Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9th Prince interview: he explains Killarmy situation, beef with Dom P & who is wu-fam

Banned

Default 9th Prince interview: he explains Killarmy situation, beef with Dom P & who is wu-fam

Wu-International: Peace 9th, how are you?
    9th Prince: I'm good, just trying to put that work in, and stay on point.

Wu-International: Your album Prince of New York is getting re-released again via Babygrande records on the 11th, how did that come about?
    9th Prince: When I was incarcerated babygrande got at my manager Anti and wanted
    to be apart of the movement, but the deal didn't go though until I came home from jail.

Wu-International: I have to say the album is solid and have been hailed as an underground
    classic by the fans, how are you feeling about the release?
    9th Prince: I feel great, and I love the album. The 9th Prince love to make music people can feel and appreciate. The album shows growth vocally and my flow is illa, Like Rakim, 9th prince get stronger as I Get older.

Wu-International: It was initially rumoured to be coming out via Chambermusik, was there any reason why you went with Babygrande instead?
    9th Prince: Cash rules everything around me. That's all.
    Wu-International: Is this a joint venture between your label Armyourself Entertainment or are you signed to Babygrande as an artist?
    9th Prince: Its a joint venture.
    Wu-International: Its amazing how well the songs were done and put together, this project was initially put out while you were inside, how did you manage to put it out independently without being around?
    9th Prince: My manager Anti got all my material together and made it happen. Next thing happen you know independent distributors started hollering.

Wu-International: We assume the songs were recorded before you went in, the new release includes 6 bonus songs, are these newly recorded songs or songs from your archives?
    9th Prince: One of the bonus tracks I had before I went to jail. The others are brand new bangers.
    Wu-International: It is remarkable how timeless these recordings are, how old is the oldest song on the album?
    9th Prince: 4 and a half years old, but killarmy we are always ahead of our time.

Wu-International: You must have a stack of unreleased music in your archives, will you still be putting some of them out?
    9th Prince: Right now I'm more focused on putting new shit out right now.

Wu-International: Are there any unreleased songs that you think is hot but not yet out that you would like to share with us?
    9th Prince: There's a couple that I don't think the world is ready for yet, so I will keep em stashed. Everything is timing.

Wu-International: Vandalism featuring Tekitha is one of my favourite songs off the album, do you have any favourites from the list and which would be your first single?
    9th Prince: I love the whole album every song is my favourite. The first single is called shut your mouth its straight fire, it talks about how I am taking hip-hop back from the dirty south.

Wu-International: Why was the song "Banned from the Radio" left out the retail release?
    9th Prince: It had the John Lennon sample, and no one can really sample the Beatles

Wu-International: It was interesting to see Dom Pachino on your album, especially as word was you were both not on speaking terms, how did the reunion come about and who initiated it?
    9th Prince: We will always be brothers and sometimes family fight, and that was 0ne of them situations, but we build and that was a wrap, so here we are back together like furs and leathers.

Wu-International: Its also good to see you featured on the new Dom Pachino project, the fans have been yelling for this, why did you call the album "Prince Of New York"?
    9th Prince: Well, every black man by nature is a king Or prince, and right now I am dealing with high principles on a high standard level, and also the king of New York is dead (Big) so its just me 9th prince.. prince of New York left.

Wu-International: The cover art of your album came out before RZA's Bobby Digital Digi Snax album; fans noticed the similarities between the covers, what's your view on this?
    9th Prince: Well the person who did the artwork did mines first and then he did Rza's art work, so that was a bad move on his behalf.
    Wu-International: Speaking of The RZA, fans wanted to know why there was not a
    RZA produced joint on the album?
    9th Prince: Its not a problem getting a Rza track, its Just that I be doing me and he be doing him. we both be in our own worlds but if u check the granddaddy flow album I have to songs with RZA on there. Maybe one day we will do a whole album together called blood-brothers.
    Wu-International: Since you came out have you done any form of collaboration with The Abbott?9th Prince: We didn't do any collabs yet but we kick it all the time.

Wu-International: Let's talk about your first album "Granddaddy Flow", that is a classic right there, I have seen it sold on eBay for $100.00 and more as it is out of print, was it a conscious decision on your part to press a limited amount and if so, why?
    9th Prince: When the granddaddy flow was about to take off I caught a case, and everything was put on hold.

