Page 218 of 220 FirstFirst ... 118168208209210211212213214215216217218219220 LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3299

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BEATSMITH RESIST View Post
    saw a bunch of nerds all over the gaslamp 2nite...
    comic-con

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I have a question about Batman. Why is it that whenever he is up against a superpowered being, Batman is never challenged? They won't fight him like they would Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Black Adam, etc.

was anybody able to buy 'batman inc #3'? i downloaded it bu my shop won't sell it yet, even though there's nothing in it that's related to the CO shooting (there are some panels of lynched kids that are cartoonishly gruesome, though)

{>____<}

^I'm talking about a fight. Why don't the superpowered humans challenge Batman? Well, Batman has "defeated" Superman several times but it wasn't a fist fight.

the pay off to 'court of owls' in Batman was really stupid and terrible, which is disappointing because it's fairly well written otherwise and the art is excellent...it was like a dumb and basic version of the 'simon hurt' stuff

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Low-Key Lyesmith View Post
    the pay off to 'court of owls' in Batman was really stupid and terrible, which is disappointing because it's fairly well written otherwise and the art is excellent...it was like a dumb and basic version of the 'simon hurt' stuff
    Oh. Ok. Well, can you recommend some good Batman comics I can buy? I want to start reading comics again. It's been years.

year one
    dark knight returns
    the killing joke
    long halloween
    dark victory (sequel to long halloween)
    arkham asylum
    the cult
    the man who laughs
    birth of the demon
    prey
    joker
    gothic
    venom
    robin year one
    batgirl year one

there are more (like no man's land, grant morrison's batman run) but these are the easiest to get into without any continuity baggage

ego and other 'tails' (includes 'selina's big score', a really good selina kyle story)
    mad love and other stories
    batman: black and white vol. 1-3

^these are particularly good if you're looking for anthologies/short stories

{>____<}

year one
    dark knight returns
    the killing joke
    long halloween
    dark victory (sequel to long halloween)
    arkham asylum
    the cult
    the man who laughs
    birth of the demon
    prey
    joker
    gothic
    venom
    robin year one
    batgirl year one

there are more (like no man's land, grant morrison's batman run) but these are the easiest to get into without any continuity baggage

ego and other 'tails' (includes 'selina's big score', a really good selina kyle story)
    mad love and other stories
    batman: black and white vol. 1-3

^these are particularly good if you're looking for anthologies/short stories
    Ok. Thanks. Actually, I've read some of these comics you've listed. Are there any recent Batman comics out there?

batman the black glove
    batman RIP
    batman and robin vol 1-2
    time and the batman
    return of bruce wayne
    batman and robin vol 3
    batman incorporated vol 1

^all one longform story

{>____<}

batman the black glove
    batman RIP
    batman and robin vol 1-2
    time and the batman
    return of bruce wayne
    batman and robin vol 3
    batman incorporated vol 1

^all one longform story
    Sounds great! Thanks.

^if you start with 'the black glove' get the 'deluxe' edition, it contains two smaller trades: batman and son, and the black glove

also, this story is still continuing in the new volume of batman, inc

{>____<}

^Ok. I will do that.

PRODIGAL SUN

Punk Rock Jesus FIYAH!!!
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

yes, punk rock jesus is pretty damn good.

goodbye, scalped.

i'm damn sure gonna miss ya.

and this hawkeye series = seriously good.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

I could not find either issue of Hawkeye...I still haven't copped Scalped vol 9 yet...I'll probably just wait until the last volume comes out and 'marathon' it.

Oh snap

I should probably chill on the comics and buy a phone with a better camera, but fuck it

I've kind of given up on monthlies except for the stuff I can't live without, the fact that most of the Marvel Now! stuff looks like shit is extremely helpful
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 09-18-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Also, I'm a good way through the New X-Men Omni and it's still classic stuff, the last two arcs which I hated years ago (2004?) make alot more sense to me now even if i'm not entirely sold on them...the first 2/3 of the book is incredible and i have even developed a non-ironic love of the igor kordey issues, and frank quitely, ethan van sciver, and phil jimenez murder it...the only fill-in artist who i didn't like was the guy who penciled the first appearance of quentin quire.

The Love and Rockets stuff I've never read before, but I know it's well regarded and the art is excellent, so hey.

I have all of the issues in the Grendel Omnibus but it's nice to get the Hunter Rose stories in one book...It took me like 15 years to get every issue of Grendel, including spinoffs and crossovers and now they finally start collecting it. Why this series rarely ever gets discussed as classic is mind-boggling to me. This was one of the series that really expanded my mind on what comics can do.

I'm really eager to get into the Invisibles Omni as I read some of it years ago, but never got the whole story...the book is a fucking beast though.

I sold off alot of my collection over the last month or two and ditched alot of mediocre-good stuff and unread or just meh omnibuses and shit am trying to just spend money on shit I think is really good.