Thread: The fact that Obama isnt the Son Of A Slave?....

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default The fact that Obama isnt the Son Of A Slave?....

I mean, it doesnt effect the fact, from a racial relations point of view in America, that its great moment for USA societies evolution that he got elected.

But when people keep referring to the blacks of "america long hard struggle through civil rights movement, jesse jackson etc etc". This actually has nothing to do with Barack Obama. He has had no connections with slavery or USA's past in his history, he just happens to be half Kenyan. Most slaves came from the other side of Africa, west africa. Why is he connected to USA's past all the time, because whats it got to do with him?

Why do white people put ALL black or African people into the "former slaves" bracket?

Again, for the country of USA, the history of USA, its a huge moment. But Obama just happens to be dark skinned.

Its like, if a half-Japanese guy got elected in the next 20 years, would that be redemption for all the Chinese railroad workers of America in the 19th century? NOPE! Japan has nothing really to do with China, those races just tend to look slightly similar. Kenya has nothing to do with Nigeria.

ICE/C.R.E.A.M

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

hes blacker than black. straight out the motherland
    We do it for the people.

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    I mean, it doesnt effect the fact, from a racial relations point of view in America, that its great moment for USA societies evolution that he got elected.

But when people keep referring to the blacks of "america long hard struggle through civil rights movement, jesse jackson etc etc". This actually has nothing to do with Barack Obama. He has had no connections with slavery or USA's past in his history, he just happens to be half Kenyan. Most slaves came from the other side of Africa, west africa. Why is he connected to USA's past all the time, because whats it got to do with him?

Why do white people put ALL black or African people into the "former slaves" bracket?

Again, for the country of USA, the history of USA, its a huge moment. But Obama just happens to be dark skinned.

Its like, if a half-Japanese guy got elected in the next 20 years, would that be redemption for all the Chinese railroad workers of America in the 19th century? NOPE! Japan has nothing really to do with China, those races just tend to look slightly similar. Kenya has nothing to do with Nigeria.

ICE/C.R.E.A.M

You are right that Kenya has nothing to do with Nigeria. However, slavery has nothing to do with why this is a big step forward for the United States.

Of course, you, personally, are Eurotrash who has no idea what it means for our country.

Black people in America, regardless of which African nation they descended from, or slave ancestry, have been, and to some extent, still are, unfairly treated because of the color of their skin.

The fact that the majority of the people elected a black person, is simply a positive step in the right direction.

It doesn't make up for slavery. Nothing will make up for slavery, and to be quite honest, making up for slavery is nobody's top priority.

Does England have to make up for taxation without representation?

Did Spain have to make up for the Inquisition?

Quit trying to read too much into it.

It is good that a black man is president, in that he was voted in because America decided that he was the best man for the job.

It doesn't mean that things are perfect, but it is a step in the right direction. I would think that it would mean even more to older black people in this country.

But you wouldn't understand, a) because you've never lived in America, and b) because you're stupid.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

^ lmao cosign everything
    We do it for the people.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irondan1 View Post
    You are right that Kenya has nothing to do with Nigeria. However, slavery has nothing to do with why this is a big step forward for the United States.

Of course, you, personally, are Eurotrash who has no idea what it means for our country.

Black people in America, regardless of which African nation they descended from, or slave ancestry, have been, and to some extent, still are, unfairly treated because of the color of their skin.

The fact that the majority of the people elected a black person, is simply a positive step in the right direction.

It doesn't make up for slavery. Nothing will make up for slavery, and to be quite honest, making up for slavery is nobody's top priority.

It is good that a black man is president, in that he was voted in because America decided that he was the best man for the job.

It doesn't mean that things are perfect, but it is a step in the right direction. I would think that it would mean even more to older black people in this country.

But you wouldn't understand, a) because you've never lived in America, and b) because you're stupid.

You already repeated what I was saying anyway. I wasnt talking about the fact that it wasnt a great moment because he was black, im saying tying him into EVERYTHING african american related just because he is half kenyan seems odd to me. He isnt like the majority of african americans who ARE sons of slaves, it would be a different thing then I said.

dont come at me with youre not american thing, im mixed race myself, i know what it means, and ive spent alot of time in America, i got an idea.

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

I know what you're saying, and I think it would be unfair to black people to generalize the African-American experience.

Every individual is different. All white people are not the same, either.

However, I think that if he had been the son of a slave, the situation would be no more or no less monumental.

His election, in itself, is not necessarily a symbol that everything is now perfect in regards to race relations, but it is at the very least an indicator of progress.

As far as not being American, I am simply saying that it is impossible to really understand the American ethos or American experience, unless you are in fact an American who has spent most of your life in America.

For example, I could visit England or read articles about England, or Kenya, or Australia, and maybe I could create some informed opinions, but I still would not be in the position to fully understand their society.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Irondan sonning the white european Ghostlace was correct.

when racism doles out its ugly head it doesn't to a spot check on whos ancestors were slaves or not, if you're black you're black

Obama claims to be black but one of his parents was white. If you're mixed race you are what you are, but you're not black or white. I've kind of forgotten my point here.
    Its strange though how some blacks and jews who can't say they've experienced the shit their forefathers did talk about it like it has something to do with them in any way other than an abstract, learnt in school kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Obama claims to be black but one of his parents was white. If you're mixed race you are what you are, but you're not black or white. I've kind of forgotten my point here.
    Its strange though how some blacks and jews who can't say they've experienced the shit their forefathers did talk about it like it has something to do with them in any way other than an abstract, learnt in school kind of way.
    so your saying his dad is black but hes not black. makes no sense.

these euro cats dont know what theyre talking about
    We do it for the people.

^^^^^for real. theres some that dont act so stupid tho

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    so your saying his dad is black but hes not black. makes no sense.
    No i'm saying hes black and white or hes neither. You can't conveniently claim different parts of your heritage and ignore others. Yeah europeans are all idiots and its funny how about half of america is descended from europeans.

Banned

All this proves is that America is on a liberal slide, and its more an indication of the Republican party under Bush losing so much prestige that people have become absolutely fed up with them.

IS it significant? Yes, it is a significant moment in US HISTORY. I laugh when people say this is significant in WORLD HISTORY as if a black man has never been in a position of power before.

It is proof that all american whites are not these racist rednecks that they are generalized to be abroad.
    Its good for all Americans...........IF Obama is a good president. If he is as bad as Bush, than we are all screwed.
    Bush was incompetent, one of the worst we've had since the 20's and going back to Ulysses Grant.

i personally think he's the worst of all time, and im not just saying that out of hate cuase i dont hate him he's cool, but he lost at everything.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Default Go

Quote Originally Posted by Irondan1 View Post

big up brother...well said
    ________
    KDX400A
    Last edited by prrra718; 01-21-2011 at 04:27 AM.