Thread: Question 4 U Art Nerdz

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default Question 4 U Art Nerdz

wtp peace

how do I i do a graphic or gif or photo where the back ground is invisible?

You know like how for example in my little slick rick thing in my sig, how do I do it so the pic ends at the borders of his body? I dotn want that black background behind it.

So i just want to cut things out, i dont want square or rectangle pics all the time, just the outline that i want. I always wanted to know this.

Make a transparent background, cut out the picture,put it on a transparent background.

Visit my site...
    www.purehiphop.co.cc

John W. Henry

once you have it on a transparent background, you need to make sure the gif is saved for web... its an option on the gif details i think.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Another way to get the image outlined is to separate/mask off the background in your graphics application, but then get a color sample of the place where the signature is going to go from the forum and use it to fill the rest of the image background with. Then hopefully when you place the finished image/graphic, it will look like it's outlined.

If it's Photoshop I would use a separate fill layer for the forum color, taking a color sample with the Eyedropper tool. Then put that layer in back of the image/graphic after I've outlined it.

'

save it as PNG-24 if it's a still image that needs transparency (don't bother using JPEG)

If it's animated you are restricted to 256 colors or less and saving it as gif.

'

Quote Originally Posted by fatboybrandon View Post
    Another way to get the image outlined is to separate/mask off the background in your graphics application, but then get a color sample of the place where the signature is going to go from the forum and use it to fill the rest of the image background with. Then hopefully when you place the finished image/graphic, it will look like it's outlined.

If it's Photoshop I would use a separate fill layer for the forum color, taking a color sample with the Eyedropper tool. Then put that layer in back of the image/graphic after I've outlined it.

That may have been a common technique 10 years ago when a lot of browsers still didn't support .png but its 2010.

See my above post and save yourself time.