Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 Corinthians 15:14

Default 1 Corinthians 15:14

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain."

What does this mean?
    thoughts and opinions?

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

It's Paul the deceiver, manipulating the ignorant again...

Req Em Ab

Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    It's Paul the deceiver, manipulating the ignorant again...
    ?

Paul, previously Saul of Tarsus, who (supposedly) wrote the book of Corinthians. All his writings smack of false piety. He contradicts himself each time he tells his story of a vision of Jesus on the road to Damascus. He contradicts Jesus' actual teachings on many occasions. He introduced the word Christ as a name in his books when it is a title. He raised Jesus to the level of God and himself to mediator. He regarded himself as better than actual 12 apostles (who, by the way, wanted nothing to do with him). And these are just a few things.

SHEM HETEP

Req Em Ab

Paul, previously Saul of Tarsus, who (supposedly) wrote the book of Corinthians. All his writings smack of false piety. He contradicts himself each time he tells his story of a vision of Jesus on the road to Damascus. He contradicts Jesus' actual teachings on many occasions. He introduced the word Christ as a name in his books when it is a title. He raised Jesus to the level of God and himself to mediator. He regarded himself as better than actual 12 apostles (who, by the way, wanted nothing to do with him). And these are just a few things.

SHEM HETEP
    interesting, although i can say that i dont completely understand. Im a newb when it comes to the bible, forgive me

PRODIGAL SUN

SHEM HETEP
    proof please faggot
    "Me and every other sane hip hop fan and critic knows that pac has no classics."
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

Quote Originally Posted by sarr View Post
    proof please faggot
    STFU

Now your on point Falcon - HTP

Paul the xtian killer that took evrything Jesus taught and twisted it.
    The reason Xtian priests believe they should be celibate = Paul

Paul the xtian killer - the one responsible for the stoning death of St. Stephen. And many many other xtians who taught Xtianity correctly - Gnostic knowledge.
    Break fast is served

proof please faggot
    And to top it off if you are somebody that has read the bible with a reasonable high level of understanding and cognizance you would know that what I said is in there written plainly to see.
    Break fast is served

P.E.A.C.E and Blessings...

proof please faggot
    lol @ faggot, how old are you? Someone presents information that you dont like and you call them names?

Proof? Read his books. He gives himself away time and again.

SHEM HETEP

Req Em Ab

i pay no attention to cynicism anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain."

What does this mean?
    thoughts and opinions?
    probably saying more like believe in the resurrection, and you will understand Christ better.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
    i pay no attention to cynicism anymore.
    lol, yeah nothing like ignoring information that contradicts your own to make sure your faith stays in tact.

Req Em Ab

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

I never liked that punk Paul, even when I was an obedient Catholic. He's just too suspect to me to admire him.

I mean, who told him how to interpret Jesus' words when he didn't even know the guy?

How come he was such a hater, but converted so suddenly - and look at that, at the same time when he obtained Roman citizenship, making him untouchable to other crazy Jews around?

Just how did he manage to go into house arrest during Neron's persecution of Christians? House arrest, in time when lions were fed with them? And just look - he wasn't even doing anything to protect himself, while Peter had this whole intelligence organization in Rome and yet ended up on cross.

And how the motherfluck was he freed and permitted to go on missions to Spain during the same persecution?
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

I hope no one reads the bible for Paul's teachings. am not saying I don't read the letters of Paul, but they hold no weight on the Gospels. one thing about the Bible is that it has been translated so much and so many things have been take out, added in and mistranslated it is hard at times to feel it is correct

lol, yeah nothing like ignoring information that contradicts your own to make sure your faith stays in tact.
    i don't see information, all i see is someone's posts, information comes from a source, not from a forum. when asked for proof all you said was "just read it, you'll see", i've read it at least 4 or 5 times and don't see what you're talking about.

in galatians, paul makes it clear that the church leadership in jerusalem, including the apostles and jesus' brother james, disagrees with his claim that the law is no longer required. in galatians 3:6 paul attempts to use abraham as an example of someone being righteous without adhering to the law. james refutes this example in james 2:20, and paul attempts to rebut the refutation in romans chapter 4.

it comes down to who you trust concerning jesus' message, paul (who never met the living jesus) or the apostles who knew jesus' teachings first hand.