Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: respected rappers,that are wack in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    you know,you wonder why this rapper gets all this love and respect when he's below par in your eyes.
    they have to have some kind of respect though,so no soulja boi or any of those fucks...

mine are:

prodigy
    keith murray
    noreaga
    cappadona
    sheek louch
    big shug (dont know if he gets respected though lol)

i dont know where these cats get their reps from,cus they're barely rappers as far as i'm concerned...

i'll update if i think of anybody else
    ur crazy. sheek is ill check out the song walk witt me. keith murray check out christina or man child. cappadonna?? did u ever hear him on ironman. prodigy was ill until he fell off a few years back and nore aint the best but he's nice check the war report and his first solo
    "Fake niggas who tried to flex hard came and went, they couldn't match up wit the fly nigga wit his back against the wall. heads clock when i came in the door"-Ghostface Killah

Quote Originally Posted by Flowzz View Post
    Rakim
    KRS One
    GZA
    that's straight blasphemy. Rakim!!!??? i hope your one of them ten year old germans on here maybe i'll forgive you.
    "Fake niggas who tried to flex hard came and went, they couldn't match up wit the fly nigga wit his back against the wall. heads clock when i came in the door"-Ghostface Killah

Quote Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
    Ok if that's the case then why did you list him as wack?
    He just is to me. Alot of the shit he says is just corny IMO. I think he peaked with KMD. But I really do enjoy Operation Doomsday, Take Me to Your Leader and MM.. Food. I think the Victor Vaughn albums are corny as far as grimey/ dark rap goes. And I think alot of the stuff on Madvillainy is being overpraised (besides Madlib's beats). And I think DangerDoom's charm really left me after about a year of listening to it. So I think about half his shit is wack and the stuff I like isn't necessarily because of his rhymes. And the whole mask gimmick concept was cool when I was a teen, but now I look at him like a guy with real confidence and identity issues. Its like, alot of people love him but I see nothing heroic about him. I can't respect his character beyond being an eccentric beatmaster with a mediocre lyrical style.

young jeezy

lynskey

Raekwon
    MF Doom
    Jay-Z

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Biggie is maybe overrated....or maybe not. Cmon, how could anybody as a rap fan not listen to him??
    Well I've managed to do so up to this point...I just don't rate him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    LL Cool J
    Yep

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lynskey View Post
    Raekwon
    MF Doom
    Jay-Z
    not to try and start anything with you man, but Raekwon is one of the reasons i make the kind of music i do, his slang and rhyme-schemes cannot be fucked with,

And actaully i like Lil Wayne he understands the entertainment value that needs to be in music, and makes his albums enjoyable to listen to, and he's not too bad on the mic in songs like "Dr. Carter", or "The Block is hot"

anyway here's mine

Eminem - should have just stayed underground, he'd still be hungry
    Kuhjo of Goodie Mob - never really felt him on the albums, he's a legend and originator of the style but god his flow was very off
    Asher Roth - has some good wordplay, but he's coming off with the eminem swag when i doubt he could hold down a real battle
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

Death Poet

lil wayne - I have been trying mad hard to see his "greatness". This little bitch SUCKS! He has a good ear for beats though.

t.i. - i've only heard one verse that good.

LLoyd Banks - If he is still considered respected, I always though he was wack, along with all of G-unit

Fat Joe - I just can't get into him anymore. Used to be sick.

MF Doom - Madd wack!

Warcloud - Fell off hard. I agree with who ever said they don't enjoy him anymore. Still considered a lyricist in my books but I can't stand his flow anymore.
    Last edited by davedigital360; 02-17-2009 at 01:37 PM.

This is gotta be the funniest thread I've ever read. Theres alot of dudes in here that shouldn't be listening to hip hop at all. It just seems some of you just started listening to hip hop. REAL TALK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    LL Cool J
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Wobbling Totem Poles

Any rapper that is ranked as better than Kool G Rap is overated.

Kool G Rap >>>> Hip Hop

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Big Daddy Kane
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Dwight Conroy Farrell ButterCrunchJoints's Avatar

im not gonna scroll back to find it, but somebody called Aquemini "piss poor", what this dude is doing on a hip-hop forum makes absolutely no sense to me, cause that's fuckin' blasphemy. you need to sit down and listen to Liberation on repeat for like 3-4 hours and then realize what an enormous idiot you are.

vvv
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdieLY0-1Lk

and lol at rakim, krs, gza, raekwon and DOOM being on people's lists. like those are all rap gods, shit like that just confuses me. There is no explanation or excuse for not liking DOOM, if you think he's whack you just don't understand the music he makes, plain and simple.

immortal technique - there is not a single rapper i hate more than this motherfucker. i'm not saying he's not talented because he is lyrically talented, but his music is god awful. he epitomizes everything wrong with underground hip hop. its angry for no reason, and is not listenable. He can spit but he doesn't make good music, and the beats suck, as do the hooks. He just tries to use as many big words as possible and is angry and screams and yells on every track. no one over the age of 15 should think he's deep or that his politics make any sense. he's probably the least positive dude i've ever heard, like why would anyone want to listen to his music. He doesnt actually have anything to say, and just spews out revolutionary nonsense on every track. when he came on at Rock the Bells i had to leave and go get something to eat cause he just stood on stage yelling and cursing about nothing in particular for like 20 minutes before he even started rapping.
    Last edited by ButterCrunchJoints; 02-17-2009 at 04:28 PM.
    don't you flip your glasses up at me Kadeem Hardison

MF DOOM's rhymes fly over your head more than Gza's
    That's really saying something.

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

el-p
    WACKWACKWACKLAMELAMELAME
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money