Page 7 of 220 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

?

click the sig if you vatican status

^^^how do you feel about this event so far? i think it's been pretty sloppy in terms of plotting, but the art has been great and the bit with batman was crazy, if predictable if you read the 'last rites' story. grant morrison's been disappointing me lately, and i generally love his writing.

does anybody read iron fist? i just starting picking this up on a lark and have been digging it.

eloels, i did it 30 minutes ago...

anyway, i read the first final crisis and said fuck it, the only reason i got 6 was because of the Batman thing. I have been reading Last Rites, which i also thought was meh.

I have yet to read final crisis only cause I want to read it all in one sitting when all the issues have been released.....same with last rites....I am gonna read the whole crisis series from start to finish real soon...as far as Iron Fist I am gonna start reading that tonite just copped the full run last nite

^^^also get the new iron man series if you haven't; good stuff there. I'm considering checking out the Avengers: The Initiative---does anybody read that?

u mean the wanted shit? if so, i think u can do without.

nah i think he means War Machine

no i meant the wanted stuff, i'm enjoying what fraction's doing with iron man, and larocca's art is mgnificent...fraction's writing the cheesiest x-men i've ever seen over in uncanny so i dropped that (the only x-book i'm buying is x-force which is dope, and astonishing is alright whenever it comes out)...is war machine any good, i'm salty they turned rhodes in a weird looking cyborg.

dusk, why don't you like iron man? the premise has been done, but it has potential.

its ok, but i hate the art. ALOT...eloels, and ya X Men has been almost unbearable as of late, ive only been reading Cable.

how bout this question

Final Crisis Vs. Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    its ok, but i hate the art. ALOT...eloels, and ya X Men has been almost unbearable as of late, ive only been reading Cable.

how bout this question

Final Crisis Vs. Secret Invasion.
    you should try x-force, quality art and story and unapologetically violent...cable's alright too, i like the art but it's been rather slow and turning bishop into wiley coyote wasn't a good look...

choosing between secret invasion and final crisis is like choosing between a root canal and sodomy...yu's art saved secret invasion for me (i bought the first 3 issues and dropped it, it amazes me how little bendis can have happen in a single issue...it was way too short on narrative and character development, and overly dependent on fight scenes (plus it's almost worthless unless you read the avengers books, everything from nick fury's plans to the skrull's method of evading detection; stuff that should've been in the main miniseries)...both events require you to have in depth knowledge of the universe and the status quo...i miss events like infinity gauntlet that were legitimately self contained...my favorite bit of secret invasion was the black panther tie in--- issues 39-41; buy that if you haven't, that shit was brilliant. final crisis, has just been a total abortion, i bought the first issue and have been downloading the rest.

are you going to buy dark avengers? deodato's art looks good as always, but fuck paying 3.99 for some bendis decompressed bs that'll take 3 minutes to read...alot of the marvel writers need to work on their pacing...comics are too now expensive for this huge panels with no words/ whole issue is one scene garbage.

what don't you like about the art on iron man? it looks really classy and cinematic to me.

actually, my bad, i am following X Force, whoops. As for iron man...idk...just dont like the art. I picked up Dark Avengers, and its sort of interesting, there were two picks that i knew were gonna happen (Wolverine, Iron Patrio) the others were surprising. The art is fantastic.

yeah i leafed through it, was blown away by the art and bought it (damn you deodato) and actually enjoyed it, even though i was disappointed that i called literally the whole roster back when they leaked the promo picture... did you check out ellis and deodato's thunderbolts? that was really good also, and setup norman's current status quo and laid the groundwork for some of this team (ms. marvel and hawkeye and spidey in particular)...i'm digging the noir books also (spider-man noir and x-men noir) have you checked those out? they're worth it, particularly the x-men, but only if you're into alternative interpretations of the characters that deviate heavily from continuity.

i was going to, but i decided against...ill check it out, i think i had to decide b/w Incogneto and one of the Noirs...and i picked Incog. btw, have u been reading Wolverine Origins?

picked up

Dark Avengers 1
    Weapon X First class 3/3
    Uncanny X-Men annaul
    X-Men Legacy 220

surprisingly found the 2nd print of ASM 583.