Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volito/calle 13/Tego

yeah sorry i didn't know that gangsters don't dance thanks for clearing that up for me buddy lol

Just Dont Let It Happen Again Ok Lol Nah Im Kiddin.. Peace Yo...

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Banned

open your mind skampoe

I agree with Skampoe, except for the distinction between Puerto Rican Hip Hop and Reggaeton. Reggaeton, or "Underground" as it is known to Cacos, is a sub-genre of Hip Hop. It incorporates elements of American Hip Hop with Jamaican Dancehall. The artists Skampoe says he doesn't like do not incorporate either, rather they incorporate Pop music with the "Dem-Bow" riddim, a mixture of which commercial audiences worldwide have been fooled into thinking is Reggaeton.

Don Omar, Rakim y KenY, Wisin y Yandel, etc., are all pop-artists, not Reggaeton artists no matter what they or their record labels claim. Daddy Yankee is a pop-Hip Hop artist (and an authentic Reggaeton artist when he wants to be) the same as all Hip Hop is currently pop. The difference between him and these other artists is we know where he came from, and we occasionally see that in his music, while these other pop artists try to emulate Ricky Martin.

Mexicano, Lito y Polaco, Tempo, Nengo Flow, etc. are all Reggaeton artists... only we can tell them apart from the bubble-gum-Reggae-pop wannabes. When you talk about a distinction between the two in Puerto Rico, we say "Caco" to people like Mexicano, and "Maricon" to people like Don Omar.