Page 219 of 220 FirstFirst ... 119169209210211212213214215216217218219220 LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3299

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

I unintentionally stopped picking up monthly and missed out on allred doin daredevil Smfh

The invisibles is particularly awesome to be reading given the year we're in...

^i know! i haven't started it yet because it's such a big ass bitch, i'm going to wait until i read the other books

DD 17 was cool...mainly a flashback and probably one of the weaker issues in the series so far, but still good

have you read any grendel or love and rockets? they seem like your type of shit

always meant to, sporadic issues of both tho.

check the other thread a couple of comic added

met Chris Bachalo yesterday besides my comics I got this signed too

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    I could not find either issue of Hawkeye...I still haven't copped Scalped vol 9 yet...I'll probably just wait until the last volume comes out and 'marathon' it.

Oh snap

I should probably chill on the comics and buy a phone with a better camera, but fuck it

I've kind of given up on monthlies except for the stuff I can't live without, the fact that most of the Marvel Now! stuff looks like shit is extremely helpful
    How is that invisibles?

It's awesome.

There are some bits where the art is not as good as other parts (the artists alternate on almost every though phil jiminez draws alot of it and he's quality), but the overall story is fantastic, the ideas are fascinating, the characters are interesting, there's some genuinely weird and creepy scenes/dialogue...even though i guess it's dated now since there are references and scenes in 2012 (and the technology and social evolution is still far beyond where we are now), i still highly recommend it.

by the time i finished it, it was definitely firm in my top 10 favorite comics series of all time, and just you asking me about makes me want to read it again (it took me like 2.5 months to read it initially)

damn, this thread has been dead for a hot minute.

The last 2 volumes of Scalped were cool, although it seemed like Aaron was rushing towards the conclusion, particularly in Volume 10. I need to marathon through that whole series soon.

What is everyone reading these days? I read Nexus Omnibus Vol. One, and that is boss; weird 80s scifi quasi-superhero series, think intergalactic Punisher guided by his dreams if he was a genius, had a girlfriend and actual friends. Orc Stain and King City are also dope, and I think people should check out. Brandom Graham, the artist/writer of King City also has a mini series 'Multiple Warheads' which is awesome. His art's like this incredibly hybrid of Moebius, Vaughn Bode, and Masamune Shirow

and his covers are usually sick

I'll post up the books I've gotten recently that I need to read when I get home.

KZA, do you post at CBR?

On the omnibus thread most of the time. I think I've seen you post there before.

Nah I don't post there, I occasionally post at the Masterworks board; the people there are more well informed and people involved in the collections actually post there...one of the guys who put together most of the recent x-men omnibus stuff es of classics (inferno, mutant massacre, claremont/lee vol 1-2, fall of the mutants, x-force) is a regular there.

Most of the CBR people in their Omnibus threads have terrible taste, or post masturbatory nonsense imo...which makes it like wu-corp, except you can't tell people to shut the fuck up or you'll get banned) I think there is someone named Pandemic posting in there, though...I lurk to see when shit is coming out.

Oh yeah, so one of the shops in jacksonville was having a massive sale on their collections so they could stay open and I snapped up a bunch of stuff for about 100 bucks...the two marvel books, hellboy, crisis on infinite earths and the incal were used but everything else was brand new and I'm set on reading material for a hot minute.

I thought that was you on there lol.

I rarely post there and do agree that they are stupid at times. I also hate reddit r/comicbooks too. When I post sketches I get some idiot will try to tell me to post it on another subthread.

I'm just saving up right now for Wondercon and San Diego.

yeah reddit can be annoying, most of my friends swear by it

Are you going to get the 70s JRJr Iron Man Omnibus? I'm thinking about it

Definitely going to get the UXM Omnibus when the reprint comes out

Not sure I'll wait for the consensus on it.

I can't wait for UXM, Daredevil and ASM v1 for reprints.

here are my omnis so far

ASM v2 is JRJR DM
    Wolverine is the Steve McNiven DM
    Devil Dinosaur, Ghost Rider, Death of Cap were cover price.

Good looks bro..something for me to find
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    It's awesome.

There are some bits where the art is not as good as other parts (the artists alternate on almost every though phil jiminez draws alot of it and he's quality), but the overall story is fantastic, the ideas are fascinating, the characters are interesting, there's some genuinely weird and creepy scenes/dialogue...even though i guess it's dated now since there are references and scenes in 2012 (and the technology and social evolution is still far beyond where we are now), i still highly recommend it.

by the time i finished it, it was definitely firm in my top 10 favorite comics series of all time, and just you asking me about makes me want to read it again (it took me like 2.5 months to read it initially)

damn, this thread has been dead for a hot minute.

The last 2 volumes of Scalped were cool, although it seemed like Aaron was rushing towards the conclusion, particularly in Volume 10. I need to marathon through that whole series soon.

What is everyone reading these days? I read Nexus Omnibus Vol. One, and that is boss; weird 80s scifi quasi-superhero series, think intergalactic Punisher guided by his dreams if he was a genius, had a girlfriend and actual friends. Orc Stain and King City are also dope, and I think people should check out. Brandom Graham, the artist/writer of King City also has a mini series 'Multiple Warheads' which is awesome. His art's like this incredibly hybrid of Moebius, Vaughn Bode, and Masamune Shirow

and his covers are usually sick

I'll post up the books I've gotten recently that I need to read when I get home.

KZA, do you post at CBR?