Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

funny you should mention doomwar, pandemic.

just read it the other evening in its entirety. really good read. great doom story. the ending was kinda anti-climactic though. but it was still pretty good.

avoid the bullseye shadowland special, avenger. its wack as fuck and really has no place.
    and blood on the streets 1 and dd 509 all take place before an event in shadowland 2, so i kinda enjoyed the order i read them in. and i dont think the moon knight shadowland books dropped yet, unless it was today.

yep, ol daredevils getting a break after shadowland. kinda like thor did. and i really dont like the idea of someone becoming the new "man without fear". you figure, if someone was gonna watch over hell's kitchen after matts gone it would be spidey, iron fist, black tarantula or even castle. not any of the characters they show in the promos.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Ok, I'll read them in the order you recommend. Any suggestions of some good comics that are fairly new?

scalped gets my highest recommendation. just great stuff.

if your a marvel head go with thunderbolts. the luke cage team is proving very interesting.
    avengers academy is pretty good too. its crossing over with the thunderbolts right now.
    and i personally think new avengers is the best super hero team book out right now. bendis kills that title.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

I'll check thunderbolts & avengers academy out, I actually picked up New Avengers #1 #2 & #3 today from the store.

^scalped is the shit, i second that recommendation---imo, it's the best comic out, followed by 'criminal', 'batman and robin', 'secret warriors', and 'ultimate spider-man'

batman #702 was epic, i'm sure i'm a broken record when it comes to morrison's 'batman' mega-arc, but for the most part, it's pure comics awesomeness,

i mean it basically recapped batman's role in 'final crisis' and made plain stuff you could infer already if you actually think while you're reading your comics lol

SPOILERS
    except for bruce's narration actualliy being a recording immediately after getting transported in time that red robin and i guess rip hunter listen to
    /SPOILERS

it's the presentation that makes it so thrilling and visceral though, especially bruce's narration (excellent writing...i hope we get more of this type of inner monologuing in 'batman, inc.') and the flow of the book was so lyrical (everything dealing with the new gods, darkseid, the bullet, the omega sanction) and efficent..,

i smoked some hash so maybe that's effecting my opinion, but it was just an excellent comic all around imo

tony daniels' new style is also great...once his composition and page layout improves more, he'll be an elite artist
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 08-25-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Scalped is already too far in isn't it?, I don't really like playing catch up

jms run on wonder woman is better than his superman

i thought doomwar was meh towards the end.

doomwar was great the first 3 or 4

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    ^I stopped reading it after daredevil 508...are they really going the route that 'the snake root' is controlling murdock?

and apparently daredevil's being cancelled after shadowland?

did anybody finish doomwar? i dropped it after 3 or 4

has anybody been reading american vampire or i,zombie? dropped after the first issue for both, but was wondering
    ok im back, ya im sreading american vamp and i, zombie...and would really only recommend both for the art.

Anybody been reading the new Green Arrow brightest day?

^i read the first issue and thought it sucked...the art was decent in a generic way...buy the 'green arrow: year one' tpb instead.

look....a Thor by Walter Simonson Omnibus is dropping in March 2011...save your money now, because from what little I've read of this run (thanks uncle bill) this is as good as Thor gets.

Considered by many to be the greatest run on Thor ever, Walt Simonson's classic tales of the God of Thunder are collected here-completely remastered from the original artwork and newly colored by Steve Oliffe! And there are too many timeless tales to count: The Casket of Ancient Winters! The death of Odin! The origins of Asgard! The sacrifice of the Executioner! Thor as a frog! The Mutant Massacre! Collecting: Thor #337-355, #357-369, #371-382; Balder the Brave #1-4
    I just put a twenty in the jar to make sure I buy this (no lie)...shit's going to be massive...it'll be the literary equivalent of Mjolnir.

I think I'm going to buy the Kirby one, too...maybe, but I think it's the early silver age stuff and cuts off before Kirby's art got really trippy.

caught up on the action comics run thats goin on..boss stuff, very enjoyable...that cover for issue 891 is brillaint..finch is killin em...bbl with more thoughts on the massive pile i got in front of me.

ya the action comics w/ luthor is just good comics

i wish i had a massive pile...all i got was hawkeye &mockingbird and black cat #3 lol

I just picked up Green Hornet #6, Green Arrow #3, Wolverine #1, Taskmaster #1, Avengers Academy #3, Avengers #4, Scarlet #2, Black Widow #6.