Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ISLAM...some questions

PRODIGAL SUN

Default ISLAM...some questions

Muslims main selling point seems to be that they have a personal relationship with God..and that Christians/other faiths don't (or not to Islamic extent).

answer this please...then WHY did Mohammed speak to Angel Gabriel and not God directly? unlike the Christian prophets who spoke directly to God...(Moses, Jesus, Noah etc)...who was this angel that gave Mohamed the scriptures? was it his imagination? Holuscination? A demon?...heck,maybe it was Angel Gabriel..but how can we be sure?

Question 2. Islam forbids pictures of prophets/saints...Because it replaces worshipping God with pictures of Men...but why can't we remember people who made an impact on humanity? its like saying i have to throw away all my photo's of my friends because i might turn stupid and start worshipping them? all im doing is remembering them...why isnt this ok?

Question 3. Sorry...i have to come back to this one...the whole "If a woman is rebellious, part beds with her and then Beat her"...in the Quran. I cant get past it....it just sounds so wrong...How can Allah be so peaceful in some Surahs and then come across so blood thirsty in others?

and my BIGGEST ONE

We have certain testimony from Ancient historians that Jesus WAS crucified (in and outa the bible)...pagans, Romans, arabs and Jewish historians attest to this...many from the time. I could get names right now..but i cant be fucked. Josephus Flavious comes to mind...who was not Christian...but after actually seeing Jesus wrote something along the lines of "He was indeed, King of the Jews...and the Son Of God"....this was a professional Historian...not a religious man...he wrote in the Jewish Antiquities...not in the Bible.
    Anyway, so if we have all this testimony and evidence from Historians...why can Mohammed come around 540 years later and say "no, Jesus wasnt crucified in this manor". What gives him the right and knowledge to speak on events about 540 before his time? Cause he apparently spoke to an angel? again...who was this angel? i personally think Islam was a great way to unite the tribes in the Arab lands under one banner...Mohammed was a genious for this reason.
    Why did the Jews (the original christians)..the most monothestic people at the time...for some reason, all of a sudden after the crucifiction snap outa their depression (over Jesus dying - 12 apostles im talkin about) and go spread the word that Jesus had Risen? how was an entire religion spawned out of the hardline judaism faith? they MUST have seen something that was unexplainable - like a man Dying then rising again. How else would Jews alter their faith and spawn an entire new one? unless something big happened

i typed this up in abut 5 min...so excuse the errors...if you muslims or whatever feel you can proove me wrong or answer these...be my guest..im curious to know your thoughts on the matter

Last comment...the difference between the two

In Australia there was this Turkish girl who made the news. She told her parents she converted to Christianity...the father literally tried to kill her...he pulled out a knife...and then the mother tried to wrestle it off him but she died instead of the daughter...and the astonishing part...the father was a DOCTOR! an educated man...yet something about his faith/upbringing/culture made him react this way
    Another muscian i know...from Uzbekistan (His name is Attila..the most amazing violin player ive heard ever) converted to Christianity...he and his wife had to leave their country and re-settle because their own cmmunity and family were trying to kill them...

NOW
    i know a girl (im dating her) she is Chillian and became a muslim about 5 years ago...when she became Muslim..her parents (christian) were dissapointed..but in the ened respected her choice and still love her. Do you see the difference here? Christians can turn Islamic and we eventually accept it...but when muslims turn Christian...the gota leave their entire lives behind outa fear

thank you
    Last edited by sarr; 11-12-2008 at 06:27 AM.
    "Me and every other sane hip hop fan and critic knows that pac has no classics."
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by sarr View Post
    Muslims main selling point seems to be that they have a personal relationship with God..and that Christians/other faiths don't (or not to Islamic extent).

answer this please...then WHY did Mohammed speak to Angel Gabriel and not God directly? unlike the Christian prophets who spoke directly to God...(Moses, Jesus, Noah etc)...who was this angel that gave Mohamed the scriptures? was it his imagination? Holuscination? A demon?...heck,maybe it was Angel Gabriel..but how can we be sure?
    The Quran states that it was Gabriel.

