Page 13 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

agree with the spidey shit.

what did you all think of final crisis?

disliked it mostly. Im slowly building up a hatred for mini series and blockbuster arcs.

no doubt. final crisis is the last dc "megaevent" they got me for. (except the green lantern stuff)

i guess im in the minority when i think marvels events have been pretty entertaining for the most part. i liked all i've read except for world war hulk, witch started strong but lost steam towards the end.

^^^i re-read final crisis with superman beyond and batman last rites in one sitting, and think it's brilliant lol, and i thought it was garbage reading it month-to-month. (His Batman stuff reads much better this way also) But Grant Morrison's an acquired taste and I've been a fan for years.main_man, you should check out the first Annhilation series; it was my favorite Marvel event of the best few years (Messiah Complex is up there too)

oh, and KZA, i peeped the Legacy issues with rogue and they're pretty good. Hopefully, the title ends up being about her and Gambit as is the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post

i guess im in the minority when i think marvels events have been pretty entertaining for the most part. i liked all i've read except for world war hulk, witch started strong but lost steam towards the end.
    u arent...while Invasion, WWH, civil war werent fantastic...i enjoyed the shit out of them enough.

see, i really liked civil war. it was the writers statement on the patriot act. i just thought it was an all round good idea that was told well. and secret invasion was just all out old school mega battle comics. a fun read with what i thought was a great ending.

ya Civil war was the best for sure out of the ones i mentioned...especially art wise.

goddamnit, Daniel Way is fuckin brave...see the retcons hes pullin in origins? btw..Doug Braithwaite is a very good penciller.

^^^what's going on in origins?

and doug braithwaite's been that dude since he was drawing the punisher back when i was in grade school

and what's worth buying this week? was at the office all day so i didn't make it to the shop and probably won't tomorrow (manager at a collections agency so you can imagine we're swamped right now lol)

Thunderbolts^^ for sure

and as for Origins, basically, Nick Fury approached Logan at a bar and told him that his son had just taken over the wolverine role. yap yap yap, Nick Fury pretty much tells Logan that all the people named howard in his past are related...to him (mother, previous bosses, professor who fitted him with the adamantium..etc) The howard family have apparently been like puppets to romulus.

^^^hudson family...this was hinted at earlier in the series...i read it at the shop; they've made his origin too incestuous and convoluted at this point for my taste...I liked it better when he was mysterious and there were just islated bits known (weapon x, silver fox)

new avengers 50 was a fucking rip-off...5 bucks for this? i've got every issue of this title ad i've never enjoye a single issue lol...i want to like it, realy, the art is consistently brilliant and i love the characters, but bendis has not put together an interesting story yet...it's all too linear and simplistic, and the hood and his band of z-list villians? again? really? at least the art was pretty.

and my shop didn't have thunderbolts...sunuvabitch lol

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

I have the digital bootleg version if you need to read it.........

click the sig if you vatican status

the new avengers art was good save the page that was done by Andy Lanning (i think it was him) that shit was fuckin terrible.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

funniest shit I seen all day

click the sig if you vatican status