Page 98 of 220 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3299

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

whats that about... looks nice

thinks it from this Batman Vs. Robin arc thats comin up...honestley...im with Morrison all the way with his Batman shit...this has been (along with Green lantern) the most fun ive had reading comics in a while. and i wish SOG was just the regular batman title.

btw im sure im not the only that notices the similarities b/w whats goin on with cap and batman....shot with a special gun...trapped in another time...being brought back..etc.

and does anyone have the Jack Kirby fourth world omnibus'? (omnibi? eloels) are they worth getting quality wise?

nation x had a bunch of small short stories.

iceman cracking jokes on namor. he also made an ice sculpture of him and a dolphin which looked like they were gonna kiss.

omnibus/es seems like they are top tier in terms of quality? i remember seeing the spiderman looking like a huge dictionary. arent they like a 100 bucks at the stores? i know you can find them for cheaper online..

apparently this one is flimsy so idk

you can beat someone to death with the omnibus.

with the kirby one? eloels.

yup

^^^really? i heard the dc omnibi(omniboo?) are lighter and have shitter paper than the marvel ones...the swamp thing hardcover has awful paper, a step above newsprint, so if it's anything like that i wouldn't buy it...also kirby's writing is kind of clunky even compared to other silver age material...the concepts, art and designs are fantastic though, from the shit i've read (some mister miracle and new gods)

was the jae lee inhumans series ever collected as a hardcover? all i have is a beat up trade i bought years ago and have subsequently never read because of how weathered it is. that was a classic series though.

btw im sure im not the only that notices the similarities b/w whats goin on with cap and batman....shot with a special gun...trapped in another time...being brought back..etc.
    they are superficially similar, batman's going through the omega sanction, living new lives while cap is reliving moments of his life...batman shot a magic bullet, cap is shot by a magic bullet...it's all ripping off slaughterhouse five really lol

necrosha and blackest night is more similar though

did nation x #1 feature allred art? i know he's doing one of the stories. I'll buy that one lol

wha wha wha wha WHAT???? y am i always asleep on allred news? eloels.

which omnibus are we talking about? cause im thinking about the spider-man one for some reason

ok. i didnt see see. lol at me -_-

^^^the spidey one is ginormous...too big really...the criminal one is the perfect size.

Frank Miller's 300 sequel Xerxes to depict Battle of Marathon

Xerxes, from "300"

Nestled in this Los Angeles Times article about the resurgence of Greek mythology in popular entertainment just may be the first official details of Frank Miller's sequel to his 1998 miniseries-turned-2007 box-office hit 300.
    Previous reports had indicated that the new graphic novel, which would be used as the basis for another movie, is set between the Battle of Thermopylae and the Battle of Plataea, shown at the end of 300.
    However, according to the LA Times article, the follow-up is now titled Xerxes -- Xerxes I of Persia is the antagonist of 300 -- and takes place 10 years before Thermopylae.
    “It’s the Battle of Marathon through my lens,” Miller told the newspaper last week. “I’ve finished the plot and I’m getting started on the artwork.”
    Among the criticisms levied against 300 is Miller's depiction of Xerxes as an inhumanly tall, bejeweled androgynous figure at the head of a near-demonic horde.
    The Battle of Marathon marked the end of Persia's first invasion of Greece, triggered by the involvement of Athens and Eretria in revolts by several regions in Asia Minor against Persian rule. Xerxes' father Darius I was the ruler of Persia at the time of the conflict.
    (Via ComingSoon.net)