Question 2. Islam forbids pictures of prophets/saints...Because it replaces worshipping God with pictures of Men...but why can't we remember people who made an impact on humanity? its like saying i have to throw away all my photo's of my friends because i might turn stupid and start worshipping them? all im doing is remembering them...why isnt this ok?
    Islam does not forbid pictures. Dumb "muslims" do cuz they follow a set of other books (hadith) which call for that.

Question 3. Sorry...i have to come back to this one...the whole "If a woman is rebellious, part beds with her and then Beat her"...in the Quran. I cant get past is....it just sounds so wrong...How can Allah be so peaceful in some Surahs and then come across so blood thirsty in others?
    That word was mistranslated. It should be translated as "expel" (from the house). Popular translations of the Quran were not done by muslims.

and by BIGGEST ONE

We have certain testimony from Ancient historians that Jesus WAS crucified...pagans, Romans, arabs and Jewish historians attest to this...many from the time. I could get names right now..but i cant be fucked. Josephus Flavious comes to mind...who was not Christian...but after actually seeing Jesus wrote something along the lines of "He was indeed, King of the Jews...and the Son Of God"....
    Anyway, so if we have all this testimony from Historians...why can Mohammed come around 540 years later and say "no, Jesus wasnt crucified in this manor". Why gives him the right and knowledge to speak on events about 540 before his time?
    Why did the Jews (the original christians)..the most monothestic people at the time...for some reason, all of a sudden after the crucifiction snap outa their depression (over Jesus dying - 12 apostles im talkin about) and go spread the word that Jesus had Risen? how was an entire religion spawned out of the hardline judaism faith? they MUST have seen something that was unexplainable
    According to the Quran, it (the Quran) is a message confirming previous ones (bible and torah) and completing it. Jesus would have to be refered to to refute the claim of Jesus being the son of God and to set right the nature of his death.

The Quran said, if my memory is correct, that Jesus was not killed, but a man who looked like Jesus was. Jesus died a normal death.[/quote]
    Last edited by diggy; 11-12-2008 at 06:45 AM.

interesting

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

diggy droppin jewels on you funny smart dumb cats
    We do it for the people.

Question 3. Sorry...i have to come back to this one...the whole "If a woman is rebellious, part beds with her and then Beat her"...in the Quran. I cant get past it....it just sounds so wrong...How can Allah be so peaceful in some Surahs and then come across so blood thirsty in others?

and my BIGGEST ONE

We have certain testimony from Ancient historians that Jesus WAS crucified (in and outa the bible)...pagans, Romans, arabs and Jewish historians attest to this...many from the time. I could get names right now..but i cant be fucked. Josephus Flavious comes to mind...who was not Christian...but after actually seeing Jesus wrote something along the lines of "He was indeed, King of the Jews...and the Son Of God"....this was a professional Historian...not a religious man...he wrote in the Jewish Antiquities...not in the Bible.
    Anyway, so if we have all this testimony and evidence from Historians...why can Mohammed come around 540 years later and say "no, Jesus wasnt crucified in this manor". What gives him the right and knowledge to speak on events about 540 before his time? Cause he apparently spoke to an angel? again...who was this angel? i personally think Islam was a great way to unite the tribes in the Arab lands under one banner...Mohammed was a genious for this reason.
    Why did the Jews (the original christians)..the most monothestic people at the time...for some reason, all of a sudden after the crucifiction snap outa their depression (over Jesus dying - 12 apostles im talkin about) and go spread the word that Jesus had Risen? how was an entire religion spawned out of the hardline judaism faith? they MUST have seen something that was unexplainable - like a man Dying then rising again. How else would Jews alter their faith and spawn an entire new one? unless something big happened

i typed this up in abut 5 min...so excuse the errors...if you muslims or whatever feel you can proove me wrong or answer these...be my guest..im curious to know your thoughts on the matter

