Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Immortal Technique a douche?

Default Re: Is Immortal Technique a douche?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts
    Why exactly does he have to move? All you keep on saying is he says this about this country so he should move there and he says that about that country so he should move there. So you saying anyone in the US that shows respect to another country is not allowed to do so unless he is actually planning on moving there? So if someone that doesn't agree with the majority concensus in the US is not welcome there (even though he is from there now anyway). Thats narrow minded.

And how can you say that racism is irrelevant in 2005. He backs up his claims of racism with his side of the argument. Your argument is very simplistic in that white people can't use a word in a racist way so the world is now a lovely place. Perhaps it is but if everyone was like you and thought oh what a lovely world and the sun is out and people who say other countries are nice are evil themselves then no one would question anything. Knowledge only moves forward when it is pushed forward and thats what he is trying to do. He is playing devils advocate.
    No, im saying if this is the worst place on earth, why are you here, he doesn't have to move and he won't because he likes his freedom to live, but don't degrade the country that gave it to you to cause your confused. I gave you shit loads of examples on how fucked up the world is so how do I think its all lovely. I say racism is irrelevant in 2005 because the civil rights fight has been fought, and if you encounter rasicm, your able to fight it back, and win, in a court provided you with the same government that gave you the right to be free. I don't think he should move, because the man likes his right to say what the wants but don't give props to countries that kill and torture they're own people just to prove that the U.S. is worst then them. As a citizen that insults me personally. He's not pushing knowledge forward, AT ALL. The man says the only black people that are rich are the ones that white people made rich, that's LITERALLY salve mentality. You'll always be a worthless piece of shit unless you master decides you need some pocket change. There was not a single white man that got my parents they're degrees. My mom's black and her english is horrible but she's one of the cities most respected counselors, she did with with her own black hands, in a country that gave her the oppurtunity to. That's that part that got me, and that's why the man's a douche.

Oprah's the richest women in the fucking richest nation on earth, AND she's black, congradulations Oprah, congradulations on making your way though life as a strong intellegent BLACK women with the sweat on your own back, and not because a secret counsel of white guys and fucking warlocks in a fucking evil cave lair that wear spandex and capes and plot on drinking all colored blood and blowing up the world made you rich with they're evil henchmen and mind control devices.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin
    Well looks like you have to sutdy cause he said Iraq, and all the other place suffering from counter revolution, its a shout out to Iraq gov and people, he complained about the US but not iraq's government, and that's the point, he WOULDNT speak up in other situations because he hasn't PERIOD, when Malcolm X went on his pilgrimage, he saw the problems elsewhere in the world and because he didn't agree with them he went to those countries and helped fight it, Technique has a problem with bad government, so U.S. is his battle ground? Come on Liberia force feed children cocain so they wouldn't hesitate to kill their own families? please give me ONE Bush policy that stacks up to that. I don't give a fuck why he left peru but if this country and its gov. is to source of all the worlds problems peru couldn't be worst, i think his way of thinking is that of a douches, so he got his point across.
    He hasn't spoken up in other situations cuz he isn't from other situations. You seem to be very willing to draw conclusions yet you can't see that what you are expecting him to do he has already done cuz he is speaking up for what he has lived in.

With regards to Iraq. Study history and you will find various examples of what he means. Just as an example lets take India. After 100 years of British rule in India in 1857 they decided to have the first uprising. They had a time frame of 30 days within which to do this. In the planning stages they came up against the questionof whole will be the ruler of India once the British are overthrown. More importantly will India be better if not being ruled by the British. They concluded that there was a possibility that the wrong people could rule India. However they clearly stated that they were willing to be in a position worse of that they are as long as their own people have control of their country. And that is exactly it. Its better the devil you know and that is exactly Immortal Techniques point. Do you really expect no one to speak up about US in Iraq even though what they are doing is wrong? Before they went to Iraq the Sunni's and Shi'its never distinguished between themselves. The distinction was based on where your from but not what part of the faith you follow. Now years after the US will be gone there will still be civil wars based on a difference that the US created. So how the fuck is it wrong for Sadam Hussain to do what he did and not for the US to do what they did? Its just an evil world and Immortal Technique represents that in his music. If your fucked then your fucked. The only thing is that its better to be fucked by your own kind than an invader. Its plain and simple what he is saying.

One Bush policy as bad as the Liberia one - The US gave the Taliban power. They gave Bin Laden power. Refer to 9/11 to see what their buddies did to them
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

No, im saying if this is the worst place on earth, why are you here, he doesn't have to move and he won't because he likes his freedom to live, but don't degrade the country that gave it to you to cause your confused. I gave you shit loads of examples on how fucked up the world is so how do I think its all lovely. I say racism is irrelevant in 2005 because the civil rights fight has been fought, and if you encounter rasicm, your able to fight it back, and win, in a court provided you with the same government that gave you the right to be free. I don't think he should move, because the man likes his right to say what the wants but don't give props to countries that kill and torture they're own people just to prove that the U.S. is worst then them. As a citizen that insults me personally. He's not pushing knowledge forward, AT ALL. The man says the only black people that are rich are the ones that white people made rich, that's LITERALLY salve mentality. You'll always be a worthless piece of shit unless you master decides you need some pocket change. There was not a single white man that got my parents they're degrees. My mom's black and her english is horrible but she's one of the cities most respected counselors, she did with with her own black hands, in a country that gave her the oppurtunity to. That's that part that got me, and that's why the man's a douche.
    Gave him what exactly? Who gave him what? The US is a young country so everyones a immigrant. So who ownes this land? People like Technique don't have the right to live there? Why is that?

Is your implication that everyone in the US is equal? You seem to be saying that Immortal Technique owes the US something for living on their land. How about Bush give the natives something for living on their land?

This argument can go on forever but the point is that Immortal Technique has a valid point of view. I don't concern myself with what his theories too much but he does have a point though.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

ThaShaolinAssassin

When did I.T shotout to Saddam for killing the kurds
    with chemical weapons that US goverment gave him??

It seems that you're american, cuz you don't know SHIT...
    Iran, N.Korea, Cuba are countries that aren't controlled
    by the US goverment, unlike Saudi Arabia.
    And they fight the US goverment as the evil axis it is..
    These countries he gives shotouts to, they are the face
    of the opposition to the USA..
    And if you think that US goverment cares about you,
    you're wrong, they don't care SHIT about you....

If you only knew what USA does around the world..
    If you only knew..
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Questioning the media and politicians has been around in rap for almost as long as rap itself has been around. Apart from rappers such as Dead Prez, Nas, 2pac, the Wu itself has done this many many times themselves. Immortal Technique is just continuing the tradition of a genre of rap music in a time when it actually has begun to fade away.

To put it simply. He is complaining about our government. THen gives praise to governments that literally kill their own people. The point is that if he did what he is doing in the USA right now in the countries that he gives praise too, he would be killed. He has the right to say what he wants to the US, but don't give praise to countries in which it is a known fact that the government is 10 or 20 times worst than the US.

Geo the God Of Diction rzarazorrzarazorsharp's Avatar

and why does he seem to think that everyone in our government are a bunch of villianous white guys that just want to eat black babies. The word racist is repeated on his CD so many times its fucking ridiculous. It 2005, racism really isn't relevent. A white guy'll say nigger here and there, but he really has no more power because he's white and the government just wants every black person dead, fag. Like how's the U.S. more racist then the Sudan, and why doesn't that racism not matter to him.
    Yo read up on whats going on with the disaster of hurricane katrina and then fucking tell me that racism isn't relevent...you have much to learn....open your fucking eyes

www.infowars.com

Straight Outta PHX

Racism isn't relevant? You gotta be a fuckin' idiot to think that. You're obviously a mark.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

What is the HUrricane aiming for black people? come on people, When i say rasicm isn't relevent I mean every word of it, once upon a time the color of your skin made life a living hell, now your GOVERNMENT gives you the right to fight it on EQUAL terms, PLEASE compare that to the Sudan and tell me Immortal's really fighting the right battle? People the problems in the Black community aren't racism from and external force, its all internal. Technique give praise to Stalin? WTF JOE STALIN the man LITERALLY killed waaayyy more people then hitler, his OWN people, and turned the entire Russian lower class of farmers into slaves on collective farms, that die of hungry, WHEN THEY WERE FORCED TO GROW FOOD. PLEASE name ONE Bush policy worst then that and i'll shut up, JUST ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts

One Bush policy as bad as the Liberia one - The US gave the Taliban power. They gave Bin Laden power. Refer to 9/11 to see what their buddies did to them
    Bush SR. gave the Taliban funding to fight off the imperalistic invasion of Afganistan by the USSR on its quest to conquer the world with communism. At the time the Taliban was a well respected noble freedom fighting cause, while the USSR was the fucking USSR, after time Taliban leadership decided the US. was an enemy and waged war on us, an Allie turned bad, the U.S. didn't help the taliban in 9/11 it help the taliban fight for its people, when's that last time fucking Iran did that. 9/11 happened because they waged war on us, period. They (and external power) killed americans, but Americans don't build gulags, and gas chambers like the countries the douche praises.

AND if hitler was in power in the present day Tech would be on his side because the Germans were fighting U.S. (and if they were in the modern day) CIA aggression, and he said he supports any country doing that, regardless of they own policies on they're own people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanha
    ThaShaolinAssassin

When did I.T shotout to Saddam for killing the kurds
    with chemical weapons that US goverment gave him??

It seems that you're american, cuz you don't know SHIT...
    Iran, N.Korea, Cuba are countries that aren't controlled
    by the US goverment, unlike Saudi Arabia.
    And they fight the US goverment as the evil axis it is..
    These countries he gives shotouts to, they are the face
    of the opposition to the USA..
    And if you think that US goverment cares about you,
    you're wrong, they don't care SHIT about you....

If you only knew what USA does around the world..
    If you only knew..
    Kahuna, Your not white, If the EVIL AXIS that is the U.S. didn't exist the third reich would have won the second world war and you'd be whipe of the planet. If North Korea didn't exist you'd still be alive, infact odds are if your in a country where your rich enough to have a computer and be on Wucorp North Korea wants you dead, your a part of its enemy, so don't be on a countries side cause the US doesn't "control" it because your examples of "uncontrolled" countries have take records 800x more gruesome in the past 10 years then the US.

[QUOTE=ShaolinDarts]Gave him what exactly? Who gave him what? The US is a young country so everyones a immigrant. So who ownes this land? People like Technique don't have the right to live there? Why is that?

He owes the Gov nothing, and he has the right to live here, and that's my point. He has the RIGHT to live here, the FUCKING RIGHT. You know a jew doesn't have the right to live in Iran? It's actual law.

i think i'm high

i only read the first post, and kid...you really really really need to do some heavy studying, grow up, and stop actin like a bitch.

easy!

Realness