Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

I can't get enough of the Blackest Night run!! After reading all Blackest Night, GL, GLC associated with it I decided to read some of the tie ins. Today I picked up Flash 1,2 and atom and hawkman. I'll probably pick up others tomorrow...I'm hooked!!

Just got through reading Amazing Spidey The Gauntlet run so far. I haven't read spidey in years and I have to say this current run is good. I hope it stays that way...there's not much in Marvel I've been feeling since I got back into the whole comic scene. So if you guys get a chance check out ASM 612-619...pretty entertaining.

yeah spidey been getting better at times. i still dont know if i'll be buying any issues tho... besides any ones with deadpool on the cuv.
    but ill keep checking on it

i just started reading the 6 hours run with wolvie n hulk. the covers are amazing.
    inside art... not so much.

i think its either this month or next month thats gonna have too many damn deadpool variant covers.

this month i think... spidey, new mutants, iron man... the iron man cover looks pretty ill tho... deadpools helmet head

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Wun View Post
    yeah spidey been getting better at times. i still dont know if i'll be buying any issues tho... besides any ones with deadpool on the cuv.
    but ill keep checking on it

i just started reading the 6 hours run with wolvie n hulk. the covers are amazing.
    inside art... not so much.
    what is this?

amazing has been good since 611...i thought the rhino one shot (617?) was extremely well done

still not seeing where tony daniel is going with his batman storyline...but it looks pretty lol

does anyone else buy gotham city sirens? i thought the latest issues have been good after a dubious start...detective might get dropped, it's just nowhere near as appealing without williams on the art

anybody else on the point of dropping alot of stuff? i've got a gang of books circling the drain... guardians of the galaxy (aimless and getting boring), house of mystery (ditto), black panther, captain america (reborn was that bad...you can blame some of it on hitch fucking up the pacing by making it a poster book, but brubaker wrote that red skull would become a giant and be defeated by missiles from his own ship...shitty), and invincible iron man (drags on and on), and thor (Same...especially since fraction is writing it...granted he killed the thor one shots he did but his secret invasion thor tie in was pretty weak and his writing in general sucks lol) ...i dropped all of the x-men stuff recently lol
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 02-01-2010 at 11:21 AM.

they gotta rescue some kid from these drug dealers. its from 03 but i hadn't seen this till recently.

http://rapidshare.com/files/33420138...ne_6_Hours.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    does anyone else buy gotham city sirens? i thought the latest issues have been good after a dubious start...detective might get dropped, it's just nowhere near as appealing without williams on the art

anybody else on the point of dropping alot of stuff? i've got a gang of books circling the drain... guardians of the galaxy (aimless and getting boring), house of mystery (ditto), black panther, captain america (reborn was that bad...you can blame some of it on hitch fucking up the pacing by making it a poster book, but brubaker wrote that red skull would become a giant and be defeated by missiles from his own ship...shitty), and invincible iron man (drags on and on), and thor (Same...especially since fraction is writing it...granted he killed the thor one shots he did but his secret invasion thor tie in was pretty weak and his writing in general sucks lol) ...i dropped all of the x-men stuff recently lol
    i was about to pick up sirens but never heard much about it so opted against.
    i dropped iron man and thor recently but picked up legacy.
    even if only for the most recent arc.
    thor got boring earlier on i thought.

I noticed the trade Vol 2 of Secret Warriors came out recently...is the series good? Are the first two volumes worth buying? Also I'm looking for some recommendations on the Dark Horse Star Wars trades...can someone recommend a good series and volumes to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    what is this?

amazing has been good since 611...i thought the rhino one shot (617?) was extremely well done

still not seeing where tony daniel is going with his batman storyline...but it looks pretty lol

spider-man has been good since new ways to die til now.

Ive been also sorta dropping on stuff. i've been downloading comics more rather buying. reborn was stupid they dragged it out and having who will wield the shield come out before the 5.. i mean 6 issues...

ironman and thor have been slow lately. fraction gets on thor i think around april and may. i think right now with thor hes fighting doom.

his x-men has been dragging as well. hes a better writer on ironman than on x-men. they need a new writer.

lol i heard ultimate x is good

loeb does it again

i've been frequenting other forums for comics to DL since im not rich.

i've noticed that the bigger sites for comic downloading have shut down or don't post anything Marvel and wondered why-
    i guess Marvel tracks down sites with digital copies and gets their legality on.

i found this out on this site:
    www.tehparadox.com

thats besides the reason for the post-
    what was funny was i guess this dude was removing scanner splash screens and replacing them with his own as if he was the scanner so the admin told him knock it off or say peace...
    the dude didnt take that lightly and now this is the sticky over there:

Once again Marvel has sent another C&D, so we decided to remove Marvel books from this site once again.

We can all thank this user
    http://tehparadox.com/forum/members/u152144/
    got banned for removing scanner's splashscreens and impersonating a scanner

Here's what I got from him

Quote: Originally Posted by bigdaddyboo
    Before you get so self-righteous know that any and ALL books that have been scanned are against the copyright of both Marvel and DC, as they have already shut down 2 MAJOR trading sites due to it. Please, delete all my posts AND my account. And DO NOT threaten me. For your threat I will personally be reporting you and this site to Marvel and DC.
    So to whoever cares
    this is his ip

The IP Address is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and email
    Code:
    [email protected]
    please if you are/know any admin(s) and/or mod(s) please make me and youselves a favour make him suffer the consequences and ban this lowlife
    And if anyone know how to report links, here some of his

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/users/RJV4UL
    http://rapidshare.com/users/E7BTVT
    lol what a douche but damn they wanted to get even posting his info and what not.

ya i heard ultimate x was good too...i don't know, i've never read anything by loeb that i thought was well written by any means...and i've read all the stuff he did with tim sale (sale's the best) and i've found all of his writing derivative and brain damaged even at it's best and most enjoyable...i enjoyed his superman/batman stuff as just mindless pop trash lol

i want to buy it off the strength of adam's involvement, but no way at 3.99

thanks for the comics poetic wun, will check them out later

did anyone read it? what was in that box that wolverine gave to kitty during ultimatum?