Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do you bother with this?

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

yeah it is good to read (@ Shizzer), im not against it, im just saying about rap. I like some canibus, i got that poet laeurete album (the one with stoupe producing allof it) and I know he does that because hes always adding that MIC club shit in hsi albums sleeve

some peeps may not realise but im big into poetry actually, not love poetry philoshophical peotry, so im not against it, im just sayin nnaaaaameeann kid!

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
    btw you say "just a form of poetry" like its a bad thing
    For real...poetry is a wonderful artform.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    yeah most rappers type that shit into their phones first, or write it whatever, but thats not the verse right there, its only the foundation. they then work out how to say each line after.

Plus if you really knew about rapping you would know that writing it down ISNT the first step. Youve gotta get the flow in your head first of all from the beat. If you dont have a beat to a rhyme the verse is pointless.

You should call this the "Coffee Shop Spoken Word" sub forum or something. Because thats all that it is.
    Not every single Emcee/Rapper has the same formula...
    I usually write doen some lines, recite them as a spoken word...
    Then bulk it up, play a beat, yes GHOSTALCED a beat and spit it over the beat.
    Altering the "FLOW" due to the beat.
    And yes after a while you begin to see patterns with each individual
    Of course you can't hear them speaking it, but you get an insight of that person's style.

no need to get heated. but just admit its not rap, its spoken word. its not even spoken word though, because we cant hear you. so its just written poetry of some weird type based on rap lyrics.
    I thought R.A.P. stood for "Rhythm And Poetry" and that is what I'm doing.
    I've always seen written rhymes as the blueprint.

Lyrics is why I listen to Hip-Hop.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

^see you listen because of lyrics, I listen for feeling, emotion, and flow. I dont particulary care what they are saying actually. I used to alot, from the ages of 15-20 I hated Jeezys and southern rap.

But i like the odd clever wordplay thrown into each verse, and personally you all hate on Weezy, but no one else is as easy with the wordplay as him, like it or not, thats what I beleive and im not new to this shit, ive been listenenig to all types of hip hop for many years. I know a talent when I hear it.

Prince Rai

^see you listen because of lyrics, I listen for feeling, emotion, and flow. I dont particulary care what they are saying actually. I used to alot, from the ages of 15-20 I hated Jeezys and southern rap.

But i like the odd clever wordplay thrown into each verse, and personally you all hate on Weezy, but no one else is as easy with the wordplay as him, like it or not, thats what I beleive and im not new to this shit, ive been listenenig to all types of hip hop for many years. I know a talent when I hear it.

i do get your main point, its just the way how it seems like youre downgrading our work on here. it deserves respect because it does mirrors rap at LEAST.

Peace