Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Gangsta Rap

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

Default Hardcore Gangsta Rap

This thread is dedicated to real gangsta rap, which seems to no longer exists anymore.

When I was but a young lad growing up in a lovely suburban neighborhood in the 3rd grade, I listened to various types of music, including Hammer and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

Then, one day, my friend gave me a copy of NWA's 100 Miles and Runnin, and my life changed.

I was intrigued. All of the cursing, sexual braggadocio, and senseless violence captivated me, like a movie that my parents would be hesitant to let me watch.

I instantly fell in love with rap. NWA, the Dayton Family, the Ghetto Boys, PSK, Cube, the Down South Hustlaz, MC Eiht, etc.

Then Pac and Biggie came along and gave it a soul(before they died).

Basically, every last one of them was "fronting" and came from poor neighborhoods, but went to magnet schools and were in the drama club and shit, but I didn't give a fuck.

It was great! It was a whole different world for me. I was a young, white suburban kid from an affluent community, and I couldn't get enough of the characters that these men had created strictly for my entertainment.

Understand, rap music is made for "the people", but genres are sustained by suburban white kids. Essentially, suburban white kids control the direction of rap music, and I loved it when we created this gangsta craze.

Now as far as the bling-bling era, I didn't necessarily hate it, but it was much weaker than the hardcore gangsta shit. Most of these assholes rent their jewely and cars for their videos.

I AM an affluent suburbanite, I don't want to hear about how well you're doing. I'm doing well myself. Shit, my dad makes more in a year than most of you faggots, but he buys stock and fattens his retirement fund instead of buying spinning rims and various rings.

But whatever, I love old-school Cash Money, and I could deal with it.

But now, popular rap music is watered-down bullshit that essentially revolves around meaningless hooks and dance crazes, and once again, it is because of suburban white kids. What I'm saying is, suburban white kids of my generation were much cooler than suburban white kids of today.

I don't know exactly how it happened, but I blame Nelly.

AND FINALLY, most rap that is "spiritual" or "educational" or "deep" is in fact gay as shit. If you listen to rap music to educate yourself, develop your spirituality, or formulate your opinions on life, you are a total fag.

Wu dropped some spirituality, but they covered in up nicely with drugs, dope lyrics, guns, dope beats, and ODB and RZA making funny noises.

Does anybody else yearn for the good old days of hardcore studio gangstas?

Discuss, faggots.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

-

LOL@what you said about Cash Money rappers videos and other rappers who brag about the material things they have hahahahahahahahahaha. You said you don't wanna hear rappers talking about how financially well they're doing hahahahahahahahaha. I don't wanna hear that shit either. You're wrong though for saying rappers who preach education in their music is fags. KRS One, Public Enemy, Paris, Ice Cube, Geto Boys, Dead Prez, Goodie Mob, The Coup, Nas aren't fags for preaching education, religion and intelligence to blacks. Ignorant black men and black women need to be preached to about education and intelligence because so many of them are poor and don't have shit because of their ignorance. Since this topic is about gangsta rap, i'm gonna speak about it. I miss hardcore rappers too like NWA(RIP Eazy E), MC Eiht, Spice 1, Geto Boys, Above The Law, College Boyz, Kam, Boss, Das EFX, 2Pac, The Notorious Big, Heather B, The Conscious Daughters, Lady Of Rage, Big L, Rakim, Illegal, Da Youngstas, Mack 10, Ice T, Da Lench Mob. Rap game is real soft right now and i agree with what you said. There's some gangsta rappers from back in the day that are still doing music but their music sucks now compared to how good it was back in the day like Spice 1 and MC Eiht. Spice 1 and MC Eiht put out new albums every year or every other year now but the albums are terrible because of wack beats. I wish MC Ren hadn't stopped doing solo albums. He's my favorite NWA group member. Too Short used to be hard but now his albums are wack. LOL@his Blow The Whistle and Get Off The Stage albums hahahahahahahahahaha. Redman and Keith Murray used to be hard but now their albums suck. LOL@what you said about these corny rappers out now especially the southern rappers hahahahahahahahaha. They're the reason why rap is soft now. LL Cool J used to be hard but his last 4 albums have been soft.

CJ--I can't believe I left off Spice-1. I used to always listen to Strap on the Side on the Box. ANybody remember that channel?

Also, MC Ren was one of my favorites too. THe Kizz my black ass EP? FInal Frontier is one of the dopest songs ever.
    --youreallfags.

-

I forgot to mention JT Money of Poison Clan, 2 Live Crew, 8Ball and MJG, 50 Cent, Onyx, Group Home, Gang Starr, DMX. Ya'll can diss 50 Cent all you want but 50 is capable of making a good hardcore album like his Get Rich Or Die Tryin album was and the soundtrack is hard too. His Power Of The Dollar unreleased album is good too. How To Rob song makes me laugh. I don't know why he changed his style all of a sudden and started doing soft music. His last 2 albums are a joke LOL. I saw his Curtis album at the library yesterday and i was thinking about listening to it but i put it back on the shelf because i saw he has Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Robin Thicke on the album hahahahahahahahaha. DMX is another dude that's a good rapper but his albums have disappointed me because he always has more bad songs than good songs on his albums.

I know ya'll are gonna laugh at me because of this rapper i'm about to name that used to be hardcore and he started singing and became soft, Ja Rule. Go ahead and laugh but if ya'll listened to his first album, you can see why i mentioned him. His first album is hardcore but for some reason he decided to switch up and do pussy songs for the ladies and that's why he started to suck. I heard his Blood In My Eye album is hard but i haven't heard it. I do like his Clap Back song from that album. Let's also not forget his hard song I Got A Story To Tell on Belly soundtrack. Capone and Noreaga used to be hard because their first album is real good but Noreaga's rhyming style changed and the group has sucked ever since. Noreaga's last 2 solo albums are wack LOL. If i was Capone, i'd just do solo albums and no more group albums because of wack ass Noreaga.