Last comment...the difference between the two

In Australia there was this Turkish girl who made the news. She told her parents she converted to Christianity...the father literally tried to kill her...he pulled out a knife...and then the mother tried to wrestle it off him but she died instead of the daughter...and the astonishing part...the father was a DOCTOR! an educated man...yet something about his faith/upbringing/culture made him react this way
    Another muscian i know...from Uzbekistan (His name is Attila..the most amazing violin player ive heard ever) converted to Christianity...he and his wife had to leave their country and re-settle because their own cmmunity and family were trying to kill them...

NOW
    i know a girl (im dating her) she is Chillian and became a muslim about 5 years ago...when she became Muslim..her parents (christian) were dissapointed..but in the ened respected her choice and still love her. Do you see the difference here? Christians can turn Islamic and we eventually accept it...but when muslims turn Christian...the gota leave their entire lives behind outa fear

thank you
    Haha ok I'ma try and answer these questions..

First of all, the Angel Gabriel came to Muhammad (to give him [Muhammad] the last revelation) who was sent by God. The Prophets you mentioned are not 'christian Prophets'; they are Prophets of God.

Secondly, pictures are not forbidden however pictures of God are considered shirk* as rendering images of Him is impossible. Pictures of Prophets are disliked, I do not know if this is completely forbidden or not.

With regards to your third question, I do not know what you are talking about here, produce the references (to the Sura) and I will get back to you.

Fourthly, sir; it is not clear what your question is, I apologise. I can see the points you are making however I'm not going to comment on them until I can be sure of the question, get me?

-

*shirk would be concept of polytheism specifically, however it is much broader than that. A more general way refers to worshipping other than God, associating partners with him, giving his characteristics to other than him, or not believing in his characteristics, etc.

peace.
    Last edited by Cee Oh Vee; 11-12-2008 at 12:43 PM.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    The Quran states that it was Gabriel.

Islam does not forbid pictures. Dumb "muslims" do cuz they follow a set of other books (hadith) which call for that.

That word was mistranslated. It should be translated as "expel" (from the house). Popular translations of the Quran were not done by muslims.

According to the Quran, it (the Quran) is a message confirming previous ones (bible and torah) and completing it. Jesus would have to be refered to to refute the claim of Jesus being the son of God and to set right the nature of his death.

The Quran said, if my memory is correct, that Jesus was not killed, but a man who looked like Jesus was. Jesus died a normal death.
    [/QUOTE]

1. I know they claim it was Gabriel...but you didnt answer my question...why couldnt Mohammed have a personal conversation with Allah like moses, Noah and Jesus did? why did Mohammed speak to Gabriel instead of God Himself? was it really gabriel? the Bible and Quran both say the Devil can take form as an angel...how do we not know that Mohammed spoke to a Demon? So if Muslims preach having a personal relationship with God...why couldnt their founder do the same?

2. Quran specifically states to "Beat" the wife if she is rebellious. Heres the quote;

"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme. Dawood[2]"

- verse 4:34

3. So a man who looked like Jesus was sent to trial, caused an uproar amongst the Jewish community...got the Roman authorities involved and nobody detected this at the time? sorry...but...ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?! bro...it was a pretty tight nit community at the time...people are gona know if your posing as somebody else. So his guy that looked like Christ...even fooled his mother? Cause Mary was said to have been crying when this all took place...damn they musta looked identical.

cmon...you know better
    Last edited by sarr; 11-12-2008 at 03:56 PM.
    "Me and every other sane hip hop fan and critic knows that pac has no classics."
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

3. So a man who looked like Jesus was sent to trial, caused an uproar amongst the Jewish community...got the Roman authorities involved and nobody detected this at the time? sorry...but...ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?! bro...it was a pretty tight nit community at the time...people are gona know if your posing as somebody else. So his guy that looked like Christ...even fooled his mother? Cause Mary was said to have been crying when this all took place...damn they musta looked identical.

cmon...you know better
    God's ability is limitless.

