Thread: DJ Premier To Executive Produce Forthcoming Royce Da 5'9" Album

Default DJ Premier To Executive Produce Forthcoming Royce Da 5'9" Album

Street Hop (yes, Royce is such a fan he jacked this sites name) is almost here! Detroit rapper, Royce Da 5'9", is looking to release his highly anticipated album in the first quarter of 2009 - although no official date as been announced.

Street Hop will now be released via his M.I.C. (Make It Count) imprint through a new deal with One Records.

"One Records is proud to be in business with Royce,” said the label’s owner, Hanley Halem. “He is an amazing talent and we feel that he has yet to reach his peak as an artist. Street Hop is a breath of fresh air, at a time when the industry really needs it and we are anxiously looking forward to releasing it."

The latest Nickel Nine release will be his fourth since unproductive deals with both Tommy Boy Records and Columbia Records led to the independent release of his 2002 debut Rock City (Version 2.0).

"I'm happy about my new partnership between M.I.C and One Records, because it's time to ignite the streets,” Royce said in a statement. “This album will definitely show the world why I'm the one to watch right now. I'm ready to show all these other rappers just how wack they really are."

The new album will be executive produced by DJ Premier, who provided Royce with “Boom”, the underground hit single from Rock City.

Additional production on Street Hop will come courtesy of Nottz, DJ Green Lantern, Carlos Broady, Ski, Kay Gee and Emile with guests appearances coming from Bun B, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz and Crooked I, to name a few.

Royce is also readying the release of a video for the album’s first single, “Shake This”, produced by DJ Premier.

The video will be directed by Rik Cordero, who recently directed clips by Nas, Q-Tip, Jadakiss, and Ace Hood.

Codero will also create the visual for Royce’s follow up single “Part of Me,” which was produced by Carlos Broady.
    http://www.streethop.com/rapnews/156...-59-album.html

Premo is the 2nd greatest producer of all time. I like Royce's music. Can't wait for the album to drop.

This is great news.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Nice that he'll use Ski, he can hold his ground with the greatest,

Premo is the 2nd greatest producer of all time.
    Who's 1st?
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

shake this is on it....good news.