Thread: If You Like Live Instruments and Love The Wu look in here

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

Default If You Like Live Instruments and Love The Wu look in here

Think Differently, an indie off-shoot of the Wu empire, recently released the 2005 gig that half the Wu-Tang Clan (GZA, Raekwon, Deck, U-God) played with live funk band the El Michaels Affair.
    It’s one of the very few noteworthy live hip hop albums, and is worth tracking down for the Staxed-up succession of Clan classics and solo tracks (even the cut from U-God’s Golden Arms: Redemption works out), but also for the between-song banter. In particular, Raekwon reveals himself as the temperance arm of the Wu, needling U-God for knocking back too much “apple cider”, and suggesting that his fellow rappers are “drinking cups like it’s the Gulf War.” He also suggests that the El Michaels Affair are “on some Scooby-Doo shit”, and that the Wu will soon be wearing silk, playing Vegas, and generally being “the Tony Bennetts of rap.” Cider, the Wu-Tang Clan and Tony Bennett are three of GMS’ favourite things. I can’t comment on Vegas, but my buddy Double S went there for his honeymoon, and said it was “fine as fuck”, or something along those lines.

http://galacticmysterysolvers.blogsp...with-tony.html

cannot post the whole LP cause it is for sale at various outlets but check the link for snippets

click the sig if you vatican status

is this the thanksgiving one where raekwon goes 'gobble gobble gobble' hahahahahahahaha yea its a good listen didnt have the cover though thanks for that
    say you got hoes, you pry got hoes in yo socks

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Thanx NAKHI..... Seems god shyt....

P.E.A.C.E.

that shit is off the hook right there

seen it in a store not too long ago, wanted to cop it, but it was too expensive

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

it is well worth it shit is fire...plus the adlibs are hilarious..........Rae and U-God be talking some funny shit

click the sig if you vatican status

This was put up for free a long time ago, fuck buying it.

If they did a studio album with the el michaels affair performing a "best of" it would be pretty awesome though.

Veteran Member

Oh.

I've seen this in shops loads of times...more often than not, they're the only Clan 'albums' for sale at those HMVs.

Always wondered what it was.