Wu-International: Would you be looking to press more copies or re-release it again?
    9th Prince: I will be re/ releasing it in 2010 with granddaddy flow part 2 as a double disk.

Wu-International: What is Granddaddy Flow?
    9th Prince: The granddaddy flow is a slang, also a way of life, the way you dress, your game that you run on a female. The way you spit lyrics.

Wu-International: Fans reckon you are one of the few if not the only one that is keeping that true Wu sound alive in your projects in regards to sound, subject matters and so on, how have you managed to stay focused and not follow trends that is common in hip-hop these days?
    9th Prince: Its just in me naturally. I live and breath hip-hop. The whole killarmy movement I started and put together. That militant idea is all mines, a lot of fans I think doesn't know. I am cut from a different cloth, so I will always be real hip-hop and continue the sound that real hip-hop heads will always love and continue to support.

Wu-International: You were featured on Cilvaringz's "Valentine Day Massacre" and your verse there was sick, what is your creative process like, how do you approach a song?
    9th Prince: l have to hear the music and just go with how I am feeling. I be in a Rakim and kool g rap state of mind all the time.

Wu-International: You have a very unique style that's is not seen or duplicated in hip-hop, how would you describe your style if any?
    9th Prince: My style is different, because how I hear the music, I had an off beat flow when I started, but the voice and vocab was so crazy it made u listen whether you like the flow or not, and that alone Is science which make me an mc scientist. But lately the flow has been
    changing because gods nature is very swift and changeable. The flow is on beat more and calm.

Wu-International: Who would you say are your influences both lyrically and style wise as an MC?
    9th Prince: I love music and hip hop is not only my influence. But Rakim, Kane, krs, biz, Slick Rick, Superlover c, Wu-Tang , blue magic, old scool r/b is what I love.

Wu-International: There have been recent talks of a Killarmy album, how possible is this and could you please give us more details about the status or situation of the group?
    9th Prince: The new killarmy album is on its way, right now me, Dom, Islord, Kinetic are puttin it together, but it won't be out until 2010. We are waiting for killersin and Shogun to come home to finish it. But right now everyone is working on solo projects.
    Wu-International: We understand due to some legal reasons there might be some questions you might not want to answer and so on, so please feel free to ignore or delete them, what were you in for?
    9th Prince: I was accused of a robbery.

Wu-International: How did you feel when you were sentenced?
    9th Prince: I felt like my whole world crashing. But what don't kill you only make you stronger.

Wu-International: How did you keep yourself busy or what did you spend most of
    your free time on?
    9th Prince: I worked out, did a lot of reading and stayed focus.

Wu-International: Where you able to keep up to date with the rap game and if so which artists where you feeling inside?
    9th Prince:
    We have B.E.T. so I watched a lot of videos, I was feeling more r/b then hip-hop.

Wu-International: We assumed you would be doing a lot of writing, how did you manage to keep your creative juices flowing in such a negative environment?
    9th Prince: I am always in a 94 state of mind so I mix it a little with what is goin on today.

Wu-International: What would you say you have learnt from your experience inside?
    9th Prince: Try not to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Wu-International: What was the first thing you did or wanted to do when you came out?
    9th Prince: You know the answer to that.

Wu-International: Thanks for those questions, back to the music, what aspect of the game did you miss the most, recording, touring/stage shows,
    videos, groupies etc?
    9th Prince: All of that Wu-International: You lost your cousin during this time, Ol' Dirty Bastard,
    what is your take on this and how has it affected you?
    9th Prince: ODB was the greatest and it wasn't his time to go. I miss ODB and
    sometimes I catch myself acting like him.

Wu-International: Questions have always been pouring in in-regards to you and what your whereabouts by fans all over, how do you feel to have a
    strong cult following?
    9th Prince: Well I am home now, I been home for 5 months now. Its good to have fans loving my music, cause its real and something u can feel.

Wu-International: You must have heard of the public fall out within the clan members, what's your take on this?
    9th Prince: Like I said before family fight, but its nothing serious.

Wu-International: Have you heard "The 8 Diagrams", what did you think of it?
    9th Prince: I have not heard the album, but I know its fire.

