Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars: Is it a hip hop Classic?

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    PEACE 2 MY 5 STAR CAMOFLAGE NINJAS DRESSED TO KILL UNDER THE FULL MOON IN THE SHELTER AND UNDER SIEGE SWINGING SWORDS WITH THEIR WAR FACE ON, ITS BLOOD FOR BLOOD IN THE CLASH OF THE TITANS. WAKE UP TO THE BURNING SEASON, ITS ALL FAIR, IN LOVE AND WAR, WE'RE WU RENEGADES, UNIVERSAL SOLDIERS, WHETHER ITS LOVE, HELL OR RIGHT, IT SEEMS IT NEVER FAILS......

post your favorite track off this classic

I think this matches up with other hardcore classics, it think its better than albums like Enta Da Stage or Dah Shinin and other albums that are more widely considered classics. They got overshadowed by Wu at the time. People just looked at them like a Wu spin off, and werent reallly listening to what was going on.

But the fact is they started all this MILITANT shit you se G Unit etc poppin off after them.

I also think 4th disciple hit his peak on this. I prefer the beats on SWFQW to Wu Forever. These beat are so rugged they could poke you eye out and shit. I think also this album is important because these beats were the last 2 RZA beats that he did in his original style, War Face had a little bit of Bob Digi coming thru but you could still imagine his 2 beats on any of the 6 first albums.
    this album is an underated certifield hip hop bonafied classic, that album was for the hood, truss me on that, thats who they were trying to reach wit that album, sick lyrics, bars, metaphors, similes and punchlines, wit gutta flows over vintage, concrete, gully, sicktrumentals, all day, everyday

the only album better than it that year in 97, to me yeah, is wu's wutang forever lp, truss me on that, that album is big, killarmy nigga, i still rinse that shit out, yes i do
    "get money by all means necessary"

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Fuckin classic album.. Gonna have to think a lil bit what's my fav track..

P.E.A.C.E.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    It's not a Hip-Hop classic. A Wu-Classic indeed..
    Thats it.

What you gotta realize is that the only people who WOULD consider it a hip-hop classic is some wu fans. Nothing wrong with that, its jus how it works

Let that not discourage this discussion, I fucking love this album.

Easily in my Top 10 Wu albums (solo, group, general, killa bee, whatever)

Dress to Kill is my favorite joint

I feel odd admiting this, I may have listened to that song more than ANY other song ever. Ever.

I dont kno what it is about it. Its so angry, so determined.

The beat is eerie. Brilliant intro. The whining strings mixed with the distant exlposions in the background leading up to the first verse sets the scene perfectly. And all 3 of the members on it seem pissed off with a vendetta

9th said "Razorblade stashed inside the Bible"

cmon man....

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    ^you are crazy nigga. everyoen one of your 625 posts is aimed at me.

when did i ever say i was american? never!! I rep birmingham from the start nigga!! I had birmingham, UK in my location profile for 2 years!! i dont know why you keep saying that, you asked where i was from, i told you birmingham, not alabama, I guess I exposed myself then, huh?
    Anyway we all know Great Britain has never been a part of Europe and never will.

Lol.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

its hard to rank underground albums as "classic" because most mufuckas dont even kno about it..... personally its one of my favorite albums tho

smoke in your eye

Hip Hop Classic...No

Wu Classic...Yes

Lyrics n Beats were superb although Shogun came a lil weak on a few tracks

Also sum1 explain to me when G-Unit has made attempts to be milliant?
    Did I miss sumthing?