Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

^yeah my pull list is bloated as fuck, especially with the dc relaunch coming...my marvel pulls need to be cut drastically, but i like everything i buy right now lol

my favorite shits from DD#2.

"Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

So!!! What did everyone think of JLA#1? I really liked the art and I thought the story was ok for a debut issue, nice little intro to GL and Batman and a decent cliffhanger at the end to keep me interested in buying issue 2. I did however find it a pretty fast read for $4! Is DC not holding the line at $2.99 anymore? Anyway I'll stick around for the first arc and then probably go back to waiting on trades.

ya it was good, pretty interesting, and Jim Lee is a boss of course..but my stand out issue this week was fuckin X Force...dear lord do i love that book

x-force was awesome..."genocide" is such a cool character, obviously he's holocaust from the aoa universe, but it's such a cool characterization married to that visual...opena and remender kick major ass

gotta give jla#1 a thumbs down, lee killed the artwork (some of the GL constructs were really nifty, especially the force field), but the 'story' was super-thin, there was like 4 scenes in the whole thing...reading it right after reading x-force #14 really highlighted the "pacing problems". imo it should've been a "double sized" issue and had something resembling a whole story, or at least a satisfying reading experience...go compare x-men #1 from claremont and lee and JL #1...I know writing styles change and the x-men issue is 20 years old... but even aside from that, on a basic story level and actually utilizing the pages more effectively to tell the story...so much more shit happens, the plot is way more dense...it's pathetic really.

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    my favorite shits from DD#2.

ongh! yeaahhh!!!

i dunno though, the stuff with klaw's constructs in the last scene was pretty amazing too

I didn't have a hard time finding an issue of Justice League another shop had plenty of copies in stock. My main store made it on the news about the reboot. I had to drive a bit down further to get Daredevil 2 today..

"there were too many...they all came so quickly"
    "it's too easy, wade...just leave it alone"

*dead

this is the best deadpool i've read in years

seriously^^ i laughed so loud when i read that lmao

What #1's is everyone buying this week? I'll probably go with Action Comics, Detective, Swamp Thing, and Animal Man.

action comics
    animal man
    stormwatch
    swamp thing

^these are some of the titles I'm most intrigued by/looking forward to, so I'm especially stoked; otherwise, I think I'd just be getting mystic and wolverine this week

thought about buying detective, but tony daniels kind of sucks as a writer, lol...I may still buy that, dark knight and batgirl on impulse, though

fuck dark knight, finch cant write for shit eloels.

forgot about Batwing, im checkin that out

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    fuck dark knight, finch cant write for shit eloels.
    i agree, bit paul jenkins is writing the new series...who is hit or miss