0 0%

Thread: Ultimate Force - I'm Not Playin'

Default Ultimate Force - I'm Not Playin'

01. Another Hit
    02. Come On (ft. Fat Joe)
    03. Girls
    04. I Gotta Go
    05. I'm in Effect
    06. Oh Shit (ft. Fat Joe, Seville & Gizmo)
    07. I'm Not Playin'
    08. One of the All Time Greats
    09. Revolution of the Mind
    10. Smooth as Suede
    11. Supreme Diamond D
    12. Tuff (So Damn)

Last edited by claaa7; 11-19-2008 at 08:43 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i received this album in the mail yesterday and listening to it for the 2nd time right now and I gotta say i'm very pleasantly suprised by how good this album actually is. it's a group consisting of producer/DJ Diamond D and MC Rob and this album was recorded between 1988-1990 and if you heard the 12" "I'm Not Playin" you know the sound of this. this should appeal to any fan of old-school flavored hip-hop cuz this is a slamming album.

MC Rob holds down his part on the mic nicely and Diamond shows already here that he was an extraordinary producer and DJ (he does not have any verses on this album)... funk samples, crazy cuts and simple but well-executed lyrics make up "I'm Not Playing" and I'm sure that if this album would have been released in 1990 as intended this album would have a great rep... i haven't listened to it enough to rate it proper but it's at least a 8.5/10 if not more.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!