Page 101 of 220 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3299

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

dude i said spoiler...and cmon...am i any worse tha Marvel? or KZA? eloels.

^lol pretty funny tho...

eh well not too interested anyhoo....

whats the best x--title right now?

either legacy or astonishing...but really its X-Factor..off the strength of David.

legacy and x-factor

was x-factor 200 good?

havent read it yet, but i copped it..im still playin catch up

uncanny omnibus is fuckin heavy as shit...eloels.

pick of the week: New Avengers...

as long as immonen stays on NA, shit will be great. Lmao at what happened to Osborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    either legacy or astonishing...but really its X-Factor..off the strength of David.
    gratzi...

fell out of love with x titles for a sec.

happens..people are running out of ideas for mutants

you bought the omnibus?

ive been liking new avengers so far. what spider-man said to luke cage lol

damn stinkin muties

the borders down the street had a sale so i took advantage of it.

joker 13.99
    civil war 17.49
    batman hush 9.09
    ultimates 2 book 2 13.99

i wanted to get the captain america omnibus too and a bunch of other stuff

i got both bendis daredevil omniboo, the captain britain omnibus, and the two sleeper trades...my girl got the daredevils for me, but i got her a laptop so she still won out lol

has anyone read the 'acts of vengeance' story from the 80s? there's an omnibus coming out so i was wondering if it's worth a purchase.

Some people just have the right stuff. Writer Jason Aaron consistently displays that month after month in the most gut-stabbingly exciting ways possible with WOLVERINE: WEAPON X.
    Halfway through its second arc, Aaron's WEAPON X focuses on the blood-soaked adventures of its titular six-clawed mutant as he slashes he way through mercenaries and madmen alike. Each arc runs as a standalone story; however, those keeping up regularly have already seen little pieces left behind tying into a bigger overall tale. The current tale finds Wolverine a bit out of his element, trapped in a mental institution and often cowering in the corner. The finale of last month's issue saw Logan regain his sanity and return to his violent ways, so prepare for some serious blood running with today's release of WEAPON X #8.
    With WEAPON X underway and his PUNISHERMAX run begun, Aaron took from time from slicing and dicing to talk about his plans for the mutant formerly known as Patch, his dream arc with a rocky guest star, and more.

WOLVERINE: WEAPON X #8 cover by Adam KubertMarvel.com: With your first arc complete and your second one halfway through, what's it been like working on WOLVERINE: WEAPON X?

Jason Aaron: It's been a lot of fun so far. I think what's been the coolest thing with these first two arcs is that I've been able to do two completely different kinds of stories. The first one was pretty much an action-driven, black ops espionage type of story. The second one is something totally off the way. It's a little over-the-top, crazy horror story of Logan trapped in a mental institution. So, being able to switch gears like that is fun. The stuff we have coming up after the current arc switches gears again, so we move off into new territory.
    Marvel.com: As you said, the first arc definitely falls into action and with the second, from the opening lines, you get that horror movie feel. Is this something you want to continue, with each arc hitting a different type of genre?
    Jason Aaron: Yeah, that was kind of the whole idea from the get go. In some sense, we have an over-arching story that weaves through all these arcs, but from arc to arc I wanted to completely change it up in terms of genre and tone and everything. So, it's always an accessible book. It's always a book people can jump right into who have never read Wolverine before. And for people who have been keeping up with it from story to story, you're going to get a very different flavor every few months.
    Marvel.com: So, when do we get to see the romantic comedy arc?
    Jason Aaron: [Laughs] Well, there's not a romantic comedy arc, but issue #10, which is a standalone issue after the current arc, is pretty much all about romance and Wolverine's sex life. More about Wolverine's sex life than you ever wanted to know.
    Marvel.com: Well, Wolverine has certainly been quite the playboy in his long life and been with quite a few ladies.
    WOLVERINE: WEAPON X #9 cover by Adam KubertJason Aaron: Right. We get to see several of them over the course of the issue. We see a lot of his former flames as well as people like Rogue and Storm. So, a lot of appearances by important women throughout Wolverine's life, good and bad.
    Marvel.com: Stepping back a moment, in the current arc you introduced a guy with chainsaws for arms. As an "Army of Darkness" fan, that just makes me smile. Where do you come up with these awesome things like chainsaw arms?
    Jason Aaron: You know, I hadn't really thought about the "Army of Darkness" connection, but I see it now. It's all about doing the craziest horror movie stuff I can think of. In some ways it's along the same lines of stuff I've been doing in GHOST RIDER the last couple of years, maybe toned down a little from that. But I wanted to bring in a brand new villain who could strike at Wolverine and pose a threat not physically, but mentally in the way he was able to get inside his head.
    Marvel.com: The next issue also guest stars Nightcrawler and Psylocke. Maverick played a huge role in the previous arc and you mentioned Storm and Rogue showing up in issue #10. Is this something you want to continue, in having these appearances by characters from his outside world?
    Jason Aaron: Yeah. I like being able to have those characters pop up whenever it makes sense and not for having a team up for the sake of having a team up. That's kind of Wolverine's supporting cast. I wanted him to have a supporting cast, but without making up a whole platoon of new characters. It's nice to be able to pick and choose and bring some of those people in. Actually, in the arc that starts with issue #11, Steve Rogers will play a pretty big part. We'll see Steve and Bucky, both.
    WOLVERINE: WEAPON X #10 cover by Adam KubertMarvel.com: Is there a character you desperately want to use, but you're just waiting for the perfect moment to bring him in?
    Jason Aaron: There is. The one arc I've been waiting to do, but we're waiting on a specific artist to do it with, is the Thing, who is my favorite comic book character. I don't want to say too much about it other than it will be Wolverine and the Thing. I've only gotten to write [the Thing] in like one panel in WOLVERINE #73. We [saw] a one panel shot of the Thing's poker game. I'm anxious to write the Thing, but I'm also anxious to write the Thing and Wolverine together in the midst of what I plan on throwing them into. So, that's coming, but I'm just not sure when it's going to happen.
    Marvel.com: You mentioned the romance issue coming up, but what other genres do you plan on touching upon?
    Jason Aaron: Well, right after that we've got the big arc where [artist] Ron Garney comes back. It's very much a sci-fi story and we introduce a new version of Deathlok, which is a throwback to the original version. He's a cyborg assassin from the future, so we'll see these Deathloks running around in the present trying to kill Wolverine and trying to kill Steve Rogers and Bucky and other people. We'll also see a storyline in the future that these Deathloks come from that involves Wolverine and some new characters that we'll be introducing.
    Marvel.com: With WEAPON X kicking ass, is there anything else you want to do in the Marvel Universe? Any other character or team you want to take a crack at?
    Jason Aaron: I'm really happy where I'm at right now. I've got long-term plans on Wolverine. I'm just getting started on PUNISHERMAX and got a pretty big story I want to tell with that. Those two books are taking up WOLVERINE: WEAPON X #11 cover by Adam Kubertmost of my time at Marvel here right now I've got a pretty big project that's going to be announced pretty soon and a shorter term thing. So, I've got a couple of those, a couple of [limited series] and shorter projects in future. Beyond that, there are other characters I'd love to get my hands on. I just don't want to throw it out there and jinx it before it's time. But hopefully I'll be working in the Marvel U for a life-long run.

wolverine weapon x has been good so far.