-

Yeah Spice 1 is still a good rapper but his last 10 albums have sucked hahahahahahahahahahaha. He puts out a new album every year and nobody knows about it hahahahahahahahaha. His beats have been terrible the last 9 years. The Black Bossalini was the last good album he did to me and that came out in 1997 LOL. Snoop Dogg was hard when he did Deep Cover with Dr Dre and the songs he were on on The Chronic album but every album he's done after Doggystyle has been terrible.

Damn CJ, you mentioned a lot of good shit.

8ball and MJG used to be some of my favorite shit.

And the first Ja Rule was kind of dope. Race Against TIme was the shit, and the Murderers.

Gangstarr and Onyx were also dope. Step in the arena and last dayz...

CJ you listened to some dope shit. How old are you? Kids these days don't know shit.
    --youreallfags.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Default Go

"I AM an affluent suburbanite" you're bugged out man...but great post....i think that it goes beyond hip-hop...i feel like american media...arts...whatever you wanna call it has become really waterd down in general....hip-hop...rock music...i use to listen to rock music....you dont hear any rock music that bumps anymore...pop music...r&b music....music in general has really dried up...not saying that there still isn't good shit being produced..but you really gotta dig now....its evident in movies as well...times are just changing...or maybe we are just getting old....who knows...
    ________
    no2 vaporizer reviews
    Last edited by prrra718; 01-21-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

^^ Shut up, Ghostlaced.

Irondan... I completely dig why you are into hardcore gangsta and against bling shit, those are my thoughts exactly. But, about thoughtful rap you say is gay: what's your opinion about Public Enemy?
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Yeah, good thread. Even Mase(Murda Mase) used to be hardcore at one time. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    ^^ Shut up, Ghostlaced.

Irondan... I completely dig why you are into hardcore gangsta and against bling shit, those are my thoughts exactly. But, about thoughtful rap you say is gay: what's your opinion about Public Enemy?
    In all seriousness, I don't necessarily hate thoughtful rap, and I respect it's right to exist more than I would say, Nelly.

BUT, for me, personally, it is not something I would want to listen to.

Not to get too existential over here, but I look at movies, music, television, etc., purely as forms of entertainment.

For example, JFK might be a good movie, but I am not going to watch it, because I'd rather watch Snatch or something fast-paced with guns, profanity, and explosions.

Now, I know that those types of movies, and gangsta rap, are by no means deep, and lots of times, they are even downright "bad", but I don't care, because I am entertained.

Now, if I want to formulate opinions about world affairs, religion, morality, etc, I would go to college and read books, which I did and do, but I don't care what Chuck D has to say about it, and I'm sure he doesn't care what I have to say about it.

As far as what other people listen to, it is a matter of personal preference, and I really can't say that I am right or somebody else is wrong, even if they listen to Nelly.

I didn't like Public Enemy because I felt like they were trying to preach to me, and I don't like to be preached to. Pac had messages, but he didn't cram them down my throat. He buried them beneath his tales of violence, and I could easily ignore them.

I don't like when actors go on TV and try to talk about world affairs either.

On the flip side, it might even be noble for people to use their celebrity to try and bring attention to a cause that is important to them, but I still hate it. That's just me, though.

I like my entertainers to entertain, and then shut the fuck up.
    --youreallfags.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Okay. I don't see music as merely entertainment, I see it as an art form that can be more powerful than we think. I liked Public Enemy because they were the voice of a movement, which was preachy in its basis, but it was a movement, something this generation sorely lacks. Basically a more intelligent and more educated - and more preachy - side of the same movement that made the classic gangsta rap. Plus they succeeded in it because they were bringing the noise on any level, from music to controversy. No other conscious rap act repeated that.

Except Ice Cube, I'd say he's the most successful rapper in making overtly political/conscious statements easy to stomach.

Respect to your opinion though. Aiight chill.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

I'm at the risk of mentioning him in every topic, but i skimmed the posts and i didnt see kool g rap, this guy has the gangsta steez to a science, so hardcore, his songs with mobb deep and MOP are too insane, and also DMX is sope on the gangsta rap shit. Big Pun could do it too, same with the wu, even gza covered this shit on liquid swords for a bit on killah hills and gold. Shit was crazy tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasjit View Post
    I'm at the risk of mentioning him in every topic, but i skimmed the posts and i didnt see kool g rap, this guy has the gangsta steez to a science, so hardcore, his songs with mobb deep and MOP are too insane, and also DMX is sope on the gangsta rap shit. Big Pun could do it too, same with the wu, even gza covered this shit on liquid swords for a bit on killah hills and gold. Shit was crazy tho.
    Kool G Rap is good shit, although I never listened to him extensively.

Mobb Deep is some of my favorite shit from back in middle school, at least THe Infamous and Hell on Earth, which are both still solid in my rotation. Murda Muzik wasn't terrible either
    --youreallfags.

Bone Thugs is hard as fuck listen to Faces of Death, Creepin on Ah Come Up, E. 1999 Eternal, Art of War, and BTNHResurrection
    IM THE BABY, GOTTA LOVE ME

Go to sleep when your tired and wake up at the same time everyday until you'r legs are more flexible for an intense fight with your local mail carrier

I refuse to call any singin-ass niggas hardcore gangsta rap, but I do like Bone Thugs, and they had some hard content.

Speaking of singin-ass niggas, everybody should get Nate Dog's G-Funk Classics Volumes 1 and 2.

I realize that this is off-topic, but I feel like Im the only person who owns them and they are dope.
    --youreallfags.