The man was not just 'posing' as Jesus. He was sent by God in Jesus' place and Jesus was brought to Paradise.

PRODIGAL SUN

If Gods ability is limitless...why cant Muslims comprehend that God Manifested himself into flesh..as Jesus Christ to show humans how they should act and treat eachother? Why is the concept of Trinity too much for muslims if Gods power is limitless?

Why did Mohammed not have the ability to perform miracles?
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

PRODIGAL SUN

and to add to the whole "God sent somebody to die for Jesus"...

so Allah sent an innocent man to be tortured for Jesus? why couldnt God just snatch Jesus up from earth into the heavens...and prevent the poor look alike for getting tortured in Christs place?

sounds pretty slack to me
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

Before you yet again come back with another rebuttal; try to truly understand, accept and believe that God's ability is limitless.

Why did Mohammed not have the ability to perform miracles?
    Jesus did not have the ability to perform miracles, sir. It never came from HIM. It came from GOD.

An important factor of understanding Tawhid (the oneness of God, or true monotheism) is 'La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah', there is no power or strength, except with Allah. This is something in which the christians do not have.

and to add to the whole "God sent somebody to die for Jesus"...

so Allah sent an innocent man to be tortured for Jesus? why couldnt God just snatch Jesus up from earth into the heavens...and prevent the poor look alike for getting tortured in Christs place?

sounds pretty slack to me
    This is where we get to the point I made at the beginning of my post regarding God's ability.

The 'man' in Jesus' place may not have been a man, in which case would eliminate your idea regarding 'the poor look alike... getting tortured'.

But also just imagine for a minute that it was in fact a man. He would have gone to the Garden!

And would therefore most definitely not be 'slack' at all!

One must bear in mind that this life in temporary and it is not a such a bad thing to die.

with peace.

PRODIGAL SUN

Lets say for a second that Jesus didnt perform the myracle...why didnt Allah ever perform a Myrcale for Mohammed and his cause? why did God only reserve this for Moses and Jesus but not the founder of Islam? Why couldnt God speak directly to Mohammed? Damn...what did Mohammed have to do to catch a break here?

Why have you not touched on the topic of the barbaric wife beating verse?
    If the Quran is infact Gods word...why is it so easy to mis interpret and thus we hv so many extremists today?

Edit; When one performs a myracle...its God working through them right? just wondering...did your prophet ever have the ability to do this or not? im asking a legit question here
    Last edited by sarr; 11-12-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

The bible says to not eat pork so y do christians eat pork? And jesus said he didn't want a new religion so why is there christiantiy?

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    The bible says to not eat pork so y do christians eat pork? And jesus said he didn't want a new religion so why is there christiantiy?

ive heard of these...could you kindly get me the actual quote?
    From what i understand...the old testament said to not eat Pork..and its encouraged to not eat it for Christians...not demanded. Basically...The New Testament is our updated version of the old testament...there were parts of the Old testemant Christ Himself didnt agree with.
    As with the new religion...again, with what im assuming is the part where Christ asks people not to falsy create a religion for the lust of power, profit and for material gain (a religion of material things). Sure many of the churches have taken advantage and gone against this request...but thats just what people do, they maniupulate and take advantage where they can,...its human nature. This goes with Muslims, Jews, Christians pagans whatever

and you didnt answer any of my questions
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

PRODIGAL SUN

also, what Muslims seem to forget is...that Christians can afford to have a few accuracies out of place in our bible...because it was written by Historians, prophets, saints and authors..HOWEVER, If one verse of the Koran is wrong or a contradiction...your faith falls like dominos...simply because it is supposed to be the word of God...and the Word of God cannot afford to even have one mistake.

get me?
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

so u follow the bible even though you admit it was written by normal people? what if its all fiction?

and Jesus said he came to fufill the law, not change it.