Page 216 of 220 FirstFirst ... 116166206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220 LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3299

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

can ppl name their top 5 favorite comics... or something near that amount if you can only narrow it down to like 8, been trying to figure out some new stuff to peep
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Wun View Post
    can y'all help me out real quick

which series is better:

100 Bullets or Y the Last Man
    i personally couldn't get into either of those; i'd recommend 'criminal' or 'scalped' ahead of either.

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
    can ppl name their top 5 favorite comics... or something near that amount if you can only narrow it down to like 8, been trying to figure out some new stuff to peep
    current series?

saga
    manhattan projects
    daredevil
    prophet
    fatale
    batman incorporated (starts a new series later this month)

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
    Daredevil
    Batman
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Wolverine and the X-Men

Just wondering if there are any artists on here willing to submit some fan art to my website, [url]www.comicsthegathering.com

Sign up is simple, a username and password. Then hover over the community tab and a menu will drop down. Submit any art to the fan art section. Thanks in advance to anyone that submits.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Chamber View Post
    Daredevil
    Batman
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Wolverine and the X-Men
    i second all of these, except maybe wolverine and the x-men (the first 7 or so issues are great, i dropped it because of the AvX silliness)

Quote Originally Posted by LIONEL HUTZ View Post
    i personally couldn't get into either of those; i'd recommend 'criminal' or 'scalped' ahead of either.
    me too. i recommend scalped above most.

and pandemic, incognito by brubaker & phillips. have you read it? and if so what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?

and i know im supposed to be all cynical and nitpicky. but i just read the first chunk of avengers vs xmen and i gotta say.......i enjoyed it. good jam session between writers who grew up on 80s marvel continuity and are just expanding on/playing with all that.

yes. most of these heroes are acting WAY out of character for this thing. but as far as colorful cape comics go, its a lot matchups your inner child might enjoy reading. and honestly jrjr's art is great to me. reminds me of his old x-men stuff from back in the day.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

^i just can't get over how irrational everyone's acting, i can see the 'seams' or the 'puppet strings' way too much to enjoy it, it all seems forced...i'd rather read claremont/jrjr 80s x-men than this, which ironically featured wolverine attempting to kill rachel summers because she had the phoenix force (of course she went on to have the phoenix force for years and it wasn't a big deal to anyone, even when it left her it was treated as a minor plot point)

to me it feels less a jam session and more like editorial/marketing gave them some bullet points they needed to hit and they had to develop a story around it.

i'd give the first incognito a 8.5/9 and the bad influences an 8, i guess...

i don't think i'm that difficult to please, but compare brubaker's writing on any of his creator-owned stuff to his marvel stuff and it feels like he's dumbing it down (that goes for bendis and hickman too...i can read aaron's marvel stuff and not feel like he's insulting my intelligence, and his stuff manages to be a lot more whimsical and 'out there' than the other guys involved with the AvX stuff)

cool. ima probably get that ultimate incognito hc they got coming out. bru & phillips are the shit.

i have a theory about a vs x. emma frost is controlling not only cyclops, but also captain america. hence why they're acting totally out of character.

and claremont/jrjr x-men = my personal favorite x-men run of all time. his wolvie is only second to jim lees.

to me it feels less a jam session and more like editorial/marketing gave them some bullet points they needed to hit and they had to develop a story around it.

)
    damn it.

why you gotta always be right. lol

^in this case i wish i wasn't lol

you should also check out "sleeper" if you haven't already

and the claremont/paul smith/jrjr era of uncanny (160s-210s) is awesome...i didn't even read most of it until i was in college in the 'essential x-men' books and i love it so hard.

how can you not fuck with that?

hell yeah.

a personal favorite.

not much fucking with that.

^yeah that issue was really good, even though piotr is a pedo.

also, the issue where they're in japan and fight a dragon is good times.

PRODIGAL SUN

uncanny x-men vol 1 is the shizz. ive been collectin those for yrs.
    currently fukkin wit

uncanny x-men vol 2 and wolverine and the x-men they str8.

on a side note the new TMNT series is peace too.
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

is the book life and death of superman any good

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    me too. i recommend scalped above most.

and pandemic, incognito by brubaker & phillips. have you read it? and if so what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?

and i know im supposed to be all cynical and nitpicky. but i just read the first chunk of avengers vs xmen and i gotta say.......i enjoyed it. good jam session between writers who grew up on 80s marvel continuity and are just expanding on/playing with all that.

yes. most of these heroes are acting WAY out of character for this thing. but as far as colorful cape comics go, its a lot matchups your inner child might enjoy reading. and honestly jrjr's art is great to me. reminds me of his old x-men stuff from back in the day.
    Thanks y'all, i'll check that series out.

lol "colorful cape comics"
    I'll always love them first & foremost
    As for Avx, i agree this series is trying to tackle those childhood "VS" debates... but personally i cant stand JRJR... he is stoic and very 1,2 structured... he reminds me of an untalented Frank Miller.

Daredevil & Uncanny X-Force is where Marvels at...
    Then Justice League Dark, I-Vampire & Wonder Woman take my top 5... WW for some reason has caught my attention this time around... maybe i've just always hoped she'd have a better series to somehow justify her membership on JL.
    Speaking of-- anyone read Spaceman??

Lots of good stuff tho, Amazing Spider-Man is good Swamp Thing/Animal Man is good in conjunction with 1 another... I dig Supergirl a lil too