This thread is dedicated to real gangsta rap, which seems to no longer exists anymore.

When I was but a young lad growing up in a lovely suburban neighborhood in the 3rd grade, I listened to various types of music, including Hammer and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

Then, one day, my friend gave me a copy of NWA's 100 Miles and Runnin, and my life changed.

I was intrigued. All of the cursing, sexual braggadocio, and senseless violence captivated me, like a movie that my parents would be hesitant to let me watch.

I instantly fell in love with rap. NWA, the Dayton Family, the Ghetto Boys, PSK, Cube, the Down South Hustlaz, MC Eiht, etc.

Then Pac and Biggie came along and gave it a soul(before they died).

Basically, every last one of them was "fronting" and came from poor neighborhoods, but went to magnet schools and were in the drama club and shit, but I didn't give a fuck.

It was great! It was a whole different world for me. I was a young, white suburban kid from an affluent community, and I couldn't get enough of the characters that these men had created strictly for my entertainment.

Understand, rap music is made for "the people", but genres are sustained by suburban white kids. Essentially, suburban white kids control the direction of rap music, and I loved it when we created this gangsta craze.

Now as far as the bling-bling era, I didn't necessarily hate it, but it was much weaker than the hardcore gangsta shit. Most of these assholes rent their jewely and cars for their videos.

I AM an affluent suburbanite, I don't want to hear about how well you're doing. I'm doing well myself. Shit, my dad makes more in a year than most of you faggots, but he buys stock and fattens his retirement fund instead of buying spinning rims and various rings.

But whatever, I love old-school Cash Money, and I could deal with it.

But now, popular rap music is watered-down bullshit that essentially revolves around meaningless hooks and dance crazes, and once again, it is because of suburban white kids. What I'm saying is, suburban white kids of my generation were much cooler than suburban white kids of today.

I don't know exactly how it happened, but I blame Nelly.

AND FINALLY, most rap that is "spiritual" or "educational" or "deep" is in fact gay as shit. If you listen to rap music to educate yourself, develop your spirituality, or formulate your opinions on life, you are a total fag.

Wu dropped some spirituality, but they covered in up nicely with drugs, dope lyrics, guns, dope beats, and ODB and RZA making funny noises.

Does anybody else yearn for the good old days of hardcore studio gangstas?

Discuss, faggots.