Wu-International: Killa Bee members and affiliates have made diss songs towards the Wu and some of its members, most notably members from GP Wu such as Rubbabandz who featured on your Granddaddy Flow album, how do you feel about this and what's your current relationship with Bandz?
    9th Prince: When I came home, I asked bands about that, his response was out of emotions. That's what he said, its nothing though. We still cool.

Wu-International: Apart from your Killarmy brothers, who within the killa bee circle would you say you build with on a regular?
    9th Prince: Shyheim and Sunz of Man. Everybody else I don't consider Wu-Tang .

Wu-International: GZA recently responded to 50 Cent's diss on Paper plate but prior to this Wu and its affiliates are not best known to retaliate, what's the 9th's position on responding to beefs?
    9th Prince: Who ever bring it to 9thprince is going to feel it for real. Killarmy is not an act. I been doing songs dissing other mcs But the label never released it. Here's an example, that song "dooms day" on dirty weaponry, with holocaust/Warcloud I was on that song but the label took my verse off because I was shitting on a lot of mc's at that time. Who ever was out in 98 I was dissin them.

Wu-International: Speaking of Holocaust, what's the story of the much talked about fight both of you had?
    9th Prince: ....

Wu-International: Thanks for all the answers, so what's next in line for 9th Prince after this album is released?
    9th Prince: I got the revenge of 9thprince album finally coming out in 09, I am going to be in this game for a long time because I am hip-hop.

Wu-International: Anything else you might want to add on before we end this interview that we have not covered yet?
    9th Prince: Yes, a lot of people think I am still incarcerated, but I am home now., and a lot of things are about to change.
    Wu-International: Thanks ever so much, Wish you the best of luck with everything and welcome back home, On behalf of Wu-International and all the fans worldwide we like to say PEACE!!!
    9th Prince: Thank u and all the fans and keep supporting killarmy and Wu-Tang .

_

Good interview, thanks for postin'.

Aight, they're waiting for Killa Sin and Shogun.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

did he just not address the holocaust fight question or wat?
    We do it for the people.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Man, I love this dude. Lol at the killa bee answer tho, wasn't expecting that
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    did he just not address the holocaust fight question or wat?
    I remember reading or hearing some Killa Bee acting tough but getting his ass kicked.

I thought that was 2 members of Killarmy though.

Might be Holocaust - 9th Prince.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Nice interview, he's my favourite rapper from Killarmy and he still keeps it real....

I wanna hear 9th's verse that was cut from Doomz Day.

holocaust whooped his ass with a limp leg,thats preety embarassing so i can understand him avoiding the question,9th prince is the man tho so thankx for the interview

^ lol yea thats what i heard
    We do it for the people.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Prince/Wu-International
    9th Prince: Its not a problem getting a Rza track, its Just that I be doing me and he be doing him. we both be in our own worlds but if u check the granddaddy flow album I have to songs with RZA on there. Maybe one day we will do a whole album together called blood-brothers.[/SIZE]

-Nice to hear.

Wu-International: Let's talk about your first album "Granddaddy Flow", that is a classic right there[..]

-Fo sho'?

Never heard it.

Wu-International: You must have heard of the public fall out within the clan members, what's your take on this?
    9th Prince: Like I said before family fight, but its nothing serious.

-By this point, I think it is.

Or have they made up? I've been off the music scene for a while now.

Wu-International: Have you heard "The 8 Diagrams", what did you think of it?

9th Prince: I have not heard the album, but I know its fire.

-lol, Dumb answer, but nice to see it has some supporters...:S.

Wu-International: Apart from your Killarmy brothers, who within the killa bee circle would you say you build with on a regular?
    9th Prince: Shyheim and Sunz of Man. Everybody else I don't consider Wu-Tang.

-Wrong answer.
    And there you go.
    Last edited by -The A to the Z-; 11-06-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

LOL yeah I heard that too. Whatever the case this was a nice interview. Sinfullycute is giving the wrong info out from what I'm seeing and hearing. I want to hear that 9th verse on doomsday so bad, I was reading the booklet awhile ago and noticed it said his name was on the credits. Dope interview
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

youtube
    We do it for the people.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

FRESH FISH

thx for the interview.
    he didnt mentioned 4th as a killarmy member...mhm