Page 12 of 220 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    yo i didnt realize u had a Marvel version in ur sig now...that is fantastic...rivals the Alex Ross X-Men poster i got in my room.
    the uncanny 500 cover or something else?

and dark avengers 2 was wack, i dropped it, waste of 4 dollars...

ya 500. and idk,,,seems like Bendis is in over his head here.

ya 500. and idk,,,seems like Bendis is in over his head here.
    that 500 cover is a dope piece except storm looks a little bloated and the light sources are kind of weird.

and bendis needs to realize he can't write mystical or sci-fi stuff and stick to crime/espionage and ultimate spider-man of course...the spells he had doom and morgan saying were embarassing...give me the cheesy rhyming shit from the 60s-70s over 'afrika bamabaata intifada' repeated 5 times...he writes doom terrbly too...even the art was off...it's been a while since i was so pissed after buying a comic...and the fact that he has so much control over marvel is annoying too...dude was consulting on the thor movie...has he even written thor at all other than the 2 seconds he was in secret invasion?

eloels^^ ya thats sad about the Thor thing...idk, i was more upset at buying the Dark Reign one shot.

eloels^^ ya thats sad about the Thor thing...idk, i was more upset at buying the Dark Reign one shot.
    the one where namor looked like tony soprano? yes, that shit was garbage too.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

damn.....

yeah i thought Dark Avengers 2 was gonna be a epic piece,and X men 500 well again i thought that was gonna be epic.....but they were both just mediocre....

click the sig if you vatican status

eloels ya i dont remember 500 being good at all, just loved the covers..all of them.

^^^did yu get the dodson one of the females?

ad nakhi, i'd say uncanny's been mediocre since the intergalactic stuff ended.

X men in general has been so boring post Complex. Save Cable, which i still sort of like.

and no i got the Ross one, but i was gonna get the one with the females.

i got the ross one, and my girl got me the dodson one because she's a rogue fan (who wasn't even in the issue lol)...the writers suck now and seem to not want to do anything with some of the more popular characters (psylocke, gambit, rogue, nightcrawler, etc) wrote out kitty pryde, made bishop a villian. that whole 'no new mutants' schtick has ruined the books. the creative direction is terrible, all they seem to focus on is cyclops and emma frost.

dodson's art makes me still check it, but the books are the worst they've been in a while...they never really recovered after grant morrison left in my opinon.

anyway, this cover's the shit:

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

yeah I got a few banners made with Rogue in them...

click the sig if you vatican status

gambit and rogue are back in legacy right now..

is character assassination any good at all?

^^^legacy is dull though (who really wanted an xavier series?) and the art is bland (and i loved carey's run with bachalo and ramos).

character assassination is alright, the spider tracer killer plot is the best part in my opinion (they must've been watching 'the wire') it pales in comparison to 'new ways to die' though.