Page 9 of 220 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    that Spider Woman series looks good, idk about this Weapon X one tho...gonna have to wait and see.
    the weapon x series is by the creative team of the get mystique arc in wolverine, the one prior to old man logan. I dug that, and this is supposed to be hardcore logan without excessive continuity. but spider-woman should be sick, bendis (whe he's not doing cosmic or epic stuff) and maleev is a good combination... their daredevil run was classic.

ya i liked get mystique alot actually, so ok, i guess im a bit more enthused now..eloels.

ya i liked get mystique alot actually, so ok, i guess im a bit more enthused now..eloels.
    cool...

dude, you need to start getting thunderbolts if you're not...i just read the new issue...more corrupt norman osborn goodness,and an appearance by obama that served a narrative purpose...if you like dark avengers, you definitely need to add this to your pulls, and go back and cop all the issues from the warren ellis-mike deodato run until now...good shit!

i did get it, Ant-Man is hilarious.

these were the only comics i read growing up. over and over.

^^^^^Death In The Family was one of the first comic I ever read, in a stack with Classic X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, and Avengers. Are you considering collecting now?

Default Final Crisis #7

Grant Morrison, all is forgiven. (seriously, how cool is this?)

I love that black Superman is president, and rocks the s-curl. And I would buy a series with him and Nubia. Good shit.

Billy Tan made New Avengers actually pretty good.

Crisis gave me such a headache...ugh, eloels. So cluttered.

Morrison is an asshole for the last page.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

man I tried to read FC 1-7 and all that happened was confusion

click the sig if you vatican status

This is pretty late but ive always slept on a lot of DC titles cuz i follow Marvel more...but i just picked up the TPB's Green Lantern - The Rebirth, and Green Lantern - Vol. 1 No Fear by Geoff Johns...just started reading seems pretty dope so far anyone read these?

^^^I've been meaning to get these since everyone says this series is great, but I never have the cash, and something else ends up catching my eye lol...I did read Rebirth and didn't really enjoy it besides the artwork, since it dealt more with retconning the whole parallax situation instead of telling it's own story (though it was well written) I'll have to cop these one day

As far as Final Crisis goes, (dusk and nakhi) if you read Superman Beyond and Batman Last Rites it makes the story generally easier to follow, but it was a cluttered mess...I did enjoy it more than Secret Invasion though, simply because it was less predictable and was far more ambitious...but as a whole the crossovers have been weak as fuck, as they don't tell a self contained and conclusive story...to me the only good crossover in the last few years was Annihilation (buy those 3 volumes if you haven't, this goes sdeblasi too, if you like Green Lantern this is scifi cosmic stuff so you'll probably enjoy it.) Probably because they had to work with less popular characters, it worked harder at telling a satisfying, conclusive, and self contained storyline. The sequel, Conquest, was good also, but if you want a quality superhero epic with high stakes, buy Annihilation. And it wasn't even hyped...all the mega hyped crossovers hve been garbage in my opinion. House of M sucked, Infinite Crisis was even more of a mess than Final Crisis, Civil War was disappointing, so was World War Hulk. Makes me wish more of these 'evets' were like Infinity Gauntlet, which just told an entertaining and epic story, self-contained, and wasn't worried about blowing up the status quo or setting up the next big event (which is something Marvel has been guilty of with all of its recent crossovers, except Annihilation...Civil War, World War Hulk, Messiah Complex, and Secret Invasion all had me going 'that's it? wtf?'.

nakhi, you have to tell me where that psylocke picture is from lol.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 01-30-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Morrison is an asshole for the last page.
    i know...how the hell is Bats going to get out of that one? How did he end up there for that matter? This is what I'm talking about when I say these things refuse to tell a complete story and just set up more 'events'.

war of kings slap fight

preview of the 1st issue
    http://cosmicbooknews.com/WOK_1pv