Page 15 of 220 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

anybody here read y: the last man? purchased all of the tpbs on a lark, and i'm loving this series.

btw, how do people feel about Spawn..honestly, storywise as well as artwise?

used to be a favorite of mine back when it first came out; the story was too meandering, and capullo eventually stopped drawing it so as I got older and more into indie/vertigo stuff i dropped it...I peeped it recently when david hine was writing it but it had drifted too far from it's original concept for my taste and the artwork wasn't dynamic enough to me...i have the last few issues that portacio drew but i havent read them...i know al simmons is no longer the main character which is bullshit.

no doubt^^ i think the covers are unbelievable, fantastic.

unrelated...

awesome....take that Marvel! eloels.

^ i fuckin' want that. lol

al simmons aint spawn anymore? man...damn. hes the boy.

whoa i didnt know that either^^

ya he blew his own head off in spawn 185 lol

and lol at obama vs. osama...wtf?!

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

what a cover.......I think this makes a statement.........

click the sig if you vatican status

wtf lol

what is that about?

wondy and bats in some bdsm play? lol

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

I did not read it yet gonna wait till tonite

.................. hate to say it (because I abhor the cover), but this may very well be the best Wonder Woman story I’ve ever read. Diana is treated as a realistic person, not some symbol or image of all womanhood, and her unique abilities and heritage are an essential part of the tale. The Hiketeia is a vow where one party takes responsibility for sheltering another. When a murderer hunted by Batman vows herself to Diana, conflict ensues — but this story involves much more than two JLA members on opposite sides. Themes of justice, honor, protection, and compulsion intertwine with changing ideas of civilization and acceptable behavior, all of it overseen by the Furies.

Wonder Woman:
    The Hiketeia
    Buy this book
    The art is lovely, as expected, although I found the scenes of violence hard to follow at times. That might be intentional, or it might be my dislike of placing myself too much into such encounters. On a lighter note, it was a pleasure to see Diana in real clothes. Too many artists have forgotten that her battle armor isn’t all she ever wears.
    The most thought-provoking part of this story is the way fate and choice interact. What are we compelled to do? What do we choose to do? Why do we lie to ourselves about what we must do? Those questions make Batman the perfect antagonist. As a character often portrayed as driven, his compulsions set the events in motion. He denies that he has choice and causes death as a result.
    The reliance on physical fighting was my primary disappointment. I know, they’re superheroes, they have to slug things out — but I expected better of both Diana and Batman. They never once seem to consider that perhaps there’s another way. Maybe that’s not their fault, but a reflection of the forces spurring them on. Still, I believe that there’s a better way then Diana winding up stepping on his head. (But without that, we couldn’t have a fetish cover!)
    Rucka captures the Amazon’s voice well. It befits a foreign princess without being too removed or stilted. It demonstrates caring and thoughtfulness, reflection without self-absorption, even humor. Neither Batman nor readers give Diana the respect she deserves as a character; this book changes that.
    Last edited by NAKHI the SOLORIAN; 03-04-2009 at 01:26 PM.

click the sig if you vatican status

not a bad ending for Batman: Cacophony.

can you spoil it? i dropped it after the first issue

that wonder woman story actually sounds intriguing, might give it a look

did anybody get warof kings #1?

jason aaron interview talking about the weapon x series

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20314