Page 8 of 220 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

no surprise, they reprinted them, i was gonna grab one, but that shit sucks. Especially that stupid cover.

it sold out everywhere also and there doing a third printing of it as well.

it sold out upon first release, ya in like the first hour..eloels, but they said theyd reprint, and that shit didnt sell at all today at my shop, i went around closing.

it sold out to the local one i usually go and also the thunderbolts issue also since it had him on 2-3 pages IIRC. so i called another shop they said they might get a new shipment tonight.. and if the people who bought it in advance didn't get it tonight then it was first come first serve, so i called one more shop that was near by and they said they had 20 copies so i drove to that one and got it. last week i saw it on ebay going for 700 dollars looks like the hype for it slowed down for the 2nd printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    no surprise, they reprinted them, i was gonna grab one, but that shit sucks. Especially that stupid cover.
    cosigned...amazing spider-man is all over the place in terms of quality; for every good story, there's like 3 issues that are pointless, and the obama thing was lame-- all that hype for 5 pages. incognito was awesome; as for origin, i bought it when it first came out but it was slow as hell, 5 issue story arcs that could've been done in 1-2 issues, plus dillon was an extremely bad fit on the artwork...has it improved at all?

i think so^^ the Deadpool thing they had going on was great, and as of right now its going ok.

as for ASM....the New Ways to Die thing was awesome IMO...but then after, JRJR and Gugg. took a break, and let a bunch of small arcs get made, but now they are back and back to the main storyline, so far with a bang too.

how do people feel about Simon Dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    i think so^^ the Deadpool thing they had going on was great, and as of right now its going ok.

as for ASM....the New Ways to Die thing was awesome IMO...but then after, JRJR and Gugg. took a break, and let a bunch of small arcs get made, but now they are back and back to the main storyline, so far with a bang too.
    i've been cherry picking which arcs to buy on ASM (I enjoyed Straczynski's run and liked MJ was not buying it at all for a quite a while, but I've been a Spidey fan since i was like 3-4 yeas old), and New Ways to Die was awesome, the Punisher issue was good, and I'll buy anything Bachalo or Marcos Martin draws (if you like Martin's art buy Doctor Strange: The Oath nd Batgirl: Year One) I got the latest issue and the new story seems intriguing now that they are resolving some of the subplots, and there were some funny bits...a Spidey comic should always have some humor...

I can never find Simon Dark, though I've heard it's good. Do you get Astonishing X-Men? The latest issue was decent, but the story's moving hella slow. And I'll buy pretty much anything Warren Ellis writes, but he seems disinterested.

after that first issue of Ghost Box...i stopped reading it. I fuckin despise the art...and ya its moving too slow

are you reading Kingbreaker? That's pretty cool for the cosmic stuff, Guardians of the Galaxy's good too

no i havent actually, might check it out.

I'm looking forward to these:

SPIDER-WOMAN #1
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils & 50/50 Cover by ALEX MALEEV
    50/50 Cover by ALEX ROSS
    The team of Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev return to a monthly Marvel comic for the first time since their Eisner award-winning run on Daredevil. ripped from the pages of SECRET INVASION and NEW AVENGERS, this explosive first chapter follows the new adventures of Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman as she rediscovers her life in a world she did not make.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

WOLVERINE: WEAPON X #1
    Written by JASON AARON
    Pencils & Cover by RON GARNEY
    50/50 Variant Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    Variant Cover A by TBA
    Variant Cover B by TBA
    "THE ADAMANTIUM MEN" Part 1 (of 5)
    In the jungles of Colombia, people are turning up dead, whole villages brutally slaughtered by a team of soldiers who move through the shadows like ghosts. On the streets of San Francisco, Logan learns that the files from the old Weapon X program, the blueprints for building Adamantium-laced super soldiers like himself, have fallen into the hands of the evil corporation, Roxxon. Once again, it seems, someone is looking to build the perfect killing machine. That means it's time for Wolverine to step in, and remind them that someone already did. Plus 8 pages of Director's Cut Extras!
    40 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 01-23-2009 at 11:46 AM.

When does that Weapon X come out? sounds pretty tight

Quote Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post
    When does that Weapon X come out? sounds pretty tight
    April, it's a new ongoing series. The current Wolverine title is ending once 'Old Man Logan' finishes.

that Spider Woman series looks good, idk about this Weapon X one tho...gonna have to wait and see.