Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

you should definitely get the dark avengers and new avengers tie ins. without them, you can read it on your own but it seems very 2-dimensional and lacking in context imo. the dark avengers tie-ins in particular give you crucial background on the sentry.

^^thanks Pandemic. I'm getting back into the comic scene full swing!! I stopped collected about mid 90s. A friend I met through my wife is a collector and got me to read Sinestro corp war and since then I went to reading a bunch of trades and now I'm visiting the Comic Book Shop like twice a week picking weeklys up...I'm hooked again!!

Just finished Secret Warriors volume 2 needless to say I will be buying volume 2 tomorrow!!

vol. 2 is not as good as it crosses over with dark avengers a little, but stick with it, the current arc wake the beast is even better imo

ya id say that^

and sorry panda...idk much about blazer...just picked up that last one cuz it looked awesome...pretty sure its painted.

glad to see you took the siege plunge, 9th. in my opinion its one of the best crossovers in the last couple years, easy.
    the main story is just the main battle, so it doesnt get too in depth, just straight banging.

but the tie ins really add a great element to the main story (except maybe siege:embedded). you get to see different personal sides to the battle in some tie ins, and whats going on on the other side of asgard in others. all in all, the creators seem to be on the same page, and its making for a really good meta-human battle. and unlike some company wide events, siege has a feel of real importance in the marvel u.

my opinion on siege is not the popular one, by the way. lol. but blackest night has me yawning. sinestro. great. (yaaaaaawwwwnnn). and why bring back barry allen just to give him a blue ring and make him quite possibly the gayest character running around the story. bad move. but other than that and the fact they want to drag it on for so long, its still good stuff. but im steppin off when "the brightest day" starts. d-o-n-e.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

^^ I agree and disagree with your thoughts on BN...I love the storyline and the art but I do find it drawn out. I think it's not the number of issues but the long wait between issues for the main series.

Thanks for the Siege input...I'll pick up the Avengers stuff today.

i disagree with everything being said about BN

^^ elaborate Dusk.

I read the first five issues of Pun Max. I like the new Kingpin origin. Can't wait for the Bullseye run. I stil like the Ennis run better but Aaaron definitely does a good job. Very entertaining and continues to depict Punisher the way he should be...now if only we could a Punisher movie done right!!

i think its superb, and any hiccups in the writing or structure are minute enough to forget em.

man, i dont know. blackest night started so damn strong with that black hand prelude issue where he kills his family and himself. but now towards the end, all these "major happenings" last 1 issue.
    kyles dead. for 1 issue.
    guys a red lantern. for 1 issue.
    parallax comes back and takes over hal. for 1 issue.
    black lantern spectre attacks. for 1 issue.
    black lantern anti-monitor attacks. for 1 issue.
    im not saying its not good or entertaining, cause it is. but there is no sense of real danger for these characters. and blue lantern flash is just really wack to me.

if they shortened it up to say a 6 issue mini and limited crossovers, then i think the pacing would be better. but as it is its good, but not great, in my meaningless opinion.

switching gears.

i did read nemesis #1 and it was decent. the story was just kinda getting things geared up. but the art was GREAT. great premise too.

the newest scalped was something else. it was just like "WHAT!?!?". best series running.

and another siege tie in that has really nothing to do with the main story is the mighty avengers one. you see the rest of the team get together to fight the thunderbolts in their rag, but its really just a hank pym issue with really no bearing on the asgard situation. dark wolverine is kinda like huh??
    but new, dark & initiative along with thor and thunderbolts all add a depth to the main story. after all the bad editorial decisions marvels made in the last year, it seems the creators are on the same page with this one. for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    man, i dont know. blackest night started so damn strong with that black hand prelude issue where he kills his family and himself. but now towards the end, all these "major happenings" last 1 issue.
    kyles dead. for 1 issue.
    guys a red lantern. for 1 issue.
    parallax comes back and takes over hal. for 1 issue.
    black lantern spectre attacks. for 1 issue.
    black lantern anti-monitor attacks. for 1 issue.
    im not saying its not good or entertaining, cause it is. but there is no sense of real danger for these characters. and blue lantern flash is just really wack to me.

if they shortened it up to say a 6 issue mini and limited crossovers, then i think the pacing would be better. but as it is its good, but not great, in my meaningless opinion.
    the problem is DC is plagued with shitty consequential crossovers and huge arcs where people die forever or w.e and then its reversed...and if we're talkin about big things for the GL universe, how bout the shit that Ganthet revealed in 7? and the whole concept of a white lanter aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    switching gears.

i did read nemesis #1 and it was decent. the story was just kinda getting things geared up. but the art was GREAT. great premise too.

the newest scalped was something else. it was just like "WHAT!?!?". best series running.

and another siege tie in that has really nothing to do with the main story is the mighty avengers one. you see the rest of the team get together to fight the thunderbolts in their rag, but its really just a hank pym issue with really no bearing on the asgard situation. dark wolverine is kinda like huh??
    but new, dark & initiative along with thor and thunderbolts all add a depth to the main story. after all the bad editorial decisions marvels made in the last year, it seems the creators are on the same page with this one. for the most part.
    ya and like Bendis said..they just work around Loeb..eloels.

PRODIGAL SUN

the siege hasn't captivated me like that. dark wolverines seige issues arent even that important to the main story. i recently started fukkin wit frank millers "dark knight universe" just finish the dark night returns next is all star batman and robin boy wonder vol.1
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil