Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain facebook to me?

David Columbine

Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    i never understood this facebook crap either. everyone has one, jus like why. whats the point?? do ppl not have friends in real life, cant they communicate with ppl without the need for a keyboard.

ppl get such a boner over it. i see it in uni mostly the girls jus bring their laptops in and go on facebook and jus talk to each other in lectures. like why dnt u jus shout across the room like i do.
    It's a popularity contest, they do that so everyone can see how many wall posts and pic comments they have and how much everyone likes them while slightly boosting there self esteem and masking there insecurities.

*Logs on to facebook*

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post

ppl get such a boner over it. i see it in uni mostly the girls jus bring their laptops in and go on facebook and jus talk to each other in lectures. like why dnt u jus shout across the room like i do.
    yeah girls are dumb. but then they can be smart too. but most of the time they do dumb shit. i'd understand the whole facebook thing if i showed it to someone who didnt know what the internet was, but people think its cool simply because they have found something to do on their computers.

my theory is facebook is for shallow people who realise they should be using the internet by now, but have very little actual interests or thirst for knowledge, so the idea of the internet is actually boring to them, as they dont really care about anything apart from themselves. But they know its not cool to be computer illiterate nowadays. So they facebook. problems solved.

orignally I had used facebook for staying in touch with my highschool friends 98% of the people on my facebook i know and have met personally. When I had moved to Miami, thats what I used to stay in touch with everyone. I don't have many facebook friends, recently i have been adding you silly wu corpers but i have to stop that because I find it awkward, I also hate to be tagged into stupid drunken pictures of me. I stay away from the camera as much as possible when i'm drunk.

I do have a myspace thats for da fans www.myspace.com/esko_von

Wobbling Totem Poles

Going through facebook friends deleting ones you dont want is a soul cleansing experience.

Try it.

Banned

I dont kno why i have either one, altho its fun to check out some of the girls on there who post 100's of slutty pics.

i rarely check them, i should get rid of myspace cuz i havent been on that in like a year.

It was fun when i first got it to catch up with people i hadnt seen for a while, but after that its like...ok

Wobbling Totem Poles

Yeah, i'm, like, totally over it too.

At first it was all, like, wow! Oh. My. God. I, like, cannot believe how much weight he put on.

But now it's just, like, whatever!

Banned

two snaps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook

Mark Zuckerberg founded "The Facebook", originally located at thefacebook.com, on February 4, 2004[9] while attending Harvard University as a sophomore.[1] The company dropped The from its name after purchasing the domain name facebook.com in 2005 for $200,000.[10]

Membership was initially restricted to students of Harvard College, and within the first month, more than half the undergraduate population at Harvard were registered on the service.[11] Eduardo Saverin (business aspects), Dustin Moskovitz (programmer), Andrew McCollum (graphic artist), and Chris Hughes soon joined Zuckerberg to help promote the website. In March 2004, Facebook expanded to Stanford, Columbia, and Yale.[12] This expansion continued when it opened to all Ivy League schools and gradually most universities in Canada and the United States.[13] In June 2004, Facebook moved its base of operations to Palo Alto, California.[12] In October 2008, Facebook announced that it was to set up its international headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. [14]

Facebook launched a high school version in September 2005, which Zuckerberg called the next logical step.[15] At that time, high school networks required an invitation to join.[16] Facebook later expanded membership eligibility to employees of several companies including Apple Inc. and Microsoft.[17] Facebook was then opened to everyone of ages 13 and older with a valid e-mail address on September 26, 2006.[18][19]

BusinessWeek has confirmed that Facebook, beginning in Autumn 2008, will allow its employees to sell stock at no more than a $3.75 billion valuation.[20]

I really need to get a good idea.

I use facebook simply as a means of passing photos around to my friends that I may have taken on a night out with them, other than that I don't use it.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

David Columbine

It's strange some hot bitch from primary school has been flirting with me since she added me, shes hot so i have been returning the affection, what puzzles me is that i left that primary school in year 3.

I don't remember the bitch and yet i am going to her birthday party this saturday.

Thanks facebook!

Banned

get tha fuck outta here with the English public shool bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by David 87 View Post
    It's strange some hot bitch from primary school has been flirting with me since she added me, shes hot so i have been returning the affection, what puzzles me is that i left that primary school in year 3.

I don't remember the bitch and yet i am going to her birthday party this saturday.

Thanks facebook!
    Sounds like a bait and rape to me.

David Columbine

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    haha

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David 87 View Post
    hahaha...what movie is that i wanna watch the whole thing.
    Fuck them paki asian bastuds....its time for the English the reclaim wuts theres