Page 53 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

^^^nah...i heard zombie 3 and 4 were a lot better than the ones kirkman wrote though...would you recommend them? it always felt like crass to me

I just started reading Preacher and I can't put this shit down. I'm gonna have to order the next couple volumes now.

hell yeah. preacher is a personal favorite of mine. crazy shit going down in that one.

and pandemic, the cage clocking venom sig is THE SHIT!!

^^^thanks

i've been meaning to check out preacher for years but never do because of steve dillon lol....is the writing of a high enough quality that his art doesn't hinder it too much? how does ennis' writing here compare to punisher max or his hellblazer run?

i would say that yes, the writing is good enough to overshadow the art. its what made me an ennis fan to begin with.
    but his punisher max run is a whole other beast. preacher isn't AS gritty, but has plenty of grit. i never really read any hellblazer comics, so i cant really comment on that.

^^^but it's as dense and insane and darkly humorous as punisher though? like, what's the tone of the series?

pretty much all the above. it goes to some really crazy places. i'll give you a quick rundown on the 3 main characters.

jesse custer: former preacher with the power of "the genesis". it makes it impossible to not do exactly what he tells you when he wishes it so. his background is completely fucked up too.

tulip: jesses former lover and current assassin. tulip is a good with a firearm as a human being can be. hot tempered and an extremely efficient killer.

cassidy: the alcoholic irish vampire. cassidy is unlike any vampire character you've ever read. jesse's close friend.

its violent, perverse and funny as hell. and just a really good story with a great ending.

has it all been collected yet as graphic novels?

yes, you can get the whole story in tpb.

alright, i think my shop has the first volume i'll give it a shot

has anyone read the invisibles? i think it's grant morrison's best work

heard about it..might get into it^^ and as for the zombies thing...its ok, i mean im a zombie fan in general so i pick em up.

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

Dusk, your sig and avatar are dope. Mike Allred used to go to one of the Mormon Churches over here that my friend went to and I got a bunch of free comics and art from him. He's really nice. Madman is the shit. I'm waiting on a movie.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

wtf??? really? hes the fuckin man, Madman is my fav.

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

Yeah. I would like beg my parents to let me go with my friend to his church services just so I could talk to him. As a side effect I know more about the Mormon religion than I could ever wish to.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

it always gets me that hes a mormon..the guy is a genius, and his general outlook on life and metaphysics..is one that kinda strays from mormonism...its very strange.