Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

^Paolo Riveira's artwork was so gorgeous that I was able to almost overlook all the flaws...I thought the writing in Parts 2-3 was decent but it went waaay off the rails, and ultimately was completely unnecessary.

I hate the art in the new story arc though...the coloring saves it.

Quote Originally Posted by NAKHI the SOLORIAN View Post
    questions:
    what do you guys think of shadowland ?
    personally, i always liked the street level marvel guys the most and i always liked the hand ninja clan too, so of course i'm a sucker for shadowland.

that being said, its kinda like siege. the main book is kinda too fast paced and lacks detail. but if you get daredevil and some of the tie ins, it flushes the story out and makes it more enjoyable.

and even though the shadowland : power man series is drawn like shit, it makes me grin to see all the old luke cage-power man and iron fist lame bad guys gang up. cockroach hamilton and josh, his six barrelled shotgun that he talks to. and the return of nightshade, afro puffs and all.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

^damn, has nightshade even been a comic since the early 80s? lmfao

we need a proper power man-iron fist series, with misty knight and colleen wing though.

and what's up with black panther being the new 'man without fear'? i guess it could be the cop who became black panther in the early 00s.

ok. since both companies are kinda in a lull at the moment, lets have some fun in the wu corp comic thread.
    and i say lets talk about inter-company crossovers. since these characters never met or fought, it would be fresh and make for some good storytelling.
    so everyone weigh in with any character meetings,fights or whatever that you have thought about or maybe wanted to see.
    and not just dc & marvel. any publisher.

i'll set it off with this confrontation.

dr. doom vs batman.
    who would win?
    damn. now thats a match up i would like to see.

^hmmmm.....batman. no wait, doom. wait, batman.
    shit, i don't know.
    i have actually had that conversation. that's too evenly matched.
    i would give it to doom because he has an army of robots and a time machine, but batman has the 'sci-fi closet' (See JLA: The Ultramarine Corps) and who knows what he has in there.

Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol run is the shit. Up there with Sandman and Shade.

ill have to check it out

Id give it to doom also... not easy to argue with pandemics reasoning. idk id like to think baty has everyone out witted tho...

i was just talkin with my nig the other day and we was debating Abomination vs Doomsday... theyre the only 2 that have bested the strongest heroes in their respective universes hand to hand...

may not be comics altegether but sam fisher vs baty

uh oh with vs topics. does bats have time to plan against doom?

batman > fisher

i would say that if it was a first meeting and batman has no info on doom, he would mistake him for another clown in a mech suit.
    then BAM! doom hits him with a spell of some kind, fucking him up. i mean, if victor took panther down as hard as he did, he probably could take batman down as well. (cause black panther is basically marvels batman, right?)
    BUT, if bruce does his research, he's got him. thats all batman pretty much ever needs. a little bit of time to come up with 100 contingencies.
    but, thats what doom does too. damn. they really are pretty evenly matched. lol

new heroes for hire team book launching after shadowland.
    line up in the teaser shows iron fist, elektra, ghost rider, moon knight &..... punisher???
    good line up though. i likes.

other cross company match ups:
    bullseye vs. deadshot
    superman vs. the sentry
    and amanda waller vs. black mariah <(very obscure refrence there. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by KZA View Post
    uh oh with vs topics. does bats have time to plan against doom?

batman > fisher
    we have to assume he has planned for such a foe..hes batman..eloels.

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    i would say that if it was a first meeting and batman has no info on doom, he would mistake him for another clown in a mech suit.
    then BAM! doom hits him with a spell of some kind, fucking him up. i mean, if victor took panther down as hard as he did, he probably could take batman down as well. (cause black panther is basically marvels batman, right?)
    BUT, if bruce does his research, he's got him. thats all batman pretty much ever needs. a little bit of time to come up with 100 contingencies.
    but, thats what doom does too. damn. they really are pretty evenly matched. lol
    black panther is NOT marvels batman...hell no..eloels, more like daredevil meets iron man

^actually, he was very much marvel's batman in both the christopher priest run and in dwayne mcduffie's ff run where bp and storm were members...dude took down mephisto, magneto, and silver surfer with prep.

yeah, i mean, out of all the candidates panther is the most batmanish of the bunch.

daredevil? nope. matts straight from the ghetto. no money. he's a self made man. no real gadgets either. plus he tells every girl he fucks that hes daredevil.

cap? naw. enhancements and hes a straight soldier. caps too friendly and social to be a batman counterpart.

moon knight? hell no. hes got the money and the gadgets, but hes fucking insane. triple personalities (four if you count moon knight). plus hes a murderer.

t'challa has been a multi billionaire since his birth. has many cool panther themed gadgets. detective skills. superior martial artist. and is a top notch scientist. he also lost one of his parents to violence when he was very young and that became a driving force in his motivations.
    i'd say panther is the closest to a bruce wayne that marvel has.