is one of the greatest hip-hop albums ever.

Ive been on a big Showbiz & A.G listeneing spree latley, and this shit NEVER gets old. Once again an absolute 10/10

^^ word, props for the info, that's the exact same i have... i was actually thinking of re-visiting this thread since i've been listening alot to this album again lately and for me this is the illest out of all D.I.T.C. album and is definitely in my top-10 or even 5 albums of all time.

Same as that, easily in my top ten, and possibly top 5. Cant wait for the Party Groove / Soul Clap ep to arrive in the post.

-

Bounce To This with Dres of Black Sheep and Soul Clap are my favorite songs.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasvisee
    ]Definitely A Classic Album!

BTW, I'm selling a new&sealed Showbiz & A.g. - Runaway Slave CD. It's the Japan Edition. It's really rare!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190317596181
    that's the same I got too i think:
    ORIGINAL CD PRESSING @ DISCOGS.COM

sorry, i edited your post when I was just gonna quote it but so everyone understand it's Thomas who's selling at discogs. peace
    Last edited by claaa7; 06-30-2009 at 03:33 AM.

Yeah this is an pure classic!
    DITC!!!!