Page 1 of 220 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

Default Comic Book Discussion Thread

Please Sticky This..................

okay this is where we are going to talk all things comics so that the thread where I created is not cluttered with posts that are not uploads............

also if you guys want me to start an 0day thread(new comics each week)let us discuss that also

click the sig if you vatican status

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

my friend is an artist for 2000AD.

im not into that comic I just thought Id say that. If youre into that comic I can give you future storylines for what hes working on.

my favorite comic -

I cant get enough of these books, I love his art style.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

reminds me of Cerebus

click the sig if you vatican status

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    my friend is an artist for 2000AD.

im not into that comic I just thought Id say that. If youre into that comic I can give you future storylines for what hes working on.

my favorite comic -

I cant get enough of these books, I love his art style.
    i've always wanted to get into this but didn't know if the whole series is available in trades...would you mind schooling me on this real quick lol

my favorite comics right now:

fables/ jack of fables

elephantmen

madame xanadu --- this is only on issue 5 so it's relatively easy to get into; i would highly recommend both the story and art are top notch.

Right now, I only follow Deadpool. Not much of a comic head, but been reading some Batman comics like TDKR and such.

^^^you should check out the cable and deadpool series, it's all collected as graphic novels; it's pretty entertaining stuff, shame they cancelled it.

thank u nak. Ill sticky in a sec.

as of late, its been Secret Invasion (and some tie ins) Deadpool, Marvel Apes (done for now), Marvel ZOmbies, Wolverine, and Wolverine Origins (Original sins arc which ties in to...) Xmen legacy, and Xmen's Manifest Destiny arc, and Xforce, also Cable, SPiderman, Punisher (MAX) and for DC ive been on RIP...i think im forgetting some...idk.

whoa, who sticky'd this?

Quote Originally Posted by vay727 View Post
    ^^^you should check out the cable and deadpool series, it's all collected as graphic novels; it's pretty entertaining stuff, shame they cancelled it.

Oh word, I fucked with that heavily during the summer. Funny as hell. The new deadpool is entertaining as well and he's uber badassness.

Speaking of Punisher, is the new arc even good? I still didn't read them yet. Need some links!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy K View Post
    Oh word, I fucked with that heavily during the summer. Funny as hell. The new deadpool is entertaining as well and he's uber badassness.

Speaking of Punisher, is the new arc even good? I still didn't read them yet. Need some links!
    the new deadpoool is funny. holla atcha boy or knock knock. mostly a marvel head

i follow deadpool, amazing spider-man, x-men legacy, etc.

is anyone gonna pick up ultimatum it drops this week

Quote Originally Posted by KZA View Post
    the new deadpoool is funny. holla atcha boy or knock knock. mostly a marvel head

i'll probably check ultimatum for david finch, loeb's writing has been atrocious for years, it baffles me that someone so obivously incompetent gets such high profile gigs...his comics are straight ripoffs, you can read them in like 3 minutes... his ultimates 3 was some of the most insipid writing i've come across, plus he made ultimate black panther captain america in disguise (which is supposedly explained in ultimate captain america annual---apparently you don't need a series to get an annual anymore-- but why should we have to buy another 4 dollar comic for an explanation of a banal plot twist?) did anyone check that hulk arc nakhi uploaded? garbage! hot, steaming, leaky bag left on the pavement for days trash. i hate his work, he embodies all of the negative traits of superhero comics.

i'm a die hard spidey fan, and i can't even read the book now...it's such a throwback it's intellectually insulting...i tried to give them a chance after they ditched mj, but the storylines are boring and played out...one of my friends swears this is a great comic but i'm not seeing it, even the story with venom was bland...it reads like a 70s marvel book and i mean that in the worst way...marvel has not been impressing me lately, my pull list has imploded in the last few months.

punisher's still good though, the art on the new arc has been good. it's not up to ennis level but it's still worth checking out, and one of the better series they have right now.

Anybody fuck with Spawn? Is that shit even well written anymore? I can't remember the last time I read the series.

Quote Originally Posted by KZA View Post

lmao Holla Atcha boy...i had that shit as a fuckin sig for a minute, shit was so funny. And the POV-Pool-O-Vision...lmao.

and as for the new Punisher arc,,,u keep asking, and i keep saying ya its good...eloels.