Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

i prefer stewart btw...i can get my Quitely art from Quitely himself eloels.

i don't know man...i feel like burnham is distinct from frank quietly; their styles are similar but burnham to me has that grungy, grotesque scratchiness of that slightly deranged kid in the back of the class doodling people getting chopped up and eaten by monsters...and you'd be a liar to say he didn't murder the 'inc' issues he did...especially the one on the indian reservation.

don't get me wrong...'i fucks wit cameron stewart' (so much that i almost bought that awful suicide girls miniseries just for his art) cameron stewart draws some sexy ladies...and his fight choreography is on point.

tectrus, if you read 'leviathan strikes' without at least reading batman, inc #1-8 (not to mention the rest of the grant morrison run) you'll probably be pretty lost (then again, one of my friends read it 'cold' and said she followed it fine)

you may want to wait for the batman, inc collection dropping a few months from now.

oh, and marvel's finally reprinting the grant morrison 'new x-men' omnibus...in august, 2012. the same time that vertigo's issuing an omnibus of his 'invisbles' series. fuck yes.

{>____<}

^Thanks for the information, Pandemic. I'll check it out!

dont get me wrong i still like burnham and i agree hes done a fine job thus far

I liked Morrison's run on Batman & Robin but I haven't enjoyed Batman Inc at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    I liked Morrison's run on Batman & Robin but I haven't enjoyed Batman Inc at all.
    what.

i actually like Inc more than Batman & Robin overall (though nothing's fucking with the combination that was the final arc of Batman and Robin and the last couple of issues of Return of Bruce Wayne...that made my brain cum)

ya seriously Morrison is something else

this last issue of daredevil was great. i really hope this creative team stays on this title for as long as possible.

and the ending to the dark angel saga. jesus christ that was some good comics.

and bendis & maleev are killing the shit out of moon knight. but it will probably be cancelled soon. nobody buys moon knight comics.

went back and checked out the wonder woman relaunch. good shit. way better than wasting time with demon knights or jl dark. really diggin the artist. cliff chang. i know he did some other shit i read, but i just cant think of what it is.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

theres a reason nobody buys moon knight

i suppose.

but its a goddamn muthafuckin shame.
    they're missing out on one of the best writer/artist combinations killing shit right now.

even though moon knight is nowhere near the character that daredevil is, this run might equal their DD stuff. if it lasts more than 12 issues.

i tried moon knight for the first 2 issues but did not like the direction of the book at all...iteverything that made him interesting and unique away and made him a tv producer who sees wolverine, spidey and cap talking to him in his head...i can't get into it. moon knight is depicted better in the warren ellis issues of secret avengers.

the current daredevil run is really great and classic though...i hope mark waid and riveira stay on the book for years (marcos martin is already gone, he's got a book coming out from image next year with brian k vaughn)

you know, i felt the same way you did after the first 2 issues. i wasnt really feeling it.

but now after 8 issues i think its easily one of the best books on the stands and i love what bendis has done with the character.
    as with most bendis stuff, it did move kinda slow. but he really killed it around issues 4 and 5. its a tribute to the old 80s stuff. and it expands on everything they're doing with him now. just really on point.

and i like the fact the he's just fucking nuts instead of that whole religious avatar bullshit. would really work better in a trade cause of the pacing, but a damn good book by one of the best creative teams currently working in the medium.

stan lee